Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Post up your blacked out bikes...No chrome whores allowed!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2017, 10:24 AM
NCBANDIT
Tourer
Received 96 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by HDmikie
Great looking trike....would even look better without the orange and red reflectors
Ha Ha!! Yeah, I agree but not a big enough deal to give the law any reason to pull me,(even though it would be very low probability).

Old 03-24-2017, 10:41 AM
HDmikie
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 112 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by NCBANDIT
Ha Ha!! Yeah, I agree but not a big enough deal to give the law any reason to pull me,(even though it would be very low probability).
North Carolina equipment regs don't mention anything about reflectors. Go here and scroll down:

http://drivinglaws.aaa.com/tag/motorcycle-equipment/

Old 03-24-2017, 11:53 AM
rquest
Road Master
Received 71 Likes on 63 Posts

Great looking trike....would even look better without the orange and red reflectors
I don't think people judge bikes by reflectors or mirrors anymore, I mean really. Do you know how long I had to look for a set to go on my XLCR? BTW, awesome trike!

Last edited by rquest; 03-24-2017 at 11:55 AM.
The following users liked this post:
NCBANDIT (03-24-2017)
Old 03-24-2017, 12:36 PM
HDmikie
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by rquest

I don't think people judge bikes by reflectors or mirrors anymore, I mean really. Do you know how long I had to look for a set to go on my XLCR? BTW, awesome trike!
Maybe its a personal preference thing but none of the guys I ride with have reflectors on their bikes. Btw, you'll never see reflectors on a Donny Smith bike. But, to each their own I guess. And yes the trike looks great!!!

Old 03-24-2017, 03:39 PM
Swtass
Advanced
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Old 03-24-2017, 05:22 PM
rquest
Road Master

Maybe its a personal preference thing but none of the guys I ride with have reflectors on their bikes. Btw, you'll never see reflectors on a Donny Smith bike. But, to each their own I guess. And yes the trike looks great!!!
Sorry I don't know who Donnie Smith is but if he did I would understand that he was simply complying with the law and not believe it was a personal choice he wanted, However if this bike were simply for show I would question it, lol. You know I bought my first bike in 1971 (a 650 Triumph) and the first thing I did was remove things like reflectors, blinkers, mirrors, etc, how many people do you think died doing the same thing? Lets not judge an awesome bike for something so frivolous, I think you can build an awesome bike and still keep it street legal.
EDIT: Oh, is this Donnie? I think I saw him on biker build-off a couple years ago. Cool bikes and I miss the show...are those reflectors I see, haha?

Attached Thumbnails Post up your blacked out bikes...No chrome whores allowed!!!-donnie.jpg  

Last edited by rquest; 03-24-2017 at 05:41 PM.
Old 03-24-2017, 05:33 PM
WKNDS
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,256 Likes on 926 Posts

Sorry I don't know who Donnie Smith is but if he did I would understand that he was simply complying with the law and not believe it was a personal choice he wanted, However if this bike were simply for show I would question it, lol. You know I bought my first bike in 1971 (a 650 Triumph) and the first thing I did was remove things like reflectors, blinkers, mirrors, etc, how many people do you think died doing the same thing? Lets not judge an awesome bike for something so frivolous, I think you can build an awesome bike and still keep it street legal.
As posted previously by HDMikie- it IS street legal to not have
reflectors in the state of NC...... But to each his/her own...

T.

HDmikie (03-24-2017)
Old 03-24-2017, 05:54 PM
rquest
Road Master

Originally Posted by Microdoted
its super rare

here is my latest. blacked out a few more things.... horn, gauge, risers, oil cap, and took the flat black vance and hines heat shields and glossed them to match the rest of the bike.

This is so shinny it almost shouldn't be allowed in this thread, haha... love it!

Old 03-24-2017, 06:59 PM
HDmikie
Outstanding HDF Member

EDIT: Oh, is this Donnie? I think I saw him on biker build-off a couple years ago. Cool bikes and I miss the show...are those reflectors I see, haha?
Well lookie here....I stand corrected, but I bet you looked long and hard to find that pic. Let's see how many more you can find.

Like I said, it's personal preference. I'll never own a Harley with reflectors but that's just me. To each his own.

Old 03-24-2017, 07:21 PM
rquest
Road Master

Well lookie here....I stand corrected, but I bet you looked long and hard to find that pic. Let's see how many more you can find.

Like I said, it's personal preference. I'll never own a Harley with reflectors but that's just me. To each his own.
Photo-Shop, lol

HDmikie (03-24-2017)

Quick Reply: Post up your blacked out bikes...No chrome whores allowed!!!