Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BOOTS Chippewa Engineer vs redwings engineer

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2013, 10:02 AM
bjewell
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 347 Likes on 133 Posts

I'm liking my Chippewas because I can get the toe under the shift lever. But they are definitely more cheaply made than the Reds or the Wescos. Still and all they are fine boots and a bargain at two hundred bucks...

Old 12-12-2013, 11:50 AM
phanowel
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wife bought me Carolina Linesman steel toe boots for Christmas last year. I've worn them all year when riding or working outside. I love 'em, and they are made in the USA.

http://www.carolinashoe.com/Product?stockNo=1905

Old 12-12-2013, 01:14 PM
colonelangus1
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I buy Dayton double soled black beauty's hand made in Vancouver Canada .. i have a pair for dress and a pair for riding.. if you buy quality you will never need to buy boots again..

Old 12-12-2013, 03:13 PM
HKMark23
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,934 Likes on 1,111 Posts

Originally Posted by TNB
Visit Chippewa's website, then you should notice that some boots have a US Flag next to the boot model and some do not.
Thanx TNB. I did and noticed the flags. Also, for curiosity's sake, I E-mailed Chippewa. Got this response:

Xxxxx,

Thank you for contacting Justin Brands.

Currently, all of our Motorcycle boots are handcrafted in the US.

We appreciate you continued support of our brand.

Kathy Zuniga
Customer Service
Chippewa Boot Company
A Division of Justin Brands, Inc.
Was glad to know this as I had already ordered .

Old 12-12-2013, 03:51 PM
TNB
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HKMark23
Thanx TNB. I did and noticed the flags. Also, for curiosity's sake, I E-mailed Chippewa. Got this response:

Was glad to know this as I had already ordered .
To me, their response is misleading since Chippewa's website under "Footwear" does not specifically classify any of their boots as "Motorcycle Boots". I would tend to guess they mean "Engineer" boots since even under "Road" not all of the "Harness" boots, "Trooper" boots, or "Service" boots appear to made in the USA. For that matter, the 11" Black Full Quill Ostrich boot under "Engineer" does not have USA either.

Old 12-12-2013, 04:30 PM
HKMark23
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by TNB
To me, their response is misleading since Chippewa's website under "Footwear" does not specifically classify any of their boots as "Motorcycle Boots". I would tend to guess they mean "Engineer" boots since even under "Road" not all of the "Harness" boots, "Trooper" boots, or "Service" boots appear to made in the USA. For that matter, the 11" Black Full Quill Ostrich boot under "Engineer" does not have USA either.
OK.

The Rally boots are US made so I bot US made. That was my concern.

Old 12-22-2013, 11:54 PM
kiwideuce
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 115 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by 504ENGINEER
I'm a Locomotive Engineer, I walk on ballast (ask the redwing store railroaders are the hardest on boots) and uneven surfaces to get to my engines all times of the day, night, and weather conditions. I'm probaly in them 80% of the time. Besides the company I work for buys me 2 pairs a year up to $450.00 a year. So I usually buy a new pair every six months.
ah!! i see, that makes sense
nice bike you have

Old 12-23-2013, 01:31 AM
HKMark23
Seasoned HDF Member

Got my new Chippewa Ralleys about a week ago. No need to gush about the quality and finish, its all there and the boot looks suitably impressive. Slipping them on I found them true to size. The company claims the Rally cushion-less foot bed isn't designed for comfort, but for road feel and stability. What they've delivered is a sole that has that thin sole feel but with torsional rigidity (to borrow a skiers term) and is really quite comfortable owing to the excellent fit. I won't get to road test these till spring but I strongly expect that gear shifting issues I had with my current box toed boots won't exist with the Chippewas owing to their much lower profile. Not being waterproof, the boots soaked up a couple of coats of Obenauf's LP with aplomb and I'm ready for riding come spring.