Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BOOTS Chippewa Engineer vs redwings engineer

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 09:03 PM
aviscomi
Grand HDF Member
Received 424 Likes on 255 Posts

+1 on the Converse...I wear them all summer long.

Old 09-02-2009, 09:06 PM
ElSupremo
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I prefer the made in USA Danner boots over either of them. Most comfortable boots out of the box I've ever worn. Long lasting, too.

Old 09-02-2009, 09:33 PM
dub976
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I rock redwing all day long. well worth the money and made in the USA, seems like the only thing that is (i'm talking to you carhart, levis,ect.) if you're a union brother they give you a 20% discount

Old 09-02-2009, 11:17 PM
Legalcarry
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sash302
So all of you that have this boots Chippewa or red wings engineer boots I need your feedback and place where you get this fine boots,pictures would be nice......
thanks.
I've got some Redwing engineer boots, and they were made in the U.S.A. Great quality. But, I'm fairly certain that at least some, if not all of them are made overseas now. I was able to compare the quality of the American made engineer boots to the overseas version. Hands down, the American made boots I bought are far superior to the overseas version. If you can find some "new old stock" of the American Redwing boots, I'd say you'll love them. Otherwise, I'd look for something else.

Old 09-03-2009, 01:12 AM
Rocker_Dan
Road Warrior
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

http://cgi.ebay.com/BLACK-G-I-STYLE-...d=p3286.c0.m14

..... I wear military boots...comfy as!!

Old 09-03-2009, 05:43 AM
dub976
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Legalcarry
I've got some Redwing engineer boots, and they were made in the U.S.A. Great quality. But, I'm fairly certain that at least some, if not all of them are made overseas now. I was able to compare the quality of the American made engineer boots to the overseas version. Hands down, the American made boots I bought are far superior to the overseas version. If you can find some "new old stock" of the American Redwing boots, I'd say you'll love them. Otherwise, I'd look for something else.
no, most are made here in the states still. At least the work boot. they do use imported parts tho. I just bought another pair 2 weeks ago. they still have made in the usa tag on them.

Old 09-03-2009, 05:58 AM
overhead
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Sash302
those are nice dude, but I just love those big ones,pay attention to the 15 years old pair thy still looks great....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXUFQ-O678Q
I am not sure why, but this video really creeps me out. "Action indoors"? Anyway.....

I really like the Wesco boots but I am trying to decide if they are worth the extra 100$ or so over Chippewa's

Old 09-03-2009, 08:13 AM
Legalcarry
Cruiser

Originally Posted by dub976
no, most are made here in the states still. At least the work boot. they do use imported parts tho. I just bought another pair 2 weeks ago. they still have made in the usa tag on them.
That's good to hear. When I was looking for my engineer boots a few years ago, I scoured the internet and I couldn't find any, other than one pair (at a local Redwing store) that still had a made in U.S.A. label. I thought it was just their "motorcycle" engineer boots that were being outsourced overseas. But, if Redwing has decided to keep the quality, and have all of them made in American again, great!!

Old 09-03-2009, 11:34 AM
09tail'
Novice

I've had the same pair of Redwing engineer boots for over five years and wear them everywhere!

Old 09-03-2009, 12:02 PM
BlackSpecial
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've got these. Just got 'em broke in.

http://www.bootbarn.com/itemview/vie...ed/All/All/All

If I could afford 'em, I'd go Wesco. They're just up the road from me. Great boot!

https://www.westcoastshoe.com/wesco/

Last edited by BlackSpecial; 09-03-2009 at 12:05 PM.

Quick Reply: BOOTS Chippewa Engineer vs redwings engineer