Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

i need more experience, slip-on or strait exhast

Old 08-10-2009, 02:40 PM
td
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up i need more experience, slip-on or strait exhast

first off i like to thank all the people, that replyed to my (WOULD YOU BUY A ROCKER)thread. That was great imformation. You guys gave me insight that i would not have thought about because i have only been riding for 3 years. So if anyone cares i am getting the rocker. this goes to my next question about the rocker. The dealer told me to get the slip on python exhaust instead of the strait drag pipes. The slip on are just about as loud and cheaper. Is he right and then whats the diffence between the two.

P.S. I LIKE LOUD AND ANNOYING.

Old 08-11-2009, 08:35 AM
bubbleb
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by td
first off i like to thank all the people, that replyed to my (WOULD YOU BUY A ROCKER)thread. That was great imformation. You guys gave me insight that i would not have thought about because i have only been riding for 3 years. So if anyone cares i am getting the rocker. this goes to my next question about the rocker. The dealer told me to get the slip on python exhaust instead of the strait drag pipes. The slip on are just about as loud and cheaper. Is he right and then whats the diffence between the two.

P.S. I LIKE LOUD AND ANNOYING.
the drag pipes wont have baffles, which the motor needs to run efficiently. you dont have to get slip ons though, you can find full systems with baffles. then youll have the drag pipe look, but you wont lose your low end torque!! I know RUSH and V&H make them. some others probably do to. keep them stock til you do your research. imo

Old 08-11-2009, 08:56 AM
Chazmanian
R.I.P. BROTHER
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Look at the offerings from the fine folks at Vance and Hines for a full offering of attractive pipes that are loud as fvck!!!

IMO you buy slip ons? You'll be buying twice. Get the full meal deal now so you dont spend yer' hard earned dough twice. You wont be happy with slip ons after seeing and hearing guys with good pipes. Betcha they wouldnt last ya' 6 months before you were buying a full set!!

E-Bay is your friend on stuff like pipes as well.

Look to drop $400-$600 and be done with it.

Betcha you would be digging these:http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/New-V...=p4506.c0.m245

Word on the street is that these make killer power...Oh yeah. They are louder than fvck too!:http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BASSA...=p4506.c0.m245

Rocker isnt the bike to try and cheap out on. The thing is way too fvcking sexy for bulshatting about.

Plate. Step up to it Playah!!

Old 08-11-2009, 10:02 AM
cruisinmann
Road Warrior
Received 1,807 Likes on 627 Posts

put vance & hines BSS on they were loud but not as deep tone as I wanted ,took the baffles out and put big city thunder baffles in nice deep tone still loud but not as offensive.I put the qq's in and set them 6" up the pipe.

Then I tried cutting the vance and hines baffels down to 5" and put them in behind the big city baffles didn't do much took a little off but I didn't like the tone change so I pulled them back out.

The sound I have now is great, deep but when you hit it they know your coming

Old 08-11-2009, 11:02 AM
Rocker-Mike
Cruiser

When I bought my Rocker they didn't have a whole lot of options. The dealer sold me the Rush slip-ons and I have been happy with them. If I didn't have these, I would get the Vance & Hines Big Radius 2 into 2 or 2 into 1. Most of the people have the 2 into 2 on the Rocker.

Old 08-11-2009, 04:12 PM
2001 Softail Deuce
Advanced

I'm looking at the Vance & Hines Big Radius 2 into 2 for my Softail Deuce. does anyone know if they have an annoying sound or the deep "Harley" sound? I don't what to buy the high dollar pipes only to have to replace the baffles later to get the deep sound I want. I have SE II on new with no baffles, came with the bike.

Old 08-11-2009, 04:46 PM
austinharley
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There are lots of videos on YouTube where you can check out the sound, such as this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h89KRAZNJEs
And this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfdCI...eature=related