Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: A poll
Wild 1 12.5 Apes 502
48.00%
Wild 1 FLSTC Beach Bar 504
32.00%
Wild 1 Road King 2 Beach Bar 518
20.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Which Handle Bars

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2006, 01:01 AM
Softbutt
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Handle Bars

So, Ive made my mind up. I wanna change handlebars when I have my chrome front end put on. I cant make up my mind!

All 3 have there advantages and disadvantages. For example: if I went with the 504 I would have the cost of new cables.

Voice your opinons!!!!!

For those who do have the apes, can you still use your windshield? And does $199.00 should inline for all cables????

Old 06-15-2006, 09:25 AM
rick
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Which Handle Bars

I love the apes 12.5 chubby's.Have'nt tried a windshield but i'm sure it can be adapted.Did have to change the cables, i believe i went 6" over.

Old 06-15-2006, 11:08 AM
cleanimages
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the 12.5 and the braided cables. yes, the windshield fits perfectly. The bars look great, very comfortable, and get a lot of compliments.

Old 06-15-2006, 09:59 PM
Softbutt
Tourer

bump

Old 06-16-2006, 01:25 AM
mcpastor
Tourer

I was looking at HD bars, such as the chrome RK that hides the wires, or narrow beach bars, until I saw this post. I'd heard of Wild 1 Chubbies, and didn't know what the big deal was. I think a real advantage is you don't have to buy a new risers to fit the bar.

Now I'm looking at either the 518 RK II, or the 508 RK because I think they come back to the rider so you don't have to lean forward. I'm wondering if any of you have pics of these on your bikes, and which ones are most comfortable for you. I'm about 5'10".

Old 06-16-2006, 11:12 AM
Softbutt
Tourer

Go to wild 1 website. They have several customer photos. Thats how I have narrowed my choice to 3 bars....

ORIGINAL: mcpastor

I was looking at HD bars, such as the chrome RK that hides the wires, or narrow beach bars, until I saw this post. I'd heard of Wild 1 Chubbies, and didn't know what the big deal was. I think a real advantage is you don't have to buy a new risers to fit the bar.

Now I'm looking at either the 518 RK II, or the 508 RK because I think they come back to the rider so you don't have to lean forward. I'm wondering if any of you have pics of these on your bikes, and which ones are most comfortable for you. I'm about 5'10".

Old 06-16-2006, 04:51 PM
mcpastor
Tourer

This I have done, and I've narrowed it down to RK 508, RK II 518, and Beach bar 504. I'm thinking RK II 518 will be the ticket becasue it appears to be between the two. I've seen the pics, and all the bars look good. Next, I think I'll get some flexible wire or gas tubing and bend into shape according to specs to get an idea of feel.

ORIGINAL: Softbutt

Go to wild 1 website. They have several customer photos. Thats how I have narrowed my choice to 3 bars....

ORIGINAL: mcpastor

Old 06-16-2006, 05:11 PM
haksaw
Road Master

i've got 10" apes on my deluxe and they wouldn't work with the windshield (unless I pulled them back....which looked funny imho) I put some spacers on the windshield mount so the top would be further from the bars. Worked pretty good.

I had wild 1 apes and didn't like them because they were so wide apart. I bought some on ebay that were closer to 36" wide or so instead of 40" like wild 1. I got a sharp pain between my shoulder blades with the wider bars.

Wild 1 makes killer stuff tho. No problem with the quality.

My rides are usually of the longer type so it's comfort before style (both if it works)

Old 06-17-2006, 11:32 AM
miguel
Novice

were is the best place for cable kits,I'm planing on the 12.5 apes I guess braided lines is the way to go.

Old 06-17-2006, 04:25 PM
blown alcohol
Road Captain
Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts

I chose the 504's. I like the low fat look they give the bike. I have the 1 piece handlebar mount. Do you have the chrome handlebar controls?

[IMG]local://upfiles/3608/5AEAC6F683D64D059024C38F141EE43E.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Which Handle Bars