Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fatboy w/Z-Bars

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2009, 09:06 AM
HoggyMtnBreakdown
Elite HDF Member
Received 119 Likes on 87 Posts
Default Fatboy w/Z-Bars

I'm trying to decide between chubby 16" z-bars or regular 16" chubby apes on my fatty, but I've never seen, let alone ridden one with z-bars. Anybody got a picture of one and/or their own Fatboy w/z-bars? To me, z-bars seem to be a customization left to choppers, but I somehow think my bike would look pretty cool with them. I just can't get an image in my head of what it would look like. So, pictures anyone?

Also, any opinions on comfort? The 16" z-bars are narrower than the regular apes, so how does that effect riding comfort?

Old 10-25-2009, 01:12 PM
lanceo70
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I might be alone here...but I think a fatty would look cool with z-bars. Of course I like everything that is out of the norm..I would like to see some pics too.

Old 10-27-2009, 07:03 AM
tk353
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i saw one at the local dealer and i liked it

Old 10-27-2009, 11:18 AM
cryan9
Road Captain

Originally Posted by HoggyMtnBreakdown
I'm trying to decide between chubby 16" z-bars or regular 16" chubby apes on my fatty, but I've never seen, let alone ridden one with z-bars. Anybody got a picture of one and/or their own Fatboy w/z-bars? To me, z-bars seem to be a customization left to choppers, but I somehow think my bike would look pretty cool with them. I just can't get an image in my head of what it would look like. So, pictures anyone?

Also, any opinions on comfort? The 16" z-bars are narrower than the regular apes, so how does that effect riding comfort?
There is a guy on here that had some on a Rocker. I like them and I am thinking about putting some black ones on my Train. American Classic Motors sells them and so does Debrix Cycles.

Old 10-27-2009, 02:55 PM
Dixie Dreg
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

mine aren't Zbars, but they are close. I don't know how tall you are but I am 6' , any less sweep would cause me to have to lean forward.

Old 10-27-2009, 03:06 PM
DyNaBoB
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A guy on here had em on his rocker, but i think they broke, may not be as strong as normal bent ones......just a thought

Old 10-27-2009, 04:05 PM
cryan9
Road Captain

Originally Posted by DyNaBoB
A guy on here had em on his rocker, but i think they broke, may not be as strong as normal bent ones......just a thought

Yeah that's the guy I was talking about. He got them from American Classic motors. He had them on for a year then they broke. Don't know the circumstances. I still like them.

Old 10-27-2009, 04:12 PM
rubiconMike
Road Captain

IMO I think the 16" chubby apes would look better.

Old 10-27-2009, 07:55 PM
zer0t
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I saw a Fatboy at a bike night with z-bars and it was the $hit. I thought it looked awesome

Old 10-28-2009, 07:30 AM
HoggyMtnBreakdown
Elite HDF Member
Received 119 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by DyNaBoB
That's one of the things that worries me. Since they have welded joints, they only as strong as the welds (which, depending on who or what welded them, may not be very strong). I would hate to have one fail on me at any speed.

Anyway, thanks for the input, so far. I still would like to see a pic of one with z-bars, though.

Quick Reply: Fatboy w/Z-Bars