Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Opinions on Hog Pro Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2014, 02:15 PM
YABIGZEB
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

take caution, my son ordered 2 sets ( $7400.00 total ) and a year later the chrome started the peel off. after several phone calls was told sorry we can't help you, we no longer carry that model. the rotors were also warped and again was told sorry, they are a one piece rotor and tend to get overheated easier than a 2 piece. now they did offer to replace the rotors with another brand for $165.00 per rotor BUT, they were one peice rotors as well. so my feelings are they are just looking to make the initial sale and good luck when you run into problems. bottom line i will NEVER use them again.

Old 08-19-2014, 03:13 PM
YABIGZEB
2nd Gear

Hog Pro Wheels, take caution when dealing with these guys. i see several post on how great they are but my experience was far different. purchased 2 sets of wheels, rotors, tires and pulley to the tune of $7000.00 plus. after a year the rotors were warped, they stated that due to them beina one piece rotor they tend to heat up faster and warp. now they did offer to replace them with differenent rotors at their cost of $165.00 ( found the SAME rotor on line for $69.00 ) BUT the big kicker was they were one peice rotors as well, REALLY GUYS.... but the bigger picture was the chrome started to peel from one of the wheels and they WILL NOT stand behind the product that they sold. called me back stating that they would have the wheel re-chromed for $285.00 plus shipping both ways. I found a company that will re-chrome the wheel and give me a 5 year unlimited warranty for $187.00 plus shipping one way. bottom line Hog Pro blows.

Old 08-19-2014, 03:37 PM
DynaJ
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by YABIGZEB
Hog Pro Wheels, take caution when dealing with these guys. i see several post on how great they are but my experience was far different. purchased 2 sets of wheels, rotors, tires and pulley to the tune of $7000.00 plus. after a year the rotors were warped, they stated that due to them beina one piece rotor they tend to heat up faster and warp. now they did offer to replace them with differenent rotors at their cost of $165.00 ( found the SAME rotor on line for $69.00 ) BUT the big kicker was they were one peice rotors as well, REALLY GUYS.... but the bigger picture was the chrome started to peel from one of the wheels and they WILL NOT stand behind the product that they sold. called me back stating that they would have the wheel re-chromed for $285.00 plus shipping both ways. I found a company that will re-chrome the wheel and give me a 5 year unlimited warranty for $187.00 plus shipping one way. bottom line Hog Pro blows.
First off your a clown...come into these forums with 4 posts and start hacking on a verified true contributor to these forums and PLENTY of happy customers. I simply call BS to your claims and I'm sure 99% of the guys on here will. They have stood behind every purchase I have made. Period. Go back to the moped forums and run your mouth MORON...Damn thread was 5 years old...Not only that but when you "found" your one piece rotor was a special cut just like your wheels? And futher more if you wanted to pony up the cash they will cut any wheel you want.

Last edited by DynaJ; 08-19-2014 at 03:42 PM. Reason: add
Old 08-20-2014, 01:21 PM
YABIGZEB
2nd Gear

glad to hear that you've had good service with them and wish you well in the future. you can call BS all you want but FACTS are FACTS and opinions are also for each of us, you like the guys, i don't bottom line.

Old 08-20-2014, 05:10 PM
Hogpro
Former Sponsor
Received 45 Likes on 43 Posts

Well, if you order my brand wheel (HogPro) not another brand that has gone out of business (Rampage Wheels) I will always take care of any chrome issues for 5 long years. It seems when people feel treated unfairly they post up. So be it.

I cannot warranty an item that I did not manufacture as that is not the way that this industry works. I did offer to get the wheel rechromed at my cost but that was not good enough for the customer. I am sorry we were unable to meet your needs.

If I buy a McDonalds hamburger, take a bite and find a piece of styrofoam, and take it back to burger king asking for another burger they are going to tell me to go to McDonalds.

The unfortunate part of this situation is that the gentleman who owned Rampage wheels passed away several years ago and the name got passed around to a few different people, none of whom I knew or was willing to deal with.

I apologize for this situation and understand your frustration. If I owned the company it may have been handled differently, however i do not own the company.

Old 08-20-2014, 05:22 PM
OKMICK
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 36,875 Likes on 17,362 Posts

Is it me or did yabigzeb conveniently forget to mention the wheels he purchased were not hogpro or am I misunderstanding hogpro's response?

Old 08-20-2014, 05:31 PM
Hogpro
Former Sponsor
Received 45 Likes on 43 Posts

Occasionally the assumption is made that if I sell a product that I warranty every itme the same. However, different brand wheels are warrantied via the manufacturer and each company has different policies. Our HogPro brand chrome wheels have a 5 year chrome warranty which is rarely needed, but when and if it is the warranty is honored.

That being said, if I sell an RC Components brand wheel it will be warrantied by them for their warranty period and such with each different company.

Regardless, this is a bad situation from the customers perspective but I am not what the chrome warranty was for Rampage as we had stopped selling their product shortly after I started here due to the death of the owner.

Let's say that their warranty was only 1 year on chrome then it would still not be warrantied as the wheels were bought back in 2012. So, it is what it is.

i will say that I will take time out from everything else that I have to do in order to figure out cost for a rechrome, return shipping, etc for a customer as that is they kind of business that we run. We are still here after the sale.

Does that mean every customer is always going to be happy? Probably not as anyone who has ever worked in sales knows some people cannot be pleased with a pleasing pole. Once again, I feel for you, the customer who feel you got screwed.

I am sure if I were in your shoes I'd be upset as well. I wish you well.

Old 08-20-2014, 06:01 PM
Warp Factor
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 87 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by Hogpro
Well, if you order my brand wheel (HogPro) not another brand that has gone out of business (Rampage Wheels) I will always take care of any chrome issues for 5 long years. It seems when people feel treated unfairly they post up. So be it.

I cannot warranty an item that I did not manufacture as that is not the way that this industry works.
Which of the wheels you sell do you actually manufacture?
Did you sell Rampage wheels at some point?

Last edited by Warp Factor; 08-20-2014 at 06:05 PM.
Old 08-20-2014, 06:15 PM
Forge
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Wow

At that price point I think I would have at least gone for a re-chrome...even if I wasn't happy. Better than having rusted wheels sitting in the garage. Then again I can't afford wheels at that price. To rich for my blood. I def would have asked about the warranty.

Old 08-20-2014, 06:22 PM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,269 Likes on 1,975 Posts

Originally Posted by Hogpro
Occasionally the assumption is made that if I sell a product that I warranty every itme the same. However, different brand wheels are warrantied via the manufacturer and each company has different policies. Our HogPro brand chrome wheels have a 5 year chrome warranty which is rarely needed, but when and if it is the warranty is honored.

That being said, if I sell an RC Components brand wheel it will be warrantied by them for their warranty period and such with each different company.

Regardless, this is a bad situation from the customers perspective but I am not what the chrome warranty was for Rampage as we had stopped selling their product shortly after I started here due to the death of the owner.

Let's say that their warranty was only 1 year on chrome then it would still not be warrantied as the wheels were bought back in 2012. So, it is what it is.

i will say that I will take time out from everything else that I have to do in order to figure out cost for a rechrome, return shipping, etc for a customer as that is they kind of business that we run. We are still here after the sale.

Does that mean every customer is always going to be happy? Probably not as anyone who has ever worked in sales knows some people cannot be pleased with a pleasing pole. Once again, I feel for you, the customer who feel you got screwed.

I am sure if I were in your shoes I'd be upset as well. I wish you well.
I'm old enough and I've also been around the block a time or two to fully understand what you are saying. You've been on this forum for almost as long as I have and your word has always been good. Sad to say, some don't understand the basic things that you are trying to get across.

Quick Reply: Opinions on Hog Pro Wheels