Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power Commander 02 Eliminator questions.

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2011, 03:55 PM
Twillis
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Power Commander 02 Eliminator questions.

I have a 2007 FXST with Vance and Hines BSS pipes. I just installed a Screamin' Eagle Air Cleaner Kit on it and found a good deal on a used PCIII USB on eBay that came off of a 2007 FXST. Before I bid on the PC, I e-mailed the seller to see if it had the O2 Sensor Eliminators with it, as I thought I would need them. He confirmed that it came with them, so I bid on and won the auction. Well, it just came in the mail and there are no 02 Sensors, just the plugs for the exhaust 02 holes. Aren't I going to need the eliminators for this thing to function correctly? I see you can buy them from Dynojet, but I feel it's the seller's responsibility to provide them. What do you all think?

Old 01-29-2011, 04:35 PM
BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Use the plugs for your pipes and rip out the O2 censors.. The O2 sensors are just dead weight now. No need for them. I have a 09' Deluxe/PC-V and my pipes are plugged and O2 censors have been removed.

My local HD dealer did this to my bike. When running Power Commanders there is no need for O2 sensors. Good Luck.

Old 01-29-2011, 04:57 PM
Twillis
Cruiser

In the directions of the PCIII, it says to unplug the 02 Sensors from the wiring harness and plug the 02 Eliminators into the stock harness. If I don't plug anything into the harness, do I run the risk of any Trouble Codes, etc.? I was assuming that the elimators plugged in to give a certain resistance instead of just an open circuit coming from the harness. So with the PCIII I can just unplug them?

Old 01-29-2011, 05:32 PM
Malingerer
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Twillis
In the directions of the PCIII, it says to unplug the 02 Sensors from the wiring harness and plug the 02 Eliminators into the stock harness. If I don't plug anything into the harness, do I run the risk of any Trouble Codes, etc.? I was assuming that the elimators plugged in to give a certain resistance instead of just an open circuit coming from the harness. So with the PCIII I can just unplug them?
You assumed correct you will need the o2 eliminators.The seller most likely thought the bung plugs were the o2 eliminators .Especially if he did not install it himself.They are what you described little plugs that you plug into the factory harness to to fool the ECM that the o2 sensors are still there.

Old 01-29-2011, 05:59 PM
BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
Outstanding HDF Member

Last edited by BLKnCHRME09Deluxe; 01-29-2011 at 06:02 PM.
Old 01-29-2011, 06:01 PM
BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
Outstanding HDF Member
Old 01-29-2011, 06:20 PM
Mike NY
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Note to self:

Always ask the seller for pictures of exactly what you are getting....

Some sellers don't always understand the details of what they got and describe it wrong...

Email the guy and see if he has what your looking for....

If not Dynojet sells them:

http://www.powercommander.com/powerc...ent_parts.aspx

Mike.

Last edited by Mike NY; 01-29-2011 at 06:31 PM.
Old 01-29-2011, 06:31 PM
Twillis
Cruiser

Sent an e-mail to the seller just now. Hope he has them or can help buy them. They are $18 apiece through Dynojet.

Old 01-29-2011, 09:28 PM
06 flstfise
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A picture would be helpful. But if you got two little black rubber covered pieces those just plug onto the end of the wire (after you unplug it from the sensor on the pipe) then tuck them up out of the way and you are done. Either leave the sensors in the pipe or remove and plug the pipe. The little black pieces are what "fools" the ecm to thinking it is still hooked to a closed loop system. I have read this a few times and can not figure out what you may have got instead of those. If you did get something else sorry for the wrong explanation.

The pieces I am talking about are in the top center of the pics of this one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PC3-U...Q5fAccessories

Old 01-29-2011, 09:32 PM
Twillis
Cruiser

I didn't get the 2 little plug-in black pieces. I am going to have to purchase some. What I did get in the kit were 2 plugs for filling the holes left when you remove the O2 Sensors. Is there anywhere better for ordering these eliminators than direct from Dynojet? Thanks for all the input, guys.

Quick Reply: Power Commander 02 Eliminator questions.