Deluxe with Beach bars?? - Harley Davidson Forums



Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by: Phat Performance's

Deluxe with Beach bars??

Reply
 
 
 
P
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 12-02-2009, 12:26 PM
ronyd's Avatar
ronyd ronyd is offline
Road Master
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 852
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Deluxe with Beach bars??

Thinking of switching out my Wild1 Chubby 504s with the Wild1 Beach 550 with more pullback.

I could go with stock risers, or replace with Wild1 1-1/2" risers to get a nice clean flow with the gas tank. Definitely would look ol'school.

But, my concern is:
1. how would handling be with hands that low?
2. comfortable?
3. my reach when backing into tight space. With the bars fully turned wither way, will I still have both hands on bars?
4. STUPID IDEA TO CHANGE. Just go with normal riser height with say a RK 508 or 518 bar with more pullback??


Any thoughts?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-02-2009, 12:59 PM
Arv's Avatar
Arv Arv is offline
Road Captain
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Hertfordshire UK
Posts: 536
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

My personal opinion is they look awsome with full length beach bars, as a certain add says "Just do it"
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-02-2009, 02:56 PM
BLKnCHRME09Deluxe's Avatar
BLKnCHRME09Deluxe BLKnCHRME09Deluxe is offline
Outstanding HDF Member
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: kansas city,mo
Posts: 2,827
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Ckeck out Burly Brand beachbars..They have a better bend than the Chubby bars and are also wider. Only minus i have with beachbars is the "sail in the wind affect" shaken at around 70+ mph. My bars are slammed downward though. Maybe this doesn't happen with bars raised a little. Bars are comfortable. And i know this shake is from the extra wide bars. Because when i ride with only one hand i get no shake at all.

Deluxe with Beach bars??-09deluxe09-055.jpg

Last edited by BLKnCHRME09Deluxe; 12-02-2009 at 03:05 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-02-2009, 03:35 PM
hazel's Avatar
hazel hazel is offline
New Member
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bavaria, Germany
Posts: 28
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I got the 504s on my Deluxe, too, my husband has got the 550s on his Road King. They look awesome, he wouldn´t want to have anything else, they are comfortable, no problem in tight turns. But, as said before, they give a bike the "killer look". I´ve also ridden the RK with the beach bars (I´m really a small lady), no problem. Here´s what they look like on the RK:
Attached Thumbnails
Deluxe with Beach bars??-dsc03826.jpg  

Last edited by hazel; 12-02-2009 at 03:42 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-02-2009, 03:39 PM
hazel's Avatar
hazel hazel is offline
New Member
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bavaria, Germany
Posts: 28
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Sorry, attachment didn´t work. Let me try again ...
Deluxe with Beach bars??-dsc03831_2.jpg
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-02-2009, 03:40 PM
BLKnCHRME09Deluxe's Avatar
BLKnCHRME09Deluxe BLKnCHRME09Deluxe is offline
Outstanding HDF Member
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: kansas city,mo
Posts: 2,827
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazel View Post
I got the 504s on my Deluxe, too, my husband has got the 550s on his Road King. They look awesome, he wouldn´t want to have anything else, they are comfortable, no problem in tight turns. But, as said before, they give a bike the "killer look". I´ve also ridden the RK with the beach bars (I´m really a small lady), no problem. Here´s what they look like on the RK:

Attachment 81430
link doesn't work ....i would like to see the king...plz


update ...SWEET BIKE!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-02-2009, 04:23 PM
TedMan's Avatar
TedMan TedMan is offline
Road Master
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,211
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

+1

Had them on my Deluxe and they were great, very comfy. Only issue, which is really no biggie, is cranking the bars all the way over on a tight U-turn. They hit my legs, but I wouldn't let that consideration get in the way.

TedMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKnCHRME09Deluxe View Post
Ckeck out Burly Brand beachbars..They have a better bend than the Chubby bars and are also wider. Only minus i have with beachbars is the "sail in the wind affect" shaken at around 70+ mph. My bars are slammed downward though. Maybe this doesn't happen with bars raised a little. Bars are comfortable. And i know this shake is from the extra wide bars. Because when i ride with only one hand i get no shake at all.

Attachment 81423
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-02-2009, 05:18 PM
OS_DELUXE's Avatar
OS_DELUXE OS_DELUXE is offline
Road Captain
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Califas
Posts: 594
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronyd View Post
Thinking of switching out my Wild1 Chubby 504s with the Wild1 Beach 550 with more pullback.

I could go with stock risers, or replace with Wild1 1-1/2" risers to get a nice clean flow with the gas tank. Definitely would look ol'school.

But, my concern is:
1. how would handling be with hands that low?
2. comfortable?
3. my reach when backing into tight space. With the bars fully turned wither way, will I still have both hands on bars?
4. STUPID IDEA TO CHANGE. Just go with normal riser height with say a RK 508 or 518 bar with more pullback??


Any thoughts?
I have Burly Brand Beach Bars on my Deluxe.
38.5" wide - 15.75" Pull back - 2.875" Height
1) Handling is great
2) The ride is very comfortable.
3) I'm 5' 8" and have no reach issues
4) Changing out the stock bars is the most common modification made I think. The choice is up to you.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-02-2009, 05:25 PM
jimmers1817 jimmers1817 is offline
Ultimate HDF Member
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 6,975
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Guess it's an individual thing but I know I wouldn't be comfortable doing any mileage with beach bars. My hands are most comfortable a few inches above horizontal.

If I had to choose between the 508 or the 517 I'd go with the 517 simply because they have less of a wheelbarrow effect. They both have it but you gotta get the pb somehow.........and unless you go to apes you're going to have to increase the wrist angle.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-02-2009, 06:28 PM
tripwire759's Avatar
tripwire759 tripwire759 is offline
Road Master
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 1,238
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

I went with Baron's Big Johnsons and have the same effect that Black and Chrome does. Sail in the wind, seems worse when behind another vehicle but not to the point where I'm worried or second thoughts. Mine are 38 inhes wide and is not that bad making tight turns. I went with them because of the wrist grip was just right for me.
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
P
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Risers or new bars? ctwith3 Softail Models 8 07-24-2016 08:30 PM
Wild1 Outlawz bars, riser, grips for sale Derik Motorcycle Parts For Sale-Misc. Parts 0 03-11-2016 03:51 PM
Pullback Tbars FloridaDyna Dyna Glide Models 0 09-13-2015 10:43 AM
10' Chubby question Havic08 Softail Models 5 03-21-2013 12:00 PM
Need some handlebar opinions nkauf21 Dyna Glide Models 18 11-24-2010 09:44 PM


Tags
ape, bars, beach, boy, burly, custom, davidson, deluxe, fat, handlebars, harley, hd, model, softail, youtube

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:24 PM.