Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Super Glide Custom vs Fatboy

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 11:03 PM
Bonzo27524
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I got a 2010 Fat Boy Lo in Black Demin and love the way it rides and looks don't know of another Harley that I would own at this time

Old 12-04-2009, 11:45 AM
heatstroke
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010

fatboy was my choice

Attached Thumbnails Super Glide Custom vs Fatboy-054.jpg  
Old 12-04-2009, 02:58 PM
Grizzbare
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have both a 08 FXDC and a 09 FLSTF. I like them both for different reasons. 2 UP, or for distance the Fatty. if I am going to do a day ride through some twisties The FXDC. I also bought my son a Iron883 for his commuter / daily rider. The Dyna gives you a bit of shake due to the motor mount etc and smooths out at rpms, my son rides it on distance trips with me on the fatty. He has ridden all 3, and will be getting a fatty this spring. These days I only take the Dyna out to keep the fluids cruising through it, or for a day of more aggresive riding. my 2 cents for what it is worth .... I like the rest suggest a demo days at a dealer, where you can ride em all.... I tried a bagger last time, and still prefer my fatty.......

Attached Thumbnails Super Glide Custom vs Fatboy-105-cda.jpg   Super Glide Custom vs Fatboy-fb-cda.jpg  
Old 12-05-2009, 09:03 PM
av8or
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I think it depends on the type of riding your going to do. If your going to take some trips on the bike and/or ride 2 up, you'll like the FatBoy better. I've done 4 and 5 hundred mile days on my Fatty 2up without an issue. I don't think the dyna would be near as comfortable.

Old 12-06-2009, 02:31 AM
gforrest2
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just wondering.....this is the Softail forum so you know what the general opinion is going to be. I'm sure you posted the same question in the Dyna forum.....do they lean towards the Dyna? My .02? Pro. - the counterbalanced engine in the Softails. If they won't let you ride one (and up here in the Seattle area, they want you to take the bikes out) at least have them start each up. The 96B - smooth. The 96 - jumping out of the frame (although at speed, they smooth out). Previous comments were that the Dynas are more nimble. Yea, but c'mon. If you want nimble and quick, you wouldn't be buying a Harley now would you. Again, just my .02. I'm not knocking Dynas. The Streetbob looks like a fun bike for puttin' around town.

Old 12-06-2009, 03:36 AM
cptdenny
Road Warrior

Received 59 Likes on 39 Posts

I own a 2009 Super Glide Custom and a '06 Gold Wing. The Super Glide gives you more bang for the buck, no question there. I installed the Mustang Vintage seat both front and rear, so comfort isn't an issue. Then again if you truly want the most comfortable bike it wouldn't be a Harley anyway.

I use my Super Glide as a lane splitter, though illegal here in FL. The Super Glide is about 50 lbs lighter than a Fatty and seems to be quicker and far more agile than the Fatty as well. The Super Glide gives you a kick in the pants in acceleration in stock form that isn't quite there on a Fatty.

One does get the heel toe shifter, floor boards and solid rims with tubeless tires with the Fatty so that's a plus in my book. Another plus for the Fatty its a tad smoother running than the Super Glide. One con would be riding the Fatty in summer, that oil tank with HOT oil is right under one's butt.

A plus for the Super Glide is that the rider and passenger doesn't get anywhere as hot as a Fatty in traffic in summer.

Now you're the only one that knows which bike will be best for you. You need to test ride both to finally decide. Our opinions on both sides are biased due to what we end up owning in the end.

Presently low mileage, one year old Super Glide Customs are being discounted heavy on ebay. Best of luck and let us know what you finally chose to get.

Old 12-06-2009, 11:43 AM
shooker
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I've ridin all kinds of bikes over the years the fatty's the best all around. My 2 cents.

Old 12-07-2009, 11:49 AM
09heritagerider
Road Captain

I would go with a Fatboy Lo...

Old 12-07-2009, 12:11 PM
DECON BLUE
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

Go test ride both and then mabee you will be able to decide. At the softtail forum it is going to be a little bias.

Old 12-07-2009, 07:37 PM
Nick1
Road Captain

rode both, very diff. WG- quick and nimble lots of torque; FB- smooooth and steady-balanced. FB for me very soon I hope.

Quick Reply: Super Glide Custom vs Fatboy