Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Side Mount Roto-Jr./Tribal Plate hole Cover

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 05:38 PM
NewfieRocker
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Side Mount Roto-Jr./Tribal Plate hole Cover

I have to say I like 'Speedsnice' set-up SO MUCH i copied his ideas and added them to my own bike. So first and for most I would like to thank him for his creation and acknowledge that I used his Set up. I have attached some pics for all to have a look at. It's the Willie G license plate bolt in one of my fender holes and the Kuryakyn Tribal plate (#3159) covering the other 3 holes. Then I have the Roto-Plate Jr. and LED frame from www.topdownproducts.com It's all installed however the electrical is going to have to wait till tomorrow when it warms a little. My garage is not heated so while the wire looming Was working the the electrical tape was Not! Plate LED wiring is routed nicely so it's gonna look real Clean.
Have a look at the images and let me know what ya think.

Cheers
NewfieRocker

Attached Thumbnails Side Mount Roto-Jr./Tribal Plate hole Cover-roto.jpg   Side Mount Roto-Jr./Tribal Plate hole Cover-roto2.jpg   Side Mount Roto-Jr./Tribal Plate hole Cover-img_1050.jpg   Side Mount Roto-Jr./Tribal Plate hole Cover-img_1060.jpg  
Old 12-16-2009, 06:23 PM
Dieselhed
Cruiser

That's killer. I like it!

Old 12-17-2009, 06:31 PM
Dennis@TopDownProducts
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by NewfieRocker
I have to say I like 'Speedsnice' set-up SO MUCH i copied his ideas and added them to my own bike. So first and for most I would like to thank him for his creation and acknowledge that I used his Set up. I have attached some pics for all to have a look at. It's the Willie G license plate bolt in one of my fender holes and the Kuryakyn Tribal plate (#3159) covering the other 3 holes. Then I have the Roto-Plate Jr. and LED frame from www.topdownproducts.com It's all installed however the electrical is going to have to wait till tomorrow when it warms a little. My garage is not heated so while the wire looming Was working the the electrical tape was Not! Plate LED wiring is routed nicely so it's gonna look real Clean.
Have a look at the images and let me know what ya think.

Cheers
NewfieRocker
I may be a little bit biased, but I like it! I especially like how creative you guys get with covering up the old holes on the fender. Hummm, is there any interest in having a place to go for custom designed fender art/covers. Maybe we could custom make or offer an assortment of cover-ups specifically for you Rockers! Thoughts?

Your Loyal Servant,
Dennis
dennis.sauro@topdownproducts.com
www.topdownproducts.com

Old 12-17-2009, 07:16 PM
DragonSlayer08
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Dennis@TopDownProducts
I may be a little bit biased, but I like it! I especially like how creative you guys get with covering up the old holes on the fender. Hummm, is there any interest in having a place to go for custom designed fender art/covers. Maybe we could custom make or offer an assortment of cover-ups specifically for you Rockers! Thoughts?

Your Loyal Servant,
Dennis
www.topdownproducts.com
Hey Dennis, I think it would be a great idea to offer both, 1) custom made covers, and 2) An assortment of covers.

Old 12-17-2009, 08:43 PM
WARG
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Looks great! Dennis, don't just do them for the Rockers. The Fatty guys might like'em to.

Old 12-17-2009, 08:51 PM
NewfieRocker
Cruiser

Great Idea Dennis!! I can tell you that the Kuryakyn plate that i used is a plastic Chrome plated product and while esthetically it looks great, as a buyer I would be driven next time to buy a machined or milled metal plate cover as you really can tell the difference in the quality of Metal Vs. Plastic. Plastic doesn't even sound Kewl!!....

As for the Side Mount Roto, I had to have a sheet metal shop trim my plate significantly as the Cycle plates in Newfoundland are huge. I did manage to get the plate in and I am very impressed with the set-up. I'm especially glad I went with the LED plate cover. Tonight I finished the wiring and installed and secured the wire looming, clean and beautiful!!
I will post a couple of pics the weekend of the finished License plate modification for your viewing and use if you like.

Cheers and Thanks
NewfieRocker

Old 12-18-2009, 05:43 AM
kanunski
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Dennis@TopDownProducts

Your Loyal Servant,
Dennis
www.topdownproducts.com
Hi Dennis, I definitely think you should, you should also put together an axle cover for the offside, the stock harley one is the size of a house and I don't really want to buy a pair of heartland rear axle covers when I only need one, they are a great size but i'm sure you could come up with something rocking.

I'm loving my roto-plate junior and get comments where ever I go

Kan

Last edited by kanunski; 12-18-2009 at 05:46 AM.
Old 12-18-2009, 06:56 AM
Dennis@TopDownProducts
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by NewfieRocker
Great Idea Dennis!! I can tell you that the Kuryakyn plate that i used is a plastic Chrome plated product and while esthetically it looks great, as a buyer I would be driven next time to buy a machined or milled metal plate cover as you really can tell the difference in the quality of Metal Vs. Plastic. Plastic doesn't even sound Kewl!!....

As for the Side Mount Roto, I had to have a sheet metal shop trim my plate significantly as the Cycle plates in Newfoundland are huge. I did manage to get the plate in and I am very impressed with the set-up. I'm especially glad I went with the LED plate cover. Tonight I finished the wiring and installed and secured the wire looming, clean and beautiful!!
I will post a couple of pics the weekend of the finished License plate modification for your viewing and use if you like.

Cheers and Thanks
NewfieRocker
Glad to hear you're happy with the Roto-Plate product and the end result. Can't wait for some pictures. We need to add more to our website, so get me some good ones and I will have them uploaded to our customer gallery.

I agree 100%, there is nothing that can come close to the look and feel of metal and as for Chrome plating, the plastic stuff looks fine for a little while, but then quickly looses it's luster!

Ok, now that a few of you guys have pulled off your rear brake light, I could use your help in getting the fit just right. Any volunteers to help with mounting hole locations and fender contour info?

On a final note, I want to thank everyone for all the awesome support and product feedback you guys have been giving! This has been an excellent experience over the last 5 months since first hooking into this forum!

Oh, yeah...in case you know of someone looking at or thinking of buying a Roto-Plate or Jr, we are running a Year End Sale 20% OFF and FREE Shipping! Check out the "Vendor Classifieds"

Thanks.
Have a Safe and Happy Holidays!
Dennis

Attached Thumbnails Side Mount Roto-Jr./Tribal Plate hole Cover-product_array-for-web.jpg  
Old 12-18-2009, 06:53 PM
NewfieRocker
Cruiser

I would love to get you some measurements for the hole locations, Etc....
Not sure how I would measure fender contour but I can tell you the Kuryakyn plate doesn't exactly flush mount to the fender surface which was dissappointing. When I pushed on the plate and the adhesive would stick and then I would hear the snap of the release....
Could you possible give me some details of the measurements you would require.
Oh, and I do Agree with you, there is nothing quite like the look and feel of metal!!
Cheers
NewfieRocker

I will get some vivid snaps of the finished Roto-Jr. tomorrow.

Old 12-18-2009, 06:55 PM
NewfieRocker
Cruiser

Dennis be sure to let me know if there is a tool or something I can purchase to help in determining accurate fender contour.

NR