Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Accel SLM Module?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 12:23 AM
Hawaii-Five-Jo
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Question Accel SLM Module?

Whats up everyone, I'm thinking of running the Accel SLM Module with a stage II Big Sucker and and my current V&H BR 2into1 pipe. Has anyone used the Accel SLM? If you did, what is you thoughts of it? I like the idea that its "self-learning". Any is welcomed

Old 01-21-2010, 05:21 AM
superglide kevin
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just finished installing my new pipes air cleaner and an slm module. Unfortunately the bike kept flooding the front cylinder when I tried to start it. It started fine when I unplugged the slm. I'm going to try to talk to somebody at accel today and see if I can figure out what's wrong. I'll post any developments under my stage 1 underway thread.

Old 01-21-2010, 06:05 AM
superglide kevin
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by superglide kevin
I just finished installing my new pipes air cleaner and an slm module. Unfortunately the bike kept flooding the front cylinder when I tried to start it. It started fine when I unplugged the slm. I'm going to try to talk to somebody at accel today and see if I can figure out what's wrong. I'll post any developments under my stage 1 underway thread.
Scratch that. I just went back to the garage and decided to double check my work. It seems I bent a pin in the connector for the crank position sensor. Now it starts no problem and seems to be running good. It's winter here and theres snow on the road so I can't take it for a ride and tell you exactly how good but if I get a chance I will post some feedback. I can tell you that other than me bending that pin over the install was fairly straight forward. It's pretty much plug and play except for the power wire which needs to be spliced into a wire coming from the factory ECM. They give you the number of the port that it's coming from and a description of the wire (white and black wire). I found the ground wire a bit short to connect directly to the negative battery post so I spliced a piece to make it longer. So far I'm happy with the slm.