Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jockey shift with hydraulic hand clutch

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 06:49 PM
Constant
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jockey shift with hydraulic hand clutch

Just curious if anyone knows where I can find a jockey shifter with a hydraulic hand clutch on it. I'm not a wrench yet by any stretch of the imagination so unfortunately building it myself is not an option( in my defense I am currently taking a course on engines and I'm considering getting certified). Just to make sure I'm asking for help on the right thing, I'm looking for jockey shifter with a hydraulic hand clutch on it so that I don't have to operate a foot clutch as I feel way more comfortable being able to put two feet down if I need to when I stop. Thanks for any help guys.

Old 01-21-2010, 06:51 PM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 12,220 Likes on 4,770 Posts

Any competent wrench should be able to throw one together for you. There are several Hyd clutch set ups out there. you can usually find them on ebay. Good luck

Old 01-21-2010, 06:54 PM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 12,220 Likes on 4,770 Posts

I might have read your post wrong. Are you looking for a jockey with a hyd hand clutch attached to the shift lever? If so I think that might not be something that anyone sells. Thinking about it I don't even know where you would begin in fabing something like that up as the fluid reservoir would have to be on the shift handle itself.

Old 01-21-2010, 07:22 PM
Tx_Outlaw
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The resevoir would have to be made to open on top. I haven't seen anything like this. Why not run a cable clutch with this set-up? I've considered changing my foot-clutch to a hydraulic. ?Mainly because I can clean up the look.

Old 01-21-2010, 07:27 PM
Lundee
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I'm not baggin dude, but it seems way safer havin both hands on the wheel. Think about it when you take off sometimes you wobble around. I ride w/ a jockey it seems safer anyway. Having said that no I've never heard of a hydraulic set up. A cable actuated one would be fairly simple to build.

Old 01-21-2010, 07:32 PM
story808
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

A jockey.... behind your leg, right? I see tank shifter with hand clutches on them but never a jockey? I'd rather have 2 hands on the bars when letting out my foot clutch... Then only one hand on the bars?

Last edited by story808; 01-21-2010 at 07:35 PM.
Old 01-21-2010, 09:37 PM
Tx_Outlaw
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The last time I took off with 2 hands on my bars was with the standard shift and hand clutch. I like slammin thru the gears! LOL! Those quick take-offa are a blast with one hand on the bars and one on the shifter.....

Old 01-21-2010, 09:57 PM
story808
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I'd be 2nd as soon as I left the light if I was hanging on to the shifter... lol and I may need a rodeo clown...

Old 01-21-2010, 10:15 PM
TRacer
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Constant
I'm looking for jockey shifter with a hydraulic hand clutch on it so that I don't have to operate a foot clutch as I feel way more comfortable being able to put two feet down if I need to when I stop.
If you like using both feet, it really isn't too much effort to slide the bike into neutral and coast to a stop. I for one would highly recommend rethinking your approach and going the foot clutch route instead; if you are hesitant with the idea you may want to consider a rocker clutch (which has a friction disk to hold the heel & toe pedal in place) instead of a suicide ("car style") clutch like the LaBriola.

Attached Thumbnails Jockey shift with hydraulic hand clutch-1209091459.jpg  
Old 01-22-2010, 09:28 AM
Ole Coyote
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Whats the problem with foot clutches? You worried about falling over. Take a chance with falling over and after a few weeks of chitting your pants at lights and stop signs you'll get over it. Trust me, no hand clutch.

Quick Reply: Jockey shift with hydraulic hand clutch