Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exile Cycles Horn Relocation Kit

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2010, 08:04 AM
WARG
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Exile Cycles Horn Relocation Kit

Anyone used this kit? I am wanting to move my horn so I can move my coil to the horn location.

Old 01-23-2010, 12:43 PM
lanceo70
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was actually interested in that part also. But I also wanted to buy their coil relocation kit so you couldn't see the coil either. I called them and each kit runs $99.00...but that is far as I got.

Old 01-23-2010, 01:19 PM
gambueller1
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Kit?!?!?!

Come on "mang" (as our good buddy Chaz would have said) this forum offers too much knowledge to get that done MUCH cheaper than that. And then in the end you can feel good about what YOU created and made "custom".

For the amount of money you are going to spend, I say "get in the zone" and pick up some black and yellow 16-18 guage wire. Find some spot on the bike you can put it that it is out of the way (fender guard near the shocks possibly or some other unobstructed yet obscure out of the way place) and find a way to mount it there. Cut, splice and run the wires and be done with it. That is exactly what I did on my standard, bet I didn't spend more than $15.00 bucks all together cause I found the wire in one of my boxes, somewhere, used a soldiering gun with some heat shrink covers.. and wa-la... ....

I then got on this here forum, did some search and found a few coil relocation threads, and used the advice here to fab up a bracket and do my own thing (used a dremel and a piece o' 10" by 16" sheet metal from the Home Depot). I apologize for not providing the specific forum threads in a link that you can just click on, but there is ENTIRELY TOO much of a knowledge base here to spend that sort of coin to do something you can come up with yourself. I recon, I spent a few bucks on beer and hung out in the garage a little longer than my ol' lady woulda liked, but it was fun to clean the cobb webbs outa my gray matter and do it myself.

Sorry for the rant, but I think with a little creative juices and a few bucks you can do your own thing.......

Last edited by gambueller1; 01-23-2010 at 01:23 PM.
Old 01-23-2010, 01:46 PM
jcmer22
Tourer

Originally Posted by WARG
Anyone used this kit? I am wanting to move my horn so I can move my coil to the horn location.
i have the exile horn and coil relocation and granted, you can "fab" up something on your own, they give you everything you need and you do not need to cut or splice anything for the horn, they give you a new smaller buell horn and the coil relocation brakets are very very heavy duty and its all set up ready to go. where they put the components is tested and you have the piece of mind knowing it will work well. i suggest using there products its well worth it.

Old 01-23-2010, 04:48 PM
neocontra
Banned

Originally Posted by jcmer22
i have the exile horn and coil relocation and granted, you can "fab" up something on your own, they give you everything you need and you do not need to cut or splice anything for the horn, they give you a new smaller buell horn and the coil relocation brakets are very very heavy duty and its all set up ready to go. where they put the components is tested and you have the piece of mind knowing it will work well. i suggest using there products its well worth it.

hey I'm very interested in getting these 2 kits. How was the install? Did you have to remove the rear tire or tank or both? Any info would be appreciated...

Old 01-23-2010, 05:39 PM
boosteddelslow
Tourer

I was thinking of doing this but I was just going to delete the horn. I dont think I have ever used it.

Old 01-23-2010, 05:50 PM
niczumbo
Road Master

1.i moved my new mini chrome horn(bought on fleabay,all kinds to chose from there) to the front downtubes and spliced wires to connect it(soldered,with shrink tubing and black elec tape)simple and it looks good.2.next i modded the seat post bracket to fit inside the modded horn cover bracket and placed the coil inside, lengthened the wires to the coil(again solder, shrink tube elect tape) bought new plug wires from USKOOLINES and there you go total cost was less than 50 bucks and took about 2 hours, in the last pic on the rite you can see part of the horn just above the clutch cable clamp

Attached Thumbnails Exile Cycles Horn Relocation Kit-mvc-233f.jpg   Exile Cycles Horn Relocation Kit-mvc-234f.jpg   Exile Cycles Horn Relocation Kit-mvc-229f.jpg   Exile Cycles Horn Relocation Kit-mvc-230f.jpg  
Old 01-23-2010, 06:37 PM
VTwin-Goodies
Sponsor
Received 1,930 Likes on 1,914 Posts

Any pics of this kit? niczumbo, I need pics of your horn relocation, I don't see it in the images above.

Old 01-23-2010, 08:11 PM
gambueller1
Cruiser

Warg.........

Sorry, it seems as though the "do-it yourself" option wasn't the idea. I apologize for trying to assist you in using this forum as just another tool to assist you in gathering information to make a sound decision on the exile kit.

guess some people get a little butt hurt cause they dropped a few hun on some "heavy duty ready to go" kits as opposed to making your own, as I know that is truly the information you were trying to assertain.

Just trying to help a brutha out as to me it seems in these times in this economy we truly will be our own demise b/c inginuity and inspiration can be bought off a shelf. But hey no sweat off me, I got mine done and can rest well at night knowing it won't fall off whilst driving down the road.......

Later days and bueller ways..........

Old 01-23-2010, 08:44 PM
WARG
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I actually haven't ruled out fabing one up myself...just exploring all options. Thanks for the help everyone.

Last edited by WARG; 01-23-2010 at 08:47 PM.

Quick Reply: Exile Cycles Horn Relocation Kit