Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have a Corbin WidowMaker on their Custom?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 03:39 PM
Z06_Pilot
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have a Corbin WidowMaker on their Custom?

Hi folks,

I am looking at this seat as i really like the integrated driver's backrest as oppossed to the Kuryakyn aftermarket back rest I currently use.

One of the best features of the Custom is the incredible comfort of the stock seat.

anyone who has this seat, do you like it? is it as comfortable on long rides as the stock seat?

Corbin tells me it sits you a little lower and further back than stock. did you notice a drastic difference in seat position?

thanks very much for the info.

Jeff

Old 02-18-2010, 04:35 PM
Chaw
4th Gear

Hi Jeff,
I don't have info on that particular seat but I just wanted to say be careful dealing with Corbin. I ordered a Gun Fighter and Lady seat for my bike. I was on the website as I was talking to the salesperson and we walked thru what I wanted and I ordered it up. It took FOREVER to get it. When I finally did it had a rough leather covering on it when I had ordered the smooth leather. When I called to tell them they said they stopped covering with the smooth leather. I asked if I could send it back and they said no because it was a special order. It was supposed to be a black leather seat, very run of the mill and nothing special about it. No I have a $500 seat that I think looks like sh$t. Just saying, for what it worth, I'd be wary of ever dealing with them again.

Old 02-18-2010, 10:24 PM
Z06_Pilot
Tourer

well that is certainly disheartening. I have researched on the web and found numerous examples of terrible service. seems like the only way you can guarantee they do a good job is make an appointment to take your bike to their showroom and have them make the seat from scratch and mount it on your bike.

mail order seems to be the biggest problem-incorrect coverings, ill-fitting seats due to bad molds, customer service that is non-responsive....

makes me think twice before giving them $800 of my money, but wow that seat looks hot!