Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need dimensions of Softail Deluxe Saddlebag guards, help!!

Old 02-20-2010, 12:34 PM
studiopeg
Road Warrior
Received 62 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Need dimensions of Softail Deluxe Saddlebag guards, help!!

Neither the on-line description not the parts department is able to tell me the dimensions of Harley's Softail Deluxe rear saddlebag guards, part # 49360-08

I have after-market hard bags (Tsukayu strong bags) and need to know if these saddlebag guards will protect them.

Does anyone have these installed? Can someone tell me how far from the motorcycle (where it bolts) they stick out? I can't believe there are no dimensions listed!!

Thank you, Peg

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US

Old 02-24-2010, 06:32 AM
leslieschwartz
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Peg:

I don't have the answer to your question, but I have a 2006 Deluxe and am trying to decide between purchasing the Tsukayu Strong or Coner bags. I have seen pictures on Tsukayu website of a Deluxe with the Coner bags, but have not seen a Deluxe with the Strong Bags. Do you have pictures of your bike with the Strong Bags on it? Can you please post or send me pictures? Thanks. Leslie

Old 02-24-2010, 07:36 AM
jcd15
Cruiser

I purchased bags from hogdeluxe.com awesome looking.No gaps and very well constructed . might want to check out the site easily installed and on/off is a snap ..

Old 02-25-2010, 06:58 AM
studiopeg
Road Warrior

Hi Leslie,

I bought the bags unpainted, and they have been at the painters the entire winter. I probably won't have them back until April. So I don't have any pics of them yet. I'll post something when I get them back.

Originally Posted by leslieschwartz
Hi Peg:

I don't have the answer to your question, but I have a 2006 Deluxe and am trying to decide between purchasing the Tsukayu Strong or Coner bags. I have seen pictures on Tsukayu website of a Deluxe with the Coner bags, but have not seen a Deluxe with the Strong Bags. Do you have pictures of your bike with the Strong Bags on it? Can you please post or send me pictures? Thanks. Leslie

Old 02-25-2010, 10:49 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

I have a set of the guards sitting here going to waste. I bought them for my 2002. I'llk get some measurements when I get a chance. If I forget PM me and I'll get it done.

Old 02-25-2010, 11:56 AM
jimmers1817
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

8 5/8" from outside of swingarm to outside of saddlebag guard or 10 1/2" from chrome fender mount to outside of guard.

That's on an 08 Deluxe

Old 02-26-2010, 01:32 PM
studiopeg
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by jimmers1817
8 5/8" from outside of swingarm to outside of saddlebag guard or 10 1/2" from chrome fender mount to outside of guard.

That's on an 08 Deluxe
Thanks, just what I needed! That was great of you. Now I will have to get the strong bag dimensions, plus the length of the bolts, plus the width of the ghost brackets, and see if all that is less than 10.5"

Old 02-26-2010, 08:27 PM
Trucky911
Road Warrior

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

Wife's 09 deluxe is close to jimmers. As close as I can eye ball the tape measure. Over 10" on top and under 10" on the bottom...

Trucky911

Old 06-23-2010, 09:46 AM
studiopeg
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by leslieschwartz
Hi Peg:

Finally got the bags on. Here you go:

Old 06-23-2010, 05:44 PM
autobred
Advanced

Originally Posted by studiopeg
Neither the on-line description not the parts department is able to tell me the dimensions of Harley's Softail Deluxe rear saddlebag guards, part # 49360-08

I have after-market hard bags (Tsukayu strong bags) and need to know if these saddlebag guards will protect them.

Does anyone have these installed? Can someone tell me how far from the motorcycle (where it bolts) they stick out? I can't believe there are no dimensions listed!!

Thank you, Peg

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US
these are the guards that are exactly you spec out.. I have leatherworks 110X bags and the guards seems to do the job. If I could do it over again I wouldve bought the heritage softail guards. hope these pics help

Attached Thumbnails Need dimensions of Softail Deluxe Saddlebag guards, help!!-003.jpg   Need dimensions of Softail Deluxe Saddlebag guards, help!!-solo-up.jpg   Need dimensions of Softail Deluxe Saddlebag guards, help!!-110x-classics.jpg  

Last edited by autobred; 06-23-2010 at 05:50 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Need dimensions of Softail Deluxe Saddlebag guards, help!!