Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HarleyGoodies Floorboard Extension Review Thread For Softails.

Old 03-31-2010, 09:52 PM
road-king
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I installed a set of these on my 06 Heritage Springer. Easy install and GREAT results. I have very short pipes that generate a lot of heat. (I've burned my legs a few times and my pants have [almost] caught fire), so I thought this would be a good solution to aid in my pants not "flapping" against the pipes. Not only did it help with the burning, but I got the added bonus of comfort for my long legs.

I just bought a set for my new 2010 RoadGlide.

P.S. - I also recommend using an exhaust wrap to help reduce heat on your pipes

Old 04-07-2010, 05:57 AM
gunner065
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After reading all the good reviews of the extensions, I decided to order up a set while off the coast of Haiti. When the wife said they came in, I could hardly wait to install them. You don't have to be a wrench to install them either. A quick and easy install. I'm only 5'6" and the added extension moved my feet to a more comfortable/natural riding position. Originally I was a little skeptical of just the amount of the extension, but not anymore. Well worth the small investment. Oh and seeing that I live North of the border, I usually have to pay custom fees, but Tom put down the value of the extensions as $0 without being asked, hence no fees. Thanks a lot Tom.

Old 04-07-2010, 12:58 PM
nikonf8
Supporter
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Default extensions

I have had the extensions on my deluxe for two seasons now and they are great. legs are wider apart and this ads more comfort they are worth the money

Old 04-07-2010, 02:27 PM
baldheadjim
6th Gear

I am a tall rider 6'8" and the stock boards on my 08 FLSTC make me feel cramped as my knees are almost to the front of the tank. Will the extensions move boards forward and out? will brake and shifter have to be extended?

Old 04-07-2010, 04:23 PM
VTwin-Goodies
Sponsor
Received 1,930 Likes on 1,914 Posts

Originally Posted by baldheadjim
I am a tall rider 6'8" and the stock boards on my 08 FLSTC make me feel cramped as my knees are almost to the front of the tank. Will the extensions move boards forward and out? will brake and shifter have to be extended?
Man... 6'8" - Well, my extensions will give you more for sure. I would recommend thtat you first try the extensions. With just the extensions you will not need to replace your brake or shift levers.

If you still need more room you can try the Harley Extended Floorboard Pans - Part 50409-04 ($80) - with these you might need different shift and brake levers.

I hope this helps you.

Thanks,
Tom
HarleyGoodies
626-253-2022

Old 04-08-2010, 02:13 PM
baldheadjim
6th Gear

Originally Posted by HarleyGoodies
Man... 6'8" - Well, my extensions will give you more for sure. I would recommend thtat you first try the extensions. With just the extensions you will not need to replace your brake or shift levers.

If you still need more room you can try the Harley Extended Floorboard Pans - Part 50409-04 ($80) - with these you might need different shift and brake levers.

I hope this helps you.
Thanks,
Tom
HarleyGoodies
626-253-2022

Thanks!!!

Old 04-13-2010, 07:43 PM
slowrollin
Road Master
Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts

I put these on my 2010 Heritage and I really liked the position of my legs afterwards. it was really comfortable. However, I took them off because I didn't like how hard it was for me to get my foot into position to put the kick stand up. I had to lift the board and move all the way up on the tank to reach the stand good. It got kind of annoying for me. Other than that, they work great.

Old 04-14-2010, 12:34 PM
Double3
Tourer

Got them last year and couldn't imagine riding without them now. Along with the Mark III cruise arms they are awesome.

Only bad thing is when I ordered them I didn't realize I could get a discount being a member here.

Old 04-17-2010, 09:35 PM
dwiehr
4th Gear

Mine arrived in the mail today. They are great! I upgraded both the brake pedal and shift levers to the E-Z brake parts and moving the boards out added the finishing touch to having foot room on my floorboards. Well worth the money!

Old 04-19-2010, 09:19 AM
drmike
3rd Gear

I have a 2007 Softail Custom, FXSTC. Will they fit my bike?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: HarleyGoodies Floorboard Extension Review Thread For Softails.