Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HarleyGoodies Floorboard Extension Review Thread For Softails.

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2014, 08:02 AM
hattitude
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,409 Likes on 4,015 Posts

Originally Posted by Doug S
Definately scrape more, its simple geometry and nothing agressive is needed to have it happen. Mine can scrape turning out of my driveway and it's flat. Great product and the guy running the company is awsome to deal with...

Ds
Damn... kinda what I suspected, but thinking I gotta try them it to see if it's too much scraping for me...

Old 05-21-2014, 08:41 AM
KumaRide
Elite HDF Member
Received 185 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by Doug S
Definately scrape more, its simple geometry and nothing agressive is needed to have it happen. Mine can scrape turning out of my driveway and it's flat. Great product and the guy running the company is awsome to deal with...

Ds
+1. Took mine off right away. More comfortable though.

Originally Posted by hattitude
Damn... kinda what I suspected, but thinking I gotta try them it to see if it's too much scraping for me...
Definitely try em.

Old 01-30-2015, 08:22 PM
grayjoe
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am also really thinking about picking these extensions up. But I have two questions.

1. Is the hardware (screws,bolts,etc) different from one another. Is it very noticeable?

2. While installed and with the highway bars on...can you still extend your feet or does the bar get in the way.

I've read that some guys rest their feet on the highway pegs and heels on the boards, but what if you don't have highway pegs?

Thanks.

Old 01-31-2015, 07:51 AM
cocky
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 152 Likes on 124 Posts

I ran across this thread and have been thinking about buying these, but after reading all 26 pages (duh), I did not see where anyone has satisfactually addressed the jiffy stand needing an extension issue for shorter riders. Could someone that has these on a softail please tell me if its truly a problem or not. Thanks in advance.

Old 01-31-2015, 11:52 AM
harleyheaven
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by grayjoe
I am also really thinking about picking these extensions up. But I have two questions.

1. Is the hardware (screws,bolts,etc) different from one another. Is it very noticeable?

2. While installed and with the highway bars on...can you still extend your feet or does the bar get in the way.

I've read that some guys rest their feet on the highway pegs and heels on the boards, but what if you don't have highway pegs?

Thanks.
Depends on which model you are asking about? The hardware is polished stainless steel. Looks great and will hold up (not rust). The "chrome" version which is polished stainless steels (not sure about all models) will will go perfect with the ss hardware and the black version will have ss hardware so it will look different?

You may or may not be able to rest your feet on the pages and heels on the boards depending on the model bars you have and setup. I have the Kuryakyn Mark III Cruise Arms that mount to the boards. I'm vertically challenged so this is perfect for me. My heel sit on the boards and my feet on the pegs.

The setup is different between the bike make and model, the model of any accessories, the setup of the accessories, the height and weight of the rider, and rider preference. These are all subjective questions that can only be answered if all parameters are exactly the same. I love these extensions on my bike and consider them one of the best things I've done for comfort. I assumed the extensions would not be any use to me because of my height but I was wrong. Moving them out this little bit helped tremendously.

Originally Posted by cocky
I ran across this thread and have been thinking about buying these, but after reading all 26 pages (duh), I did not see where anyone has satisfactually addressed the jiffy stand needing an extension issue for shorter riders. Could someone that has these on a softail please tell me if its truly a problem or not. Thanks in advance.
If you are asking if a jiffy extension is needed to reach the stand? Depends on the make, model and setup? I'm 5' 6" and my 05 Fatboy needed nothing and the floorboard extensions really had no effect on jiffy stand operation. The foot goes under the floorboards for jiffy stand operation. The boards being set out another inch or so had little to no effect. Understand my jiffy stand is shorter than standard due to being lowered. This slightly alters the parameters. This may not be the case for other makes/ models, and setups? The only way to know is find someone the same or very similar and ask. Post all you parameters here. There is enough riders on this forum the odds are someone will be real close. Hope this helps.

Old 01-31-2015, 12:04 PM
cpc0812
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by cocky
I have them on my deluxe. Im 5'4" and it did make a difference for me reaching the stand. I have to really stretch to get it but it can be done. At times it can be a PIA. But they are comfortable and helps to keep your right foot off the exhaust.

Old 01-31-2015, 02:33 PM
aviator
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I've put them on my last 3 bikes, 2 Fat Boys and a Road King. I also use the HD extended reach floorpans. gives me plenty of foot room. does not interfere with the engine guard.