Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rinehart by Bub Fuel Maps

Old 03-20-2010, 01:15 AM
pattabor
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rinehart by Bub Fuel Maps

I have a 2008 Softail Custom with the 2 into 2 Rinehart by Bub exhaust and the Arlen Ness Stage 1 intake with the fuelpak and only 6000 miles on the motor. I can not find any fuel maps for my exhaust, I am using one for the V&H big shots staggard and the bike runs great but starting it is another issue. When I start it, not every time but almost, it blows back through the intake bad enough to blow oil all over the place and sometimes it just grinds the starter. I did not have this problem until I added the fuelpak. I know, change to the PCIII but before you all start telling me that let me finish my story. I started with the PCIII and they do not have fuel maps for this exhaust, customer support told me they do not and he told me to run a map for the closest exhaust possible which after researching I found that V&H Big Shots staggard was the closest I could find. The problem I had with the PCIII was that the bike overheated all the time, lots of decel popping and overall a bad loss in performance and fuel milage. Enough of that so it came off and I put the Thunder Max auto tune. Yea, same problem with no fuel maps but being auto tune no big deal I though. WRONG, it ran good at first on cold days but as it warmed up outside it started to run like crap. The TM tuned itself to almost perfect but then kept on tunning until it went to crap. Overheating, no power, running like its has a bad miss and fuel went down and if I got 70 miles out of 5 gallons of gas I was doing great, soo off came the TM and on went the Fuel Pak. With the fuel pak, the bike runs the best that it has out of using all 3 systems but it has the starting issue I expained earlier, does anyone have a clue what I could do next to try to fix it?
By the way, Im in Okinawa Japan so going to the local HD Dealer dont work, we have very few Harley mechanics on the island and no one here seems to have any answers.

Old 03-20-2010, 09:51 AM
SoftailDon
Cruiser

Did you try getting one at www.fuelpakfi.com ?
If all else fails send them an e-mail and they will send what you need.

Old 03-20-2010, 09:24 PM
pattabor
Intermediate

already tried that a couple of times, they never email me back.

Old 03-21-2010, 09:30 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Call Vance and Hines and they will give you new setting for the fuelpak. Calling is the best way to get answers fast.

Old 03-23-2010, 07:38 AM
pattabor
Intermediate

they told me another map that didnt do better than the one I am using. The one they told me ran ok but in 3rd gear if I get on the gas the bike falls on its face and then takes off like a bat out of hell, kinda fun but scary at the same time.

Old 03-23-2010, 12:09 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Dyno time then.

Old 03-24-2010, 08:09 AM
pattabor
Intermediate

I wish! No dyno here.. I love Okinawa but this is not a place for Harley's, if I had a sport bike or a scooter than I would be golden! If I could get my problems fixed on island I would be happy but I cant, thats why I am reaching out to anyone that can help??
oh yea, the guy at fuelpak told me to throw my pipes away and get a set of V&H today on the phone, how many of you guys would throw away a set of pipes that cost you $900.00??

Last edited by pattabor; 03-24-2010 at 08:12 AM.
Old 03-30-2010, 08:08 AM
pattabor
Intermediate

Im thinking about trying the new PCV with auto tune from fuelmoto, any opinions??

Old 04-01-2010, 07:18 AM
pattabor
Intermediate

WOW! No opinions??
I have read alot of good things about the new PCV, a couple of bad ones too. Is this thing fairly easy to learn and use or are the instructions in greek (not for dummies)? I know nothing about air/fuel ratios and what is good or bad. The TM came with a 150 page manual on the disc and I could never figre any of it out. Any help or links to other posts about the PCV would e helpful??