Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ghost Brackets

Old 03-23-2010, 07:30 AM
DaSham58
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ghost Brackets

I am going to get the Ghost Saddle Bag Brackets for my 09 Heritage FLSTC anyone have them and how do you like them?

Old 03-23-2010, 09:01 AM
Silver Fox
Club Member
Received 44 Likes on 26 Posts

I have Easy Brackets (basically the same). They work very well, only takes a second to put them on or take them off.

Old 03-23-2010, 09:31 AM
DeLuxeLady
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I had the Easy Brackets on my VStar and loved them. The only issue I ever had was the locking tab would sometimes get ever so slightly bent out of shape and make them hard to put on/remove (only when I was in a rush) and I would just stick a screwdriver in there and straighten it out.

Old 03-23-2010, 09:43 AM
DaSham58
Tourer

I found the Ghost Brackets for $142.00 shipped.

Old 03-26-2010, 08:25 AM
DaSham58
Tourer

My ghost Brackets will be here today I was wondering about how far out from the finder will this put the saddle bags on my Heritage I have seen on some bikes it looks like it puts the bags a good distance from the finder. I sure hope not! I don't want to look like one of those BMW bikes going down the road,

Old 03-26-2010, 09:06 AM
jrr
Cruiser

Originally Posted by DaSham58
My ghost Brackets will be here today I was wondering about how far out from the finder will this put the saddle bags on my Heritage I have seen on some bikes it looks like it puts the bags a good distance from the finder. I sure hope not! I don't want to look like one of those BMW bikes going down the road,
I am thinking the same thing, don't want the bags sticking out too much...but I want quick release. Let us know when you put them on (maybe with a picture from the rear showing how much they stick out and at what angle). Thanks

Old 03-26-2010, 09:54 AM
KumaRide
Elite HDF Member
Received 185 Likes on 146 Posts

They will stick out, ~1 1/2" more? If you have detachable sissy bar, they stick out more. May bother you at first, then its no big deal because they are not on the bike all the time. For me, sticking out is worth having removable, lockable bags. Bags will last a lot longer if they are on the bike only when needed. Can be removed when cleaning the bike, removing rear tire, carry bags into motel room... detach bags is the only way to go. If your bike looks like a bmw - you have other issues!! jk

Old 03-26-2010, 10:56 AM
DaSham58
Tourer

Originally Posted by jrr
I am thinking the same thing, don't want the bags sticking out too much...but I want quick release. Let us know when you put them on (maybe with a picture from the rear showing how much they stick out and at what angle). Thanks
As soon as they get here and get them installed which should be today I will post some pictures. I have already got the bags off and ready to go! just sitting here waiting for Buster Brown.

Old 03-26-2010, 09:51 PM
DaSham58
Tourer

I got the brackets today and the 2 studs that go into the finder is to long and to close to the tire. I am going to have to go tomorrow and get shorter ones and how do I get the 2 top bolts to go through the holes on the sliders and the top of the bag the heads on the bolts is to big to go through the cut out where it hooks to the 2 studs the they slide over and lock?

Old 03-26-2010, 10:53 PM
KumaRide
Elite HDF Member
Received 185 Likes on 146 Posts

I cut 1/4" off each of the center strut bolts.

Not sure what your other thing is. Never had problems with ez brackets, accept the bolts were too close to the tire for my taste.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ghost Brackets