Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear mount kickstand?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 08:39 AM
Mr Wasabi
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear mount kickstand?

I'm trying to find some info on installing a rear mount kickstand on my 2007 Deuce. Where can I get one? Is it a hard install? Any other things to consider with going to a rear mount?

Thanks for any input.

Old 03-28-2010, 08:58 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Ness makes one. The install is 2 bolts. I cna get if for you at a discount if you like. Get the part nubmer and I'll price it out.

Old 03-28-2010, 08:59 AM
rubiconMike
Road Captain

Very easy install. And I love mine.

Old 03-28-2010, 09:34 AM
Mr Wasabi
Cruiser

Thanks for the replies,

I'll call Ness tomorrow to see which one I want/need. I plan on putting some Progressive 422s on and lowering it at least an inch also if that matters. I think this may be the one I need though:
http://www.jpcycles.com/search/Produ...results=10&Nao

Old 03-28-2010, 10:20 AM
rubiconMike
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Mr Wasabi
Thanks for the replies,

I'll call Ness tomorrow to see which one I want/need. I plan on putting some Progressive 422s on and lowering it at least an inch also if that matters. I think this may be the one I need though:
http://www.jpcycles.com/search/Produ...results=10&Nao
Ness makes teliscopic that is adjustable.

Old 03-28-2010, 10:25 AM
FL DEUCE
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why do you to mount that kickstand on your Deuce when it isn't needed when you lower the bike?

Old 03-28-2010, 11:20 AM
Mr Wasabi
Cruiser

I just think it looks cleaner moved to the the rear. Might be easier to get to as well (short legs here). I guess the downside is that AFAIK, it doesn't lock. There's a guy here (can't remember who) that has one mounted on his Deuce. Here's the pic. To whoever owns this Deuce, nice job, it looks great.

Attached Thumbnails Rear mount kickstand?-image-1.php.jpg  
Old 03-28-2010, 12:37 PM
rubiconMike
Road Captain

I just think it looks cleaner moved to the the rear. Might be easier to get to as well (short legs here). I guess the downside is that AFAIK, it doesn't lock. There's a guy here (can't remember who) that has one mounted on his Deuce. Here's the pic. To whoever owns this Deuce, nice job, it looks great.
+1 on looks cleaner and easier to get to.

They lock but not like the jiffy stand does. They do hold their position just fine. I've parked my bike many times on downward an upward slopes and have never had a problem. I was skeptical in the begging but I have plenty of confidence in it now.

Old 03-28-2010, 01:37 PM
1sssickdeuce
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Mr. W.
Thanks for the compliment... yes this is my deuce and i have the ness telescopic kickstand and it's way easier to get to. I first thought my side mount plate holder would be in the way, but no.. worked out perfect. Here's a closer pic of the kickstand......

Old 03-28-2010, 01:56 PM
Mr Wasabi
Cruiser

Originally Posted by 1sssickdeuce
Mr. W.
Thanks for the compliment... yes this is my deuce and i have the ness telescopic kickstand and it's way easier to get to. I first thought my side mount plate holder would be in the way, but no.. worked out perfect. Here's a closer pic of the kickstand......
Yeah man, that's it. You have one bad *** looking Deuce. Thanks for the other pic and input. I'll be ordering one this week. That's good news about being easier to get to. Any downsides or issues with it to consider? I'm going with a vertical plate mount also but mine is a Kuryakyn swingarm mounted one so I should be good to go.

Thanks again.

Quick Reply: Rear mount kickstand?