Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Softail Baggers Only...Pics please

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2014, 09:27 AM
flsoftail
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by peg20
How does that differ from a Street Glide?
-I hold the title. Bagged it on a budget used parts.
-Better ride. Lower seat height.
-Better seat selection. Have 8.
-Balanced engine 95" 100hp. No unnecessary shaking going on with rubber mounts.
-I like the FLHX style, point is to be different or just go buy one and be like the rest of the population who can't even change their own oil or service their bike. The FLHX owners will think this is just another one like theirs, but a hardcore Softail owner will know the difference.

Bike has previously been through the leather bags/windshield stage, but that is just a stock Heritage.

Old 08-08-2014, 11:06 AM
peg20
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by flsoftail
-I hold the title. Bagged it on a budget used parts.
I'm just wondering how much the cost compares to just buying a SG in the first place.

-Better ride. Lower seat height.
What do you mean by better? Do you mean softer? I believe SGs corner better than our softails.

-Balanced engine 95" 100hp. No unnecessary shaking going on with rubber mounts.
I agree with you there. I live in London so whilst riding in town have a lot of low speed/idling. I couldn't cope with all that shaking so hence went for a softy myself.

-I like the FLHX style, point is to be different or just go buy one and be like the rest of the population who can't even change their own oil or service their bike. The FLHX owners will think this is just another one like theirs, but a hardcore Softail owner will know the difference.
I don't think I understand that. So you want to make it look just a SG but don't want it to actually be one because THAT would be copying?

Bike has previously been through the leather bags/windshield stage, but that is just a stock Heritage.
Ah, just a change of style, then? I get you. I've only had mine about 15mo and I've already played with bobbed fender/stretched fender, straight/ape bars etc. (at least on photoshop and pricing it all up etc.)

Not trying to critise or have a go. (This is the softy bagger thread after all!) But just geuinely wondering if there is a benefit to building a SG lookalike on a softail chassis, that's all.

Looks good

Old 08-08-2014, 04:10 PM
Bones77
Road Captain

Originally Posted by 07 deluxe
I'm not crazy about bags that don't come down and take up the space between the pipe and the bag. I know that price is always a big consideration but look at the boss bag and leather pro sites. If nothing else there are a lot of photos to check out. The charger bag fit looks like the stock bags on a deluxe. If you like it, go with it. It's your bike and you have to like it. I like the look of bigger bags, such as the heritage bags compared to deluxe bags. Just my opinion though.

Most definitely. Think the stock Deluxe bags are the one thing HD screwed up on the deluxe. The CVO bags are a bit better. The stock bags also have absolutely NO room in them. Just a bit better than a glove box. Had a chance to go with Springer style bags and I screwed up by not doing so.

Bones.

Old 08-08-2014, 08:07 PM
Sleeko
Stellar HDF Member
Received 76 Likes on 51 Posts
Talking

Au contraire. To each his own and all that but I think the stock bags are beautiful and add to the flow of the bike. They don't hide the fact that you're riding a softail and if you're a heavy packer like I'm not, you can always run a bag on the sissy bar.

Name:  100_2008_zps3cefa6e1.jpg
Views: 598
Size:  135.8 KB

Name:  0ff655ab-611a-4eef-9975-b1b82d36cd47_zps718fdc44.jpg
Views: 592
Size:  160.4 KB

These right here are some small bags and I never hear anybody bitchin' about them like they do the Deluxe bags. Don't be a Size Queen already. LoL

Last edited by Sleeko; 08-09-2014 at 05:17 PM.
Old 08-11-2014, 02:19 PM
The Wine Guy
3rd Gear
Default Here is a 2008 deluxe

Cams, flowed heads. Bub 7 true dual. 117 HP 1580 watt sound system. 26 inch front wheel. 5 degree cut and rake..bad dad bags and fender.Shotgun air shocks: Photo bucket: http://s1369.photobucket.com/user/Cr...?sort=6&page=1

Old 08-11-2014, 07:13 PM
mswmn
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With Bags...

Name:  heritage21912009.jpg
Views: 621
Size:  90.6 KB

Without Bags...

Name:  20140710_102407_zpsf1f9afe4.jpg
Views: 648
Size:  163.9 KB

Old 08-23-2014, 08:50 PM
Rayskik
6th Gear

After reading & seeing all these hot looking fat baggers. I ordered a Reckless fairing & leather Road King bags with cycle vision tail mounts..... I'll post pics as progress continues

Old 09-04-2014, 09:45 PM
Knuckles73
Tourer
Default Almost done with conversion...

Heres my what started as a'04 Softail Standard...

Attached Thumbnails Softail Baggers Only...Pics please-softail-bagger-4.jpg   Softail Baggers Only...Pics please-softail-bagger-3.jpg   Softail Baggers Only...Pics please-softail-bagger-2.jpg   Softail Baggers Only...Pics please-softail-bagger-1.jpg  
Old 09-05-2014, 04:39 AM
Transporter
Cruiser

Very nice Knuckles73, is that a custom bracket for the tourpack?

Old 09-05-2014, 01:03 PM
Knuckles73
Tourer
Default Trunk Bracket...

Originally Posted by Transporter
Very nice Knuckles73, is that a custom bracket for the tourpack?
Its very similar to one sold by Milwaukee Baggers I found on ebay. Might even be same one but it was $100 bucks cheaper painted than MB wanted raw unpainted.

One thing to note is that it is predrilled for the full size Tour packs OEM or knock off's. My trunk is not that so I did have to drill new holes in the trunk to fit, but was no big deal.

Quick Reply: Softail Baggers Only...Pics please