Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

samson mini cholos 36 inch

Old 04-05-2010, 11:44 PM
nikonf8
Supporter
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Default samson mini cholos 36 inch

Any one running the Samson mini cholos 36 inch on a deluxe? if so I would appreciate some pictures. I am debating between the 36 or 39 inch and its a tuff decision. I am leaning towers the 36 inch.

Old 04-06-2010, 03:13 AM
ElSupremo
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was leaning towards the 36" myself, but take a look at JayDee5150 or aggro_jo's bikes. They're running the 39" and are just right. I thought the full Cholo's would be too much, but I'm gonna get 'em after talking with those guys.

That said, 36's still look pretty damn cool.

Old 04-06-2010, 09:33 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Hit me up for pricing with a part number when you decide. I think they both look great, but for my bike and the kind of riding I do it would have to be 36" at the most. 39" is just a bit too much for backing up to a curb to park on a regular day for me. Also with all the canyons I ride the would scrape far too much for me. Although, the new air ride might get high enough to take care of that. I guess it's really 6 of one a half dozen of the other. These retail for $899.95 and I can get you at least $150 off shipped in the US boys.

Old 04-06-2010, 10:13 AM
nikonf8
Supporter
Default cholos

DR V exactly what I have been thinking. The 39 inch look cool but to me its just a little to much. I think ill be going with the 36 inch. I have a very good friend who is a dealer and my price will be $700 shipped. I do not think ill find them any cheaper any where

Old 04-06-2010, 10:15 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by nikonf8
DR V exactly what I have been thinking. The 39 inch look cool but to me its just a little to much. I think ill be going with the 36 inch. I have a very good friend who is a dealer and my price will be $700 shipped. I do not think ill find them any cheaper any where
I might be able to match that, but it would be tight. When I had the 36"ers on my ride backing up to the curb to park was kind of funny because my front wheel would always stick out way past the cars. I was always kind of nervous a wayward car was going to take it out.

Old 04-06-2010, 02:35 PM
OS_DELUXE
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

The 36inch "mini" cholos were the originals with baffles. I was one of the first with those. Then they came out with the unbaffled pipes so I bought a set and found they were a little longer, 39inch.

There is actually not that much of a visual difference.... that is, unless you have both on at the same time and you're standing over them

I'd go with the 39's... but that's just MO

Name:  HPIM0858-1.jpg
Views: 1225
Size:  59.4 KB

Old 04-07-2010, 12:50 PM
nikonf8
Supporter
Default cholos

Well, after a long hard thought I decided on the mini cholos 36 inch with baffles. This was not an easy decision I have been pounding it all winter. I went with baffles because when i took the baffles out of my Vance and hines duels it ran like crap. i definitely needed the back pressure and Samson actually recommends the use of a baffle with a fuel injected engine. The 39 inch long tails are just a bit to much for me I love the look but there is a price to pay with the longer pipes and I really do not want to deal with it. I am sure ill still have a few things to deal with but I went with my gut and its done they are ordered from a good friend and I am paying $701.95 including shipping that's for the full system 36 inch mini cholos and a stainless chrome flange kit. Ill hang on to my Vance and hines duels for a while and make sure i like the Samson's then maybe sell them. i like to thank all you members who chimed in on this thread

Old 04-07-2010, 03:23 PM
akhenaten
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great thread...great info. Post some pics when you get those bad boys installed! You're saving me the research when I get upgraded. Thanks!

Old 04-24-2010, 12:13 AM
nikonf8
Supporter
Default cholos

I received my 36 inch mini cholos and plan on the install today with the help of a good friend. ill try to post a few pics next week.

Old 04-30-2010, 10:07 PM
nikonf8
Supporter
Default 36 cholos

OK i finished the install of the 36 inch cholos and heres what i have to say appearance I am very happy with my choice. sound with baffles nice i like it better than the Vance and Hines i had on my bike before i bought the cholos. You really have to be careful when going down a driveway i have all ready scraped them three times nothing that has damaged them but you have to be careful. after seeing this with the 36 inch I am really happy i did not go with the long tail 39 inch they are sweet but for me it would be a little to much to worry about. I was never a fan of Sampson pipes in fact i kind of trashed them a few times. The pipes have very nice chrome and sound great. the linkage thing was a bit of a pain in the *** my buddy put his talent to work on that.we finished the job about 4 pm eastern time and then we put her on the lap top for final tuning this guy is a whiz with this mapping stuff no commander no fuel pack nothing he hooks up the computer some how and can see every thing going on like if the injectors are opening all the way and stuff like that. when finished the bike is running fantastic and i really do not feel a lack of power. I think to may guys put on pipes the bike is running OK no pops and hesitation and they feel that's it. not so when you tweak it and know what your doing there is a big difference. The pipes are done also added the rare crash bars or bag guards as some call them installed a set of lighted running boards and the front fender rail. next and last will be the 21 3.5 fifty spoke fat daddy with a 120 70 21 inch tire as soon as i can get my hands on one and that should put me where i want to be .for now any way here is a link to a picture i took tonight it was abought 10 pm and dark out i pulled up under this conapy thing that had a light in it and took a three second exposure holding the camera on a rail trying to keep it still its not a great picture but you can get a look
http://nikonf8.com/new-pipes-2.jpg

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: samson mini cholos 36 inch