Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2014, 07:27 AM
JRuss
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fatburger
Not directed at you JRuss lol. Sorry man. I'm selling some stuff on the classifieds and a potential buyer said "can you measure the bolts for me?" when he could just go to cyclevisions website and get more accurate fitment answers. I know some grips are hell to get off...which is a good thing. My stock grips started sliding before 10K miles. Good luck with yours. Always better to ask and make damn sure before effin something up. I don't care how ignorant I seem. I will ask. I've learned a lot from asking folks on here.
haha no worries. I was just confused as to what you were telling me to measure ha.

I'm picking up a new throttle sleeve today. I'll post some pics with the new grips since I've made y'all read all my silly questions.

Old 04-24-2014, 07:27 PM
EMG_48
Novice

Here's a couple of shots of my baby...

Right now, I'm working on some mods to my 2013 Fatboy Lo - going to chop the rear fender to bob it, replace the rear brake/running light with LED (as well as side rear turns - the LED I'm getting has a center red and amber turns, single strip, that will mount under the rear lip)...

...however, I'm thinking about buying a used rear to chop down (would like to keep it under $200), in case I want to revert to "stock" sometime later.

Having a REALLY hard time finding one, though - anyone have a line on where to look (that I may have missed)? Been looking for a couple hours a day for the last few days, nothing seems to be popping on Craigslist, Ebay, etc. other than the RSD's and those are totally blank.

Anyone have their old stock rear they'd want to part with?

Attached Thumbnails Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-img_1334.jpg   Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-img_1375.jpg  

Last edited by EMG_48; 04-25-2014 at 01:59 PM. Reason: added pic
Old 04-24-2014, 11:57 PM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by EMG_48
Here's a couple of shots of my baby...

Right now, I'm working on some mods to my 2013 Fatboy Lo - going to chop the rear fender to bob it, replace the rear brake/running light with LED (as well as side rear turns - the LED I'm getting has a center red and amber turns, single strip, that will mount under the rear lip)...

...however, I'm thinking about buying a used rear to chop down (would like to keep it under $200), in case I want to revert to "stock" sometime later.

Having a REALLY hard time finding one, though - anyone have a line on where to look (that I may have missed)? Been looking for a couple hours a day for the last few days, nothing seems to be popping on Craigslist, Ebay, etc. other than the RSD's and those are totally blank.

Anyone have their old stock rear they'd want to part with?
Your best bet might to just be patient and keep an eye out for one on the classifieds here on the forum. Stock fenders pop up fairly often. You can also place a thread in the want to buy section. Someone who has one might see it and sell you theirs

Old 04-25-2014, 04:57 AM
Lone wolf lo 10
Tourer

Originally Posted by Fatbob usmc EOD
Did they power coat with I guess regular powder coat material or ceramic? I'm sure that's probably a dumb question but despite everything I've had power coated over the last few years I'll admit I'm a little ignorant about how it's done. My main concern of course is it holding up under the heat. Speaking of which I emailed the powder pro guys and they asked what tuner I was using because they thought I might be running way too lean. I can maybe see that for the spot that is on the rear pipe but the other spot is on the rear pipe right underneath the oil tank and is probably from oil dripped while checking it. I've included a couple of pics of what i'm talking about. The tuner I'm using is a Power Vision with a base map from fuel moto and some tuning runs using the Power Vision itself. One last thing. Not that I need more ideas to spend money I don't have on the bike but, does anybody have any pics of a Lo with passing lamps and a memphis shaded bullet fairing. I kind of like the look and after my long trip down to Orlando I'd like the wind protection but most of the pics I've seen, including on this forums, are of bikes without passing lamps.
I guess I need to find another coater he says only way to do it is dip my exhaust and my heat sheild look identical to your at the jugs seems V&H powder coats really don't hold up I doing cams next week may find another place to send heat sheilds

Old 04-25-2014, 06:17 AM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Lone wolf lo 10
I guess I need to find another coater he says only way to do it is dip my exhaust and my heat sheild look identical to your at the jugs seems V&H powder coats really don't hold up I doing cams next week may find another place to send heat sheilds
So, remember awhile back when the big thing was to coat stuff in truck-bed liner to get that wrinkled black look? well if you're going to get them re-coated anyways, and if you've got an extra $7 laying around..try this stuff..

I used this to treat my exhaust welds for rust and stuff before I wrapped them, and surprislingly enough it almost matched the ceramic coated tip i had done.

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-fj1gipz.jpg

..bad example because the paint was still wet when i took this picture, and I guess i deleted the one where it was dry. But like i said, if you're re-doing them anyways, give it a shot

Old 04-25-2014, 07:13 AM
Lone wolf lo 10
Tourer

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim
So, remember awhile back when the big thing was to coat stuff in truck-bed liner to get that wrinkled black look? well if you're going to get them re-coated anyways, and if you've got an extra $7 laying around..try this stuff..

I used this to treat my exhaust welds for rust and stuff before I wrapped them, and surprislingly enough it almost matched the ceramic coated tip i had done.

..bad example because the paint was still wet when i took this picture, and I guess i deleted the one where it was dry. But like i said, if you're re-doing them anyways, give it a shot

I guess if I have to powder coat anyway I'll try can't hurt if it last the season I'll be ok with that and powder coat next winter

Old 04-25-2014, 10:41 PM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jim, what kind of prep work did you do before you painted it? Also how many coats?

Old 04-26-2014, 07:20 AM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Fatbob usmc EOD
Jim, what kind of prep work did you do before you painted it? Also how many coats?
keeping in mind that i wrapped the pipes, so all of this paint work was just for a bit of extra protection against the welds rusting.. all i did was grind the welds nice and smooth, wipe the entire thing down with some rubbing alcohol to make sure all the shavings and stuff were off from the pipe and hit it with the paint. i did maybe 2-3 coats on the entire thing. Honestly though if i wasn't wrapping the pipes, it actually looked pretty good just painted.

Old 04-26-2014, 09:24 AM
s5051
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Lone wolf lo 10
I use Prestine Powder coating for all my powdercoating. He does ceramic coating as well. http://www.pristinepc.com/

Old 04-26-2014, 07:32 PM
jperrino
Novice
Default My Fatboy Lo

Been following since the beginning and I cant believe its been four years. I guess its about time I showed off my ride.

Python Venom Radius
Arlen Ness Big Sucker
XiED's
10" Carlini Evil Apes with 3" Riser
Glide Pro Fairing
Powder Pro Fork Bag Stereo
Hogrida Lay Lo Plate

Attached Thumbnails Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-photo-1-5-.jpg   Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-photo-2-5-.jpg   Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-photo-3-4-.jpg   Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-photo-4-2-.jpg  

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners