Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2014, 12:39 AM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Beltdriven
Fatboy Low is a beautiful machine.It has a menacing heavy duty look about it.The satin SSteel trim on the engine is very classy.How's the low with high speed cornering?What scrapes first-the floorboard support or the case?
Mine handles pretty good in the corners. Floorboards are the first to scrape. Never scraped beyond that. It's not a spot bike but I love the ride.

Old 11-26-2014, 01:00 AM
Beltdriven
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Fatboy Low

Good looking machine Misbehaven.Glad you haven't scraped the case yet-the floorboard would be in tatters and you would have gone for a slide.Thanks for your military service.

Old 11-26-2014, 07:05 AM
joebad
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Beltdriven
Fatboy Low is a beautiful machine.It has a menacing heavy duty look about it.The satin SSteel trim on the engine is very classy.How's the low with high speed cornering?What scrapes first-the floorboard support or the case?
The lo has a rather limiting lean angle; you WILL scrape the floorboards unless you never ride mountain roads or ride with extreme caution (never "push" it). For me, the lean angle is her one shortcoming.

Old 11-26-2014, 07:42 AM
TeaRunner
Road Master
Received 212 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by joebad
The lo has a rather limiting lean angle; you WILL scrape the floorboards unless you never ride mountain roads or ride with extreme caution (never "push" it). For me, the lean angle is her one shortcoming.
Same here, it's definitely not what I'm used to. First corner I really did, I hammered the floorboard, bent the crap out of it, and damn near lost the bike in the turn. If you're coming from a regular bike you're going to hit the boards, that's just a fact. One day, you won't be thinking about it, old instincts rise and BAM! floorboard smashed or gouged.

It's taken a lot of getting used to but found it really takes more handlebar involvement to keep off the boards. Looking into swapping those out for more leverage currently. The stock bars do not belong this bike. They look nice but they are total crap when it comes to comfort and handling.

Old 11-26-2014, 07:52 AM
TeaRunner
Road Master

Originally Posted by Fat11Lo
These are Harley Diamond Black:

Not the best pic but I think they may be a bit darker than the ones Misbehaven has but they weren't as black as I thought they would be. The clear cover on them sorta dulls the black.
What bars are those? They speak to me.

Old 11-26-2014, 09:23 AM
Fat11Lo
Road Warrior
Received 470 Likes on 250 Posts

Originally Posted by ILMFBL
. Fat11Lo, thanks for wrecking my day, jk, those don't look black at all, that's for sure. :
That's why I posted them, I was pretty disappointed when I got mine

Last edited by Fat11Lo; 11-26-2014 at 09:26 AM.
Old 11-26-2014, 09:35 AM
Fat11Lo
Road Warrior
Received 470 Likes on 250 Posts

Originally Posted by TeaRunner
What bars are those? They speak to me.
Hot Rod Bars, from John Shopes

Old 11-26-2014, 03:41 PM
TeaRunner
Road Master

Originally Posted by Fat11Lo
Hot Rod Bars, from John Shopes

Wow, they think a lot of them. Problem is, I do too.

Thank you, sir

Old 11-29-2014, 12:31 AM
ILMFBL
Road Warrior
Received 132 Likes on 114 Posts

[QUOTE=Misbehaven;13449001]I used to be the official reflector cop here. Now the torch can be passed on.LOL

Hey now, wait just a minute! I wasn't trying to steal your badge. When you you didn't say nothin', I just thought you might have been temporarily passed out from an over indulgent drinking binge or something. You can't stick me with that job or I just might hurt myself or even worse, some of those around me. You're still top cop.

Old 11-30-2014, 03:06 PM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

[QUOTE=ILMFBL;13456438]
Originally Posted by Misbehaven
I used to be the official reflector cop here. Now the torch can be passed on.LOL

Hey now, wait just a minute! I wasn't trying to steal your badge. When you you didn't say nothin', I just thought you might have been temporarily passed out from an over indulgent drinking binge or something. You can't stick me with that job or I just might hurt myself or even worse, some of those around me. You're still top cop.
And the Silence continues.

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners