Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2015, 07:54 PM
Gijoe11
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome! It looks great.... Enjoy it.

Old 03-29-2015, 07:59 PM
Dave's 1stHog
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome and nice looking bike! How was the JW Speaker 8700 evo 2 install? Does it simply plug in to the existing plug on the bike or do you have to do anything to the wires? I have a Lo myself and I am about to order the same light so I am curious how easy it was to put in?

Again, nice bike.....how do you like the mini-apes you installed?

Old 03-29-2015, 08:29 PM
Ollivander
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by Dave's 1stHog
Welcome and nice looking bike! How was the JW Speaker 8700 evo 2 install? Does it simply plug in to the existing plug on the bike or do you have to do anything to the wires? I have a Lo myself and I am about to order the same light so I am curious how easy it was to put in?

Again, nice bike.....how do you like the mini-apes you installed?
Thank you! Pretty easy install, I am not really handy but can tackle a few things. The only difference was the evo has a wire with the plug where as the stock one plugged right in to the back of the light, nothing extra is needed for the install. Unplug the old one, plug in the new one and mount it back.

Love the mini-apes, I had the chance to sit on a lo with the 12's and the 16's and felt the 12's were much more comfortable.

Old 03-29-2015, 09:09 PM
ILMFBL
Road Warrior
Received 132 Likes on 114 Posts

Nice looking ride Olli. Love that color, 'tis mine too.

Old 03-29-2015, 09:14 PM
ILMFBL
Road Warrior
Received 132 Likes on 114 Posts

Scrappy35, You have got to be the epitome of cool. Not only do you and your wife ride, you both ride Lo's!!! Doesn't get any better than that.

Old 03-30-2015, 10:05 AM
scrappy35
6th Gear

Thanks, Was pretty excited and nervous when she decided to take the class, but I really enjoy riding with her instead of her on the back. Luckily we live in a rural area and had access to a big parking lot for her to practice. With her being short, The Lo with it's low center of gravity just made it a perfect choice for her (once lowered) and I test rode everything else first. When I rode the Lo, it was just to comfortable to pass up.

We just bought unclear com units, Ill let you guys know what I think when we get the tested out.

Old 03-30-2015, 12:21 PM
Fat11Lo
Road Warrior
Received 470 Likes on 250 Posts

Originally Posted by smokeyfatboyLO
Hey fellow HOG's..... I am just switching from a sportster to a Fatboy lo... I am planning to switch floorboards to forward controls but the dealership says its not recommended and what is possible will cost 1400plus labor nd tax... I have been searching from last few days and all it did is confuse me more... Can anyone please suggest what should i go for... I dont want to take chances with my new baby.... Some guidance will be really appreciated
Took a minute to find it, but I knew they put forward controls on one of their "inspiration" bikes a few years back

http://www.harley-davidson.com/conte...n-gallery.html

In the top left corner where it says 2015, click on the arrow and select 2011, then go over to the top right and select Softail. Use the right arrow to get to the 8th pic FLSTFB-2. It's a silver Lo. At the bottom of the picture there is a link that says "Download Parts List". scroll down through there and that's your HD part numbers. As far as I know not much has changed on these bikes except the paint, the 103 and the handlebars. If they won't work I'd like for you to post the reasons your parts guy gives you. That would be pretty ****ed up of them to build their "inspiration" bikes out of parts that they don't recommend. If it was me, I would look to the aftermarket, definitely from a reputable company, not the cheapest ones I can find. Post a thread in the main Softail section and ask people what they have used before and the pro's and con's of each, there is a wealth of information and first hand experience on here and all you gotta do is ask, it's not like anyone doesn't like to talk about their bike

Oh yea, ..... by the way WELCOME, nice choice of bike. Hang on to your wallet, this place will drain you of your cash in a hurry, and watch out for the reflector police, they're everywhere man

Old 03-30-2015, 08:21 PM
Fatburger
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default cable clamp

okay...getting pissed now. I've stripped the threads on two clutch cable clamps. I got the motion pro cable clamp now and I just stripped the threads on it. I got it snug and that was it. I wanted to re-position clamp so I loosened it enough to move it. Motion pro clamps have a rubber grommet so no scratching but when i re-tightened it the ****in thing stripped. Loctite? duh uh yeah. Another motion pro clamp is on it's way. What type of thread lock should I use on that little freaking allen bolt? Any assistance in this urgent matter will reflect great credit upon you and the United States of America.

Old 03-30-2015, 09:38 PM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Fatburger
okay...getting pissed now. I've stripped the threads on two clutch cable clamps. I got the motion pro cable clamp now and I just stripped the threads on it. I got it snug and that was it. I wanted to re-position clamp so I loosened it enough to move it. Motion pro clamps have a rubber grommet so no scratching but when i re-tightened it the ****in thing stripped. Loctite? duh uh yeah. Another motion pro clamp is on it's way. What type of thread lock should I use on that little freaking allen bolt? Any assistance in this urgent matter will reflect great credit upon you and the United States of America.
I just use a very light dab of blue loctite. I use it on my small nitro RC cars as well and never loose or strip screws.

Old 03-30-2015, 10:50 PM
Gommee
Devil's Advocate
Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts

I keep blue and white thread locker in my collection. I have yet to require red, but that $h1t scares me.

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners