Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2016, 11:46 PM
Berick
Tourer
Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Freak Show
where did you get te rear axle cover, and why only the one. bike looks good!

welcome aboard!
Haha.... Leave it to you to notice that missing axle cover! But.... did you notice the Slim catseye console? I like it way better then the Fatboy brick. I just need to get my seat figured out so I can get some matching tank and fender bibs made up.

It's a Harley axle cover (PN - 42069-08). It won't fit a Fatboy Lo though if you're running stock exhaust..... the cans will hit it. They only come in chrome so I peeled off the little stainless steel decals, powder-coated them and used some 3M decal adhesive to put the little decals back in.

I couldn't get the left side cover on due to the solo bag and bobber bracket. You're the first one to notice it but I guess in the pics it does kind of stick out like a sore thumb.

Old 06-03-2016, 08:05 AM
Freak Show
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 510 Likes on 448 Posts

Originally Posted by Berick
Haha.... Leave it to you to notice that missing axle cover! But.... did you notice the Slim catseye console? I like it way better then the Fatboy brick. I just need to get my seat figured out so I can get some matching tank and fender bibs made up.

It's a Harley axle cover (PN - 42069-08). It won't fit a Fatboy Lo though if you're running stock exhaust..... the cans will hit it. They only come in chrome so I peeled off the little stainless steel decals, powder-coated them and used some 3M decal adhesive to put the little decals back in.

I couldn't get the left side cover on due to the solo bag and bobber bracket. You're the first one to notice it but I guess in the pics it does kind of stick out like a sore thumb.
Yeah i noticed the console to, but one thing at a time, lol. but it does look good. i keep mulling over the idea of getting the axle covers but now since you've answered my question i won't go that route.

Old 06-03-2016, 07:55 PM
Gommee
Devil's Advocate
Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Berick

And I thought you were going to say that the left axle cover did not fit over your unusually large nut...

Old 06-03-2016, 08:03 PM
Freak Show
Seasoned HDF Member

maybe he has elephantiasis

Old 06-04-2016, 09:10 PM
rogers_trafton
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Another probably silly question. I'm looking to get the lady some passenger floorboards, preferably of the HD variety. The pipes that I have are aftermarket and the kit on HD.com (http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...-07-5039907--1) is showing that the right side has to connect to the muffler bracket which is no longer present. Anybody have any clues on what I should buy or advice on fitment?

Old 06-04-2016, 09:36 PM
Freak Show
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by rogers_trafton
Another probably silly question. I'm looking to get the lady some passenger floorboards, preferably of the HD variety. The pipes that I have are aftermarket and the kit on HD.com (http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...-07-5039907--1) is showing that the right side has to connect to the muffler bracket which is no longer present. Anybody have any clues on what I should buy or advice on fitment?
take close up picture of your bike at it sits right now and we will answer it for you

Old 06-04-2016, 09:38 PM
FatboyLoLife
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

take close up picture of your bike at it sits right now and we will answer it for you
I have these and honestly would sell them, they're basically brand new. I'll snap some pics when I get home if there mounting situation

Old 06-04-2016, 09:43 PM
rogers_trafton
Novice

Right side. Which is the main problem

Old 06-04-2016, 09:43 PM
Freak Show
Seasoned HDF Member

i have these on my bike and the work great. as you can see they fold up just above my pipes
http://www.ebay.com/itm/KURYAKYN-MIN...FUtm1J&vxp=mtr

Attached Thumbnails Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-20160508_133212-0-.jpeg  
Old 06-04-2016, 09:44 PM
rogers_trafton
Novice

Originally Posted by FatboyLoLife
I have these and honestly would sell them, they're basically brand new. I'll snap some pics when I get home if there mounting situation
Let me know when you get a chance

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners