Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 07:04 AM
Toledofatboy
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stratoscape, I will tell you my experience on tuners. Installed V&H 2 into 2's and a SE filter. Bike ran hot and had a lot of decel pop. Finally, after exhaustive research, bought the Power Vision V. It came pre-loaded with the program for the pipes and filter I bought. The job took maybe 1/2 hour total start to finish. The bike now runs 100% better. No decel pop, and it simply runs stronger and better. It was a tad expensive, but in my opinion worth every penny.
Your dealer is obviously not doing you any favors, and apparently likes to give his opinion without any experience to back it up. I agree that you should find another dealer!

Old 04-27-2012, 09:20 AM
Matt990724
Road Master
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Stratoscape,

While it is true that you will hear many different opinions, I will go out on a limb that not one person on this forum will agree with what your dealer told you. Take that for what you will.

Old 04-27-2012, 09:24 AM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

no regrets with a PCV..especially since I've had it properly tuned rather than using a map from DynoJet's website, she pulls like a bat out of hell with only the minimalist amount of decel popping.

And if there's one thing I've learned, it's to take the dealers word as a grain of salt, then get on google and start researching. If he told you any auto-tuner is crap, did he then turn around and suggest the SERT system? That's Harley's own tuner thingie, and would make sense because he's trying to sell you on an HD product..

But if you want something that if you were to change your exhaust away from V&H later down the road, check out the PowerCommander V, or the Power Vision 2..

Old 04-27-2012, 09:29 AM
Lone wolf lo 10
Tourer

Yep, there are way to many options for tuners, everyone has there opion, I runn PCV now and prob going to a thundermax auto tuner when my bike goes to FuelMoto, but deff find another dealer after that comment,don't know where in md you are, but I could prob point out a few options for you if you are anywhere near Frederick or Hagerstown area

Old 04-27-2012, 09:41 AM
td234
Cruiser

Originally Posted by The Savage Rabbit
I pick it up on Saturday.

Congrats. Welcome to the thread. Almost impossible now to read the whole thing to catch up. Hope you saved some money. Reading this thread will give you constant idea on how to spend it.

Old 04-27-2012, 10:12 AM
SmokeyTN
Advanced

It's worth noting that a piggyback system (like FuelPak), a tuner (like SERT or PV), and an AUTOtuner are 3 different things. Autotuners have the capability of tuning themselves based on information coming from the ECM and sensors. PV and SERT are not autotuners, they require input from the user to set the tune. Maybe your dealer doesn't like autotuning. I have no personal knowledge with the autotuning modules out there and therefore no opinion. I had the dealer remap mine with the HD Pro Super Tuner and have been very happy with it. I don't have the desire to tinker with it on my own, so it works great for me. Those who have used Power Vision rave about it. I've heard mixed things on Fuelpak.

My only advise is to do the research on what meets your needs and do it right the first time, even if it means spending more money.

Old 04-27-2012, 10:50 AM
LoFatBoy
Cruiser

Originally Posted by TNB
I've had those on my bike for quite some time though I always ride with gloves.

TNB..not trying to hijack the thread, but are your bars RSD BlackOpps w/12" rise?

Old 04-27-2012, 10:54 AM
LoFatBoy
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Jim_bo
OK guys... let's talk about brakes. I have a new 2012 FB Lo. Love the bike. Lots of fun. But the front brakes are a terrible disappointment. I can just about throw myself through the windshield of my Goldwing with one finger on the front brake. But on my FB, I have to put four fingers over the lever and squeeze hard.

Question: Is my bike an anomaly? Do all of the FB's have such weak front brakes? Should I be going back to the dealer to make a warranty claim or should I just learn to squeeze hard?
Huh?
I have no problem using 2 fingers on my front brake with very little pressure

Old 04-27-2012, 11:17 AM
LoFatBoy
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim
no regrets with a PCV..especially since I've had it properly tuned rather than using a map from DynoJet's website, she pulls like a bat out of hell with only the minimalist amount of decel popping.

And if there's one thing I've learned, it's to take the dealers word as a grain of salt, then get on google and start researching. If he told you any auto-tuner is crap, did he then turn around and suggest the SERT system? That's Harley's own tuner thingie, and would make sense because he's trying to sell you on an HD product..

But if you want something that if you were to change your exhaust away from V&H later down the road, check out the PowerCommander V, or the Power Vision 2..
X2...on the PCV like Jim said "she pulls like a bat out of hell with only the minimalist amount of decal popping"

Old 04-27-2012, 12:59 PM
TNB
Road Master

Originally Posted by LoFatBoy
TNB..not trying to hijack the thread, but are your bars RSD BlackOpps w/12" rise?
No, they are not RSD. I picked them up at the local dealer though the dealer sells RSD products as well.

Santee Designer Series "Bonanza II"
http://www.bikernet.com/blog/?p=5875

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners