Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Old 05-03-2012, 10:17 PM
Stratoscape
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim
What do you mean? does it not work, or are you just cruising between 2-3k rpms? i'm normally at about 2700 or so myself on my tach
No it works.. It just seems no matter what gear I am i am always cruising at 2-3k..just a newbie observation.. I also bought the Kuryakyn Phase 7 LED light to install this weekend.. we will see how that goes...

Old 05-03-2012, 10:27 PM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I usually run around 2-3k. Usually closer to 2000, about 2400 unless I'm in 6th and doing 70 or better. There's a lot of debate it seems about this with some guys saying that you are lugging the engine if you're not running at 3000. To me 3000 seems way too high to be in all the time since the engine sounds like it's running so hard. I also think a lot of those guys are the same ones complaining about crappy gas mileage.

Old 05-04-2012, 01:30 AM
beasleyiv
Road Master
Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

Decided to fix the oil leak on the rear rocker plate. Almost 12K miles.

This was the corner where it was leaking:

Yes, rocker covers can be done with the tank on:

If you do these, read carefully how the gaskets go down. The breather valley needs to be covered. They are stamped accordingly.

Old 05-04-2012, 09:38 AM
highdrum
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bill, great illustrations, its amazing how simple these twin cam engines are. I cam from the sport bike world of inline 4s with DOHC and variable timing and what not, its a relief knowing I can do a total overhaul inside my garage with mostly simple hand tools.

Old 05-04-2012, 09:51 AM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by highdrum
Bill, great illustrations, its amazing how simple these twin cam engines are. I cam from the sport bike world of inline 4s with DOHC and variable timing and what not, its a relief knowing I can do a total overhaul inside my garage with mostly simple hand tools.
It's either chapter 3 or chapter 6 of the service manual (i think 3) that gives you pretty detailed instructions on how to disassemble the entire motor in your living room.. when the time comes, i'm thinking about doing the 107" kit myself, my only problem is replacing the cam bearings on the lower end, otherwise i think the rest is pretty straight forward

Old 05-04-2012, 11:19 AM
Profittspeppers
Novice

Well just got my 2012 Fatboy Lo *denim* In on tuesday really just loving being out on the road and oogling, it's my first Bike... Been creeping around and looking at a lot of great looking bikes out there... Really wanna do some upgrades but all in good time....

Any advice on keeping her nice and clean... really looking forward to being around and learning..

Attached Thumbnails Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-lo.jpg  
Old 05-04-2012, 11:58 AM
td234
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Profittspeppers
Well just got my 2012 Fatboy Lo *denim* In on tuesday really just loving being out on the road and oogling, it's my first Bike... Been creeping around and looking at a lot of great looking bikes out there... Really wanna do some upgrades but all in good time....

Any advice on keeping her nice and clean... really looking forward to being around and learning..
Welcome. I got mine just a few months ago. Beware, this forum will cost you! I have done mostly cosmetic changes, but I now have to have a Harley Fund. Welcome to the dark side.

I got the demin cleaner from HD which works well on the painted surfaces.

Old 05-04-2012, 12:12 PM
Nutbender
2nd Gear
Default Boot Guards for Half-moon footboards

I have also had the burnt rubber issue. I found another US manufacturer on the web. www.rockhardrail.com. I uses this heel guard. What I like about it is the quality, and the ease of mounting. It is very heavy steel. It does not vibrate loose and I have had it for about a year. Also, you do not have to drill holes in your footboard to mount it. You don't even have to take the footboard all the way off the bike to mount it. I am sure there are other good solutions, but this one is the one I prefer. Take a look at the website and see what you think. I also liked that they are also here in Colorado.

Old 05-04-2012, 12:24 PM
Deadanimal
Tourer

Originally Posted by Profittspeppers

If you want to keep her nice and clean I'd have to say don't ride her. If you do ride her you will always be on her and never have the time anyway! Ha JK!
I can't even wash mine here since UK has a hose ban. They think it's a drought and it has litterally RAINED every day since I brought mine home!

She's a nasty girl right now!

Old 05-04-2012, 02:44 PM
AirSchatz
4th Gear

Jim, sorry if you have already mentioned this, I might have missed it, but whats the details in your tbars? How much of a rise and pull back are they?

[QUOTE=Sgt_Jim;9339260]

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners