Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 08:24 PM
Josewales
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by serjayson
Hey Jim how about the rest of us! Are we chopped liver?
Jim should of bagged his Lo like yours (awesome btw) and never went to the old side....er tour side:P

Old 05-08-2012, 08:54 PM
JIMSFBL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by serjayson
Hey Jim how about the rest of us! Are we chopped liver?
haha how could I have forgot the guy that made hard bags look sik on a lo!

Jose,
I still have the blue/purple FLHT, but my sig pic is my current project and that's the only pic that I'll show for now and I couldn't get away from the denim black. Not that my softail friends care ha, but I'll post some more pics later and I'll probably ask you to make me a poster of it and I'll toss you a couple coins for it Jose.

You guys really make me miss my lo! later

Last edited by JIMSFBL; 05-08-2012 at 10:05 PM.
Old 05-08-2012, 11:29 PM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I finally got the brake lever blacked out. Looks pretty good for a rattle can job and matches the powder coat on the engine pretty good. I'm trying to decide right now which mod to go for for Father's Day. I'm leaning towards the aux light bar setup but I'm also thinking about getting a set of HD's adjustable footpeg setup for the engine guard so I can stretch out a bit. I guess the aux bar helps me be seen and gets me closer to the look I want but the footpeg setup I think would help me be quite a bit more comfortable on my 25 mile each way commute. Hmm Here's some pics of the brake lever.

Attached Thumbnails Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-img_0366.jpg   Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-img_0367.jpg  
Old 05-09-2012, 06:29 AM
Josewales
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by JIMSFBL

Jose,
I still have the blue/purple FLHT, but my sig pic is my current project and that's the only pic that I'll show for now and I couldn't get away from the denim black. Not that my softail friends care ha, but I'll post some more pics later and I'll probably ask you to make me a poster of it and I'll toss you a couple coins for it Jose.
I will do one up for free...only if I can stamp it with a 'geizer' endorsement haha. Btw I blame your Lo for gettting me into mod trouble....I am sure others do to:P

Old 05-09-2012, 10:12 AM
Matt990724
Road Master
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Fatbob usmc EOD
I finally got the brake lever blacked out. Looks pretty good for a rattle can job and matches the powder coat on the engine pretty good. I'm trying to decide right now which mod to go for for Father's Day. I'm leaning towards the aux light bar setup but I'm also thinking about getting a set of HD's adjustable footpeg setup for the engine guard so I can stretch out a bit. I guess the aux bar helps me be seen and gets me closer to the look I want but the footpeg setup I think would help me be quite a bit more comfortable on my 25 mile each way commute. Hmm Here's some pics of the brake lever.
Lever looks good man, would never know it was rattle-canned!

Old 05-09-2012, 11:37 AM
Lone wolf lo 10
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fatbob usmc EOD
Looks good man did you use semi flat or bed linnet spray?, I used the bed linner spray, it gave it the wrinkled black look

Old 05-09-2012, 09:28 PM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used the Rustoleum bed liner. I did about three coats and baked it in the over for 15 min at 200 degrees in between coats. The hardest part was finding a way to keep it upright and off of the baking pan I set it on. I ended up using a pair of vise grips clamped onto the area where the brake pad bolts on which worked pretty good. As far as which mod to do next, aux lights or highway pegs, I think I'm leaning towards getting the highway pegs. I think I would probably use them more. Unfortunately the next mod after Father's Day won't come till probably Christmas.

Old 05-09-2012, 10:08 PM
stanggt66
6th Gear

Originally Posted by WillyT
Just got my custom leather set made for me by Artist Pat Nash from Sundog Leather. Totally blown away by the crafmanship, and attention to detail. Can't recommend him enough for any leather creation you can dream up. He even built in a Iphone holder in my tool roll to my surprise!
It was a bit "spendy" but worth every penny, truly unique
Willyt
That looks amazing mate well done wish we had guys that skilled down here in Aus.

Can I ask
what brand swing arm bag, is that your rockin?
stanggt

Old 05-10-2012, 02:59 PM
Deadanimal
Tourer

Name:  IMG_8535.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  81.1 KB
FREAKING SWEET!

Name:  IMG_8559.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  55.3 KB
Installed my old throw overs with EZ brackets from Leather works, now I got storage only when I need it!
Just roll with the sweet swing arm bag for the rest of the time.
Name:  IMG_8582.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  57.8 KB
And FINALLY got my cables to install my 16" Gangsters!

Old 05-10-2012, 04:52 PM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Front signal relocation for 2011-2012 Fatboy LO

Posted the on the main softail thread as well. But thought I would put it her as well.

This is my first write up so please be kind. I hope it can help others who want to do the same. Much credit goes to forum member Fat11LO for providing some great info.

Name:  DSCF1833.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  87.3 KB
Name:  DSCF1836.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  77.4 KB

Parts needed

1. Tyco 070 Multilock 6 pin connector/6X black Amp/Tyco

Multi-lock connector set + terminals
(Harley Part # 73156-96BK)
2. 18" each Pink,Brown, GXL 18 gauge wire
3. 36" each Blue, Black GXL 18 gauge wire
4. 1/8" and 1/4" shrink wrap
5. solder

Start by removing the turn signals. You can cut them off at the hand controls but leave enough wire so you can heat shrink each individual wire. Then you can tuck the the the ends back into the controls through the slot where the wires exit after removing the small gromet.

I did it a bit different as I took apart the hand controls and and cut the wires from inside. Either way will work.

Name:  DSCF1815.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  62.5 KB

Now that you have the signals removed you can now build your wireing harness. Start by extending the signal wires.
I cut the signal wires and different lengths so I could stager my splices. (keeps the harness from having a big buldge in one spot)

Name:  DSCF1817.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  27.9 KB

Remove the front and rear bolts holding you gas tank on and you can slide the tank back enough to expose the signal plug on the right hand side.
Name:  DSCF1808.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  53.7 KB

Now you can mount you signals to you choice of relocation type. I went the easy route and bought a kit from Ebay. http://stores.ebay.com/STEEL-EAGLE-CYCLES
Or you can follow these instructions in the DIY thread.
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...p-mods-30.html
Name:  DSCF1836.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  77.4 KB

Once you mount the signals you can route your wires and cut to proper length. I routed my wires through the cow bells by drilling a hole in the back side of each and ran the wires through some groumets. Next I heat shrinked the entire harnes with 1/4" Heat shrink. Once you have your wires run you can install the termanals and male receptical.
Name:  DSCF1809.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  63.0 KB

Plug it in and fasten up you gas tank and your done.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
DSCF1836.jpg (77.4 KB, 17 views)

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners