Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 05:55 AM
Josewales
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Just got my baby home. Still more odds and ends to do on her....o right the new tins also. Front will go on and the rear later on. But for now mostly focused on riding again. This winter...probably some fat spokes.

Name:  1d771b3d.jpg
Views: 544
Size:  410.0 KB

Last edited by Josewales; 05-15-2012 at 05:58 AM.
Old 05-15-2012, 08:12 AM
DrWalkinboner
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

What do you guys use for the machined lip on wheels? Mine look nasty and nothing I have works.

Old 05-15-2012, 08:56 AM
Deadanimal
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by diddydido
Anyone have this tail light on their 2010 Fat Boy Lo? http://www.d2moto.com/p-12438-harley...ake-light.aspx
I don't have my bike here yet, and I just can't go by pics of the stock tail light versus this one. The web site says it fits, but I've heard that before and ran into complications. I also emailed the company to confirm but haven't heard back yet.
I can only assume it's DOT approved...can't see it stated otherwise on the site.
Thanks for any help!
I have the light with the integrated turns on my 12 Lo and it is plenty bright! it's nice and sunny out here for once and I just went and turned on the HAZ's and walked about 30 yards back and they are very visable. I also have a video on here some posts back of it right after I installed it. Fits pretty well, just don't over-tighten as with any plastic light...

Old 05-15-2012, 09:35 AM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by DrWalkinboner
What do you guys use for the machined lip on wheels? Mine look nasty and nothing I have works.
I used some Mothers paste on my rear wheel. It cleaned it up but left it shinny and polished. I am thinking about powder coating them this winter when I do a tire change.

Old 05-15-2012, 10:00 AM
td234
Cruiser

Originally Posted by diddydido
Thanks! Yeah, I'll check those out for sure. Why do you want to upgrade? Just not happy with the one you have?
I just went though the same process and I opted for the Custom Dynamics taillight with turn signal integrated. LOVE IT! Easy to install. Plugged right in and has extra sockets if you want to keep your side turn signal. Highly recommended.

http://www.customdynamics.com/street...taillights.htm

Old 05-15-2012, 03:25 PM
diddydido
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by brettnbama
Ummmm no. All you need is the forwarrds from a FX softail like a 2009 night train. If you look in the P&A book, there is a kit to swap to forwards for FL softails. If you plan to buy aftermarket brake and shift levers, all you really need from the kit is the left and right side brackets, the shifter arm, and that is about it. Other than your choice of pegs and what not. That is unless you just want some crazy custom forward controls. If its just forwards you want, i.e. boards to pegs, this will work.
In hopes this will assist anyone else searching the same info, brett's advice is dead on. Unfortunately it doesn't come blacked out, but there is a forward controls kit available for the 2010 Fat Boy Lo. It is the same as stock FX model Softails, which is designed to use the small brake pedal pad as opposed to the large one on FL model Softails. The H-D (Canadian) part # is 33909-08, and is $362.95. It's not listed for the Fat Boy Lo due to the low suspension and the likelihood to drag the footpegs in a turn.

Old 05-15-2012, 03:30 PM
diddydido
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by td234
I just went though the same process and I opted for the Custom Dynamics taillight with turn signal integrated. LOVE IT! Easy to install. Plugged right in and has extra sockets if you want to keep your side turn signal. Highly recommended.

http://www.customdynamics.com/street...taillights.htm
Only thing that turns me off about this is that it's not DOT approved. You wouldn't want to be involved in an accident and find yourself on the messy end of liability.

Old 05-16-2012, 07:07 AM
Nonstop Crunchy
Intermediate

I just put the adhesive Willie G Skull fuel cap on my Lo and I love the look but have a question. What is the process to remove the analogue gauge/cap from the other side? I am actually considering sticking on on that side too but I am sure it will hose the window of the gauge.
Thanks for any help

Old 05-16-2012, 07:24 AM
Deadanimal
Tourer

Originally Posted by Nonstop Crunchy
I just put the adhesive Willie G Skull fuel cap on my Lo and I love the look but have a question. What is the process to remove the analogue gauge/cap from the other side? I am actually considering sticking on on that side too but I am sure it will hose the window of the gauge.
Thanks for any help
You give it like a quarter twist and pull it up, and it has wires that run through a tube to the underside of tank to hook up underneath.

Old 05-16-2012, 07:29 AM
Kojax
Grand HDF Member
Received 139 Likes on 94 Posts
Smile

i put the dark custom number 1 gas cap emblem on my fatboy lo to match the rest of my dark custom pieces. i like the look to. i wish harley made more dark custom pieces. so far i have 4

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners