Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 01:37 AM
beasleyiv
Road Master
Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by chops103
here are some pics of my lo
Now that's a different look, I like it! Nice to see something different around here. That's one heck of a tank lift you got.

Edit: Just noticed the floorboards.

Old 07-31-2012, 02:13 AM
chops103
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE]Now that's a different look, I like it! Nice to see something different around here. That's one heck of a tank lift you got.

Edit: Just noticed the floorboards./QUOTE]

thanks man

Old 07-31-2012, 02:13 AM
chops103
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE]Now that's a different look, I like it! Nice to see something different around here. That's one heck of a tank lift you got.

Edit: Just noticed the floorboards./QUOTE]

thanks man

Old 07-31-2012, 03:05 AM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Welcome to the forum Chops103. Nice bike. I like the tank badges they go well with the look.

Old 07-31-2012, 07:56 AM
bigoil7
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default PCV map

Hey guys, just put new wood 555 cams in my lo, and it really made a difference in power and I'm loving it. The only problem is, the new PCV map seems to be running way too rich and it's killing my mileage (30 mpg) and I'm carboning up my plugs, even blowing a few black puffs of smoke from time to time. I have a message into Jamie at Fuel Moto, but really don't know if I should expect a leaner map. (they have been great by the way, I might just be impatient). Heading to Sturgis this weekend and wondered if anyone else might have a close match to my setup and a map I could load. Riding with a group 6 gallon baggers so they're going to get substantially further on a tank of gas anyhow. Got a 2011 Lo, SE-1 Breather, V&H 2-2 Big Radius exhaust, and the Wood TW-555 cams. Thanks for any help! Ride safe.

Update: Sure enough, just after posting this, Fuel Moto sent me a new map. Seems they just knocked all the numbers from 1250-4500 rpm and 10-20% throttle down 5 for a more effecient/leaner version of my map. That's the range most people spend the majority of their riding, so it makes sense. Thanks FM.

Last edited by bigoil7; 07-31-2012 at 01:24 PM. Reason: Update
Old 07-31-2012, 08:17 AM
holdontoyourumlauts
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey Chops, where did you get the hardware to do the tank lift? is it custom or something to buy off the shelf? thanks

Old 07-31-2012, 09:28 AM
iamawakenowtvm
Intermediate
Default Slide

Originally Posted by RightOnFatty
Are you describing what was happening to me the other day? You must be there looking at me riding from behind or some thing. Just barely moving from left to right in within a street lane, I had to hit the brake slightly to reduce some speed, and as my bike passing through the 'dark patch' in the middle of the lane, its tail started to wag from side to side! It scared the s**t out of me. I wasn't riding faster than 40 mph and the sky was bright, in the mid day at around 90F warm.
You obviously handled it the right way since I did not see "crash" in there somewhere...The vast majority of motorcycle accidents are not the operators fault...There are so many external factors that make a motorcycle's operation much different than that of a car, some obvious, but most not so obvious...

The single best thing you can do to avoid trouble is to always expect trouble...Meaning that your eyes "ride" way ahead of where you are at, not right in front of the bike...That increases your reaction time to unexpected events like you experienced...

Old 07-31-2012, 10:22 AM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by holdontoyourumlauts
hey Chops, where did you get the hardware to do the tank lift? is it custom or something to buy off the shelf? thanks
DK Customs makes a nice tank lift in several heights.
http://www.dkcustomproducts.com/Soft...t-Kits_c30.htm

Old 07-31-2012, 10:23 AM
SmokeyTN
Advanced

Originally Posted by chops103
here are some pics of my lo
Hey, what are those bars? They look great. I've kept my eye on a few different bars that would decrease my reach and save my back a little. I just haven't been able to drop the cash to have it done. It seems like it would be simple to do, but after parts and labor it seems to come out to around a grand.

Old 07-31-2012, 10:51 AM
Josewales
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Carlini freeways? Looks alot like mine.

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners