Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD & Marlboro man bike? Start with?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2013, 01:12 PM
Vette2k2
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I was rich, I would own one in a heart beat. Hands down one of the most awesome bikes ever. Im only 23, but I have watched that movie time and time again. Grew up with it. When I was working in Malaysia, I watched the last couple mins before the credits over and over where he gets the girl and rolls into it leaving the rodeo. That was the day I said "you know what, f*ck it. Im buying one when I get home."

Also, at the end of Avengers, Captain America is on a Slim. So I kinda have a Captain America bike! hahaha.

Old 02-02-2013, 01:34 PM
bkb5
Cruiser
Received 26 Likes on 9 Posts

Jevanof, WOW! Great job. Is that bike for sale? If so, how do I contact you and find out more about it. I had Black Death Motorcycles build me one several years ago. The bike looked awesome but man they did a horrible job on quality control. The tank leaked, the wiring sucked, and on, and on. I redid everything and sold it to a guy in Texas. I wish I would have kept it now.

Old 02-05-2013, 02:46 PM
jevanof
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dan at chopper dans in grand rapids michigan built it for a guy, not sure if its for sale but I know dan can build you one. Check out chopperdan.us and you can contact him there.

Old 02-07-2013, 04:09 PM
chopperdanscycles
Stage I

There are 3 bikes used to make the movie "Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man" ! being a jap bike used for the wheelie scene and nobody cares about that, another as a "stunt" bike and a 3rd bike that legend claims was Mickey's personal bike. Both FXR based bikes have extremely different parts on them. At no point in the movie, I have found where I can see the ugly is in sticker. But everyone puts one on there replica bike cause they see it in a museum. I choose to build a replica of the bike that is seen the most in the movie, in fact every seen but 2...

Old 02-07-2013, 10:59 PM
jevanof
Advanced

this is the best replica

Old 02-09-2013, 09:12 AM
baudyman
Stage I
Question Nice!!!

Very Nice Repro!! .... I am in the process of building one as well .... a little more rake and extension, raised the tank angle a little as well ...... I can't find matching reproduction rotors for the screaming eagle originals ..... any suggestions?? ....

Old 07-04-2014, 05:24 PM
Bohemian
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Here is my tribute bike to Harley Davidson and The Marlboro Man

1979 All Numbers Matching Genuine H-D FX Shovelhead

This is a Harley Davidson & the Marlboro Man Movie Inspired Tribute Bike, with the Rat Rod Faux Patina Look & Feel.
The movie bike was a FXR Rubber Mount, this one is a solid mount FX.
You have seen bike's like this built by Counts Kustoms, Gas Monkey and others for over $30,000.00.
  • 2,500 miles on Fresh Engine & 4 Speed Transmission, like frame Genuine H-D that came with this bike from Motor Company in 1979. No broken fins, cracks, welds or other repairs.
  • Factory Kick & Electric.
  • 88" CI Cubic Inches, 1,450 CC Cubic Centimeters. Fresh "Big Bore" 3-5/8 Standard Big Bore S&S Pistons & Cylinders. S&S Sidewinder Kit
    4-1/4" Stroke S&S Flywheels, H-D Rods.
  • Made in USA Mustang Solo Seat, with rear passenger pillion never mounted, still new in box.
  • Solid, one of a kind strut-less mounted rear fender.
  • 16" 40 spoke Rear Wheel, 21" 40 spoke Front Wheel with Avon Rubber.
  • Dual Disc Genuine H-D Calipers, Brakes on front, Genuine H-D Banana Caliper, single disc on back.
  • 41mm Genuine H-D Wide Glide Front End.
  • 11mm Primo-Rivera Brute 1-1/2" Enclosed Belt Drive.
  • Primo-Rivera Billet Pro-Clutch.
  • Primo-Rivera Heavy Duty 356-T6 Inner Primary.
    . . New and improved inner primary, beefier and stronger than ever.
    . . These are 4 lbs. heavier than stock H-D or any of the tawain c.r.a.p.o.l.a.
    . . Proudly made in the USA.
  • S&S Super E Carb & S&S Tear Drop Air Cleaner.
  • Brand New Chain Final Drive, Sprockets & LBV Chain Tensioner.
  • Note All Final Drive & Primary Pieces are brand new 100% made in USA parts!
  • New Cats-eye dash & speedo.
  • 1.4 kW Hi-Torque Billet Spyke Starter.
  • Billet Manual Lever-Action Starter Solenoid, replaces that jinky one that keeps burning up itself, wires, batterys, starters, leaving you in smoke and flames on the side of the road etc.
  • New AGM 325 CCA, Acid, Liquid Free Battery.
  • Billet Forward Controls, with rubber
  • Billet Arlen Ness Mirrors
  • Thermo-Tec Wrapped 1-3/4x40 Cycle Shack Drag Pipes, made in USA, The pipes on THIS SHOVELHEAD won't burn your legs, and they look very cool to boot.
  • Through no small amount of attention to detail during recent overhaul this Wide Glide Shovelhead Does not leak or burn oil or smoke OR have exhaust leaks! hard to find shovel heads that can demonstrate that!

Yeah its for sale...

You can come cash & carry it direct from my house in Las Vegas, Nevada if you want to save some dough on shipping.

This is a Genuine H-D, Title, Frame, Engine & belly Numbers Matching, Swing-Arm Harley Davidson FX .
This is Not a special construction, Not re-constructed, Not Salvage, this is a REAL HARLEY-DAVIDSON and is titled as such.

35 Thirty Five Year Old Plus Genuine OEM Title, Engine, Cases, Frame, Numbers, Matching H-D Shovelheads without broken fins, cracks, welds, repairs are few & far between to say the least.

IF you are looking for a Real Genuine OEM Factory H-D Kick & Electric Old School Cool, Fast & Loud Harley-Davidson Big Bore, Big Twin that stands out from all the rest on bike night or bike week, and DEPENDABLE, RELIABLE enough to get you to Sturgis and back or coast to coast then you found it.

I rode it from Vegas to Sturgis and back last August myself.

P/M me if interested.

Attached Thumbnails HD & Marlboro man bike? Start with?-79-fxe-24.jpg   HD & Marlboro man bike? Start with?-79-fxe-28.jpg   HD & Marlboro man bike? Start with?-79-fxe-5.jpg   HD & Marlboro man bike? Start with?-79-fxe-6.jpg   HD & Marlboro man bike? Start with?-79-fxe-14.jpg  

Last edited by Bohemian; 07-04-2014 at 05:34 PM.
Old 07-04-2014, 07:27 PM
Bulldog10
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very cool, Bohemian. I can't imagine 500 miles a day on that sort of bike. Credit to you. I don't think rigids are that bad, but that seat has to suck.

Old 07-04-2014, 07:39 PM
paulmj
Tourer
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Awesome film.

Old 07-05-2014, 08:41 AM
bobbyfatboyg
Advanced
Default Mike, did you build it? I rode with Chuck Zito on the movie bike in '12!

Great looking bike. I will post some pics when my Smartphone will let me upload pics to mobile site. It keeps freezing at the CHOOSE FILE spot??? Fix.? Do i need to allow more tabs or something?

Quick Reply: HD & Marlboro man bike? Start with?