Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TSSM Problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 03:29 PM
UnSafe
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TSSM Problem

Got the TSSM installed in my '02 FLSTF (Carb) and set it up last month. Everything works like it should BUT when I attempt the manual disarm procedure, It's not working. Followed the instructions, entered (And confirmed that) my number code has been entered.

When I follow the manual disarm sequence:
Starting with security armed- Handlebar run switch off- Turn ignition switch to ACC- press both turn signal buttons and hold until the security light responds- The security light immediately flashes rapidly, which indicates an input error? I tried holding both buttons down for a minute, no change.

Everything else works fine, leading me to believe that I'm the weak link in the system. Anyone have an idea of what might make it work correctly? Would hate to misplace my one fob and end up being permanently locked out.

I kind of wonder if the abbreviated initial setup for carbureted bikes somehow changes the requirements for manual disarming, but that's more than likely just me thinking too hard.