Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

V&H Big Radius 2 into 2 pipes loud?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 05:33 PM
jbg
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V&H Big Radius 2 into 2 pipes loud?

I've currently got the V&H Double Barrel Longs on my Deluxe and the Slip ons on my Sportster. I'm trading in the Sportster for a Fat Boy Lo and want to put the BR 2-2 pipes on it...

Can you tell me how these new pipes compare in loudness? Are they REALLY loud or equal to the slip ons or ?????

Old 05-11-2010, 05:37 PM
AR-15 DEUCE
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The Fat Boy will be nice...I love my VH Big Radius..and yeah they are loud,just they way I like it...hear me comin loud

Old 05-11-2010, 05:38 PM
coronerrpm
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Just put mine on yesterday. Sounds GREAT. Had them on my deuce but sounds so much better on my fat boy. Took an hour and a half to do but worth it. Nice deep rumble and loud when they need to be.

Old 05-11-2010, 06:04 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

They will be louder due to the fact that they are shorter. I think you will like them. Hit me up for discounted forum pricing. Just right soundwise for most.

Drew

Old 05-12-2010, 02:45 AM
kiwideuce
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 115 Likes on 86 Posts

my friend has em on his fatty and there considerably louder then my 2 into 1s

Old 05-12-2010, 04:00 AM
jbg
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by kiwideuce
my friend has em on his fatty and there considerably louder then my 2 into 1s
They too loud? I like some sound, but I don't want to have to push the bike down the street every morning so I won't **** off my neighbors?

Old 05-12-2010, 07:00 AM
In Memoriam Citoriplus
May our Moderator Rest in Peace
Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

If your really worried about it, just go down to the nearest bike hang out and sheck it oout. The odds are fairly good that someone will have the same pipes, they are very popular and give a listen when he or she takes off. Then you'll know for sure.

IMHO they are going to be loud, just right for me. But if you don't twist the throttle too hard you should be fine in your own neighborhood.

They are not nearly as loud as drag pipes would be, the first time you fire the bike up on a quiet morning its going to make you feel a little parinoid.

These newer bikes with their bigger engines do seem to make more noise, what's good for us is that they seem to have a lower pitch than the older 74 and 80 inch EVO's and Shovelheads, especialy when they were fitted with cams and drag pipes.

Nearly stock (88 & 96 inch) Twin Cams sound great, but the first time you crank one up with two into two's. Your first thought is going to be wondering how many complaints you'll be getting from the permenent residents of the nearest grave yard.

Just take it easy for the first mile or so leaving, its not too smart to jump on the engine too hard until it warms up completely anyway and you'll be OK.

Old 05-12-2010, 08:24 AM
brettnbama
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had em on my Road King, they sounded good. They look awesome, sound great, but it seems like they are becoming the Softail's uniform....

Old 05-12-2010, 11:20 AM
jbg
Road Warrior

Thank you very much Citoriplus! That's good info. I don't mind loud...I just need to be able to control it. And the V&H slip ons I have on the Sportster now aren't quiet.

Do you guys know if the Big Radius 2 into 1 pipes require you to move the passenger peg up a little?

Old 05-12-2010, 12:08 PM
brettnbama
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yes I believe it does.....

Quick Reply: V&H Big Radius 2 into 2 pipes loud?