Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Softail Standard to Bagger Conversion (progress)

Old 05-16-2010, 12:12 AM
rlowride
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Sweet!!!!!

Old 05-16-2010, 12:43 AM
kiwideuce
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 115 Likes on 86 Posts

the photoshop looks good,nice project

Old 05-16-2010, 06:48 PM
purecountry13b
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gonna try something similar to my Xbones, but everything will be quick disconnect so that when I get where I'm going, it will all come off. If you really want to **** off the wife, put on HD cruise control. Here's the link for Softy's. http://www.cruisemount.com/index.html

Old 05-16-2010, 07:00 PM
Tom84FXST
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 18,163 Likes on 5,391 Posts

That's going to be cool!!!

Old 05-16-2010, 07:37 PM
cosshog
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Question- Did the Fat Boy rear fender mount with no mods or did you have to make some changes? I have been wanting that rear fender for awhile and have been unable to get a straight answer.

Old 05-16-2010, 07:47 PM
richmac64
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cosshog
Question- Did the Fat Boy rear fender mount with no mods or did you have to make some changes? I have been wanting that rear fender for awhile and have been unable to get a straight answer.
Should be a straight bolt on. Mine is a 2006 with the wide tire but I had to use the 2007+ Fatboy fender for it to fit.

Old 05-16-2010, 08:15 PM
miketedesco
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cosshog
My bike is an 04. The fender itself was pretty much a straight bolt on. I did have to do a litttle trimming on the brackets that go inside the fender. I used a 2.5" pneumatic die grinder to do that. Very simple mod overall. I did have trouble getting the harnesses appart to pull the wires through the rubber sleeve inside the fender. The only other thing that gave a little trouble was the stock signal wires were too short. Luckily since I am going to run hard bags I had to reocate anyway so I went with the SG signal bar on the fender. After the fender was on I debated for 3 weeks about drilling those 2 holes for the signal bar.

My fairing uses 4 of the windshield quick clamps. I am trying to make the saddle bag brackets quick disconnect too. I am not sure how thats gonna work out. The filler panel wont be quick disconnect since that will be 2 face taped on.

I'll have to check out that cruise. I really want cruise but the only kits Ive found require an ugly box to go on the side of the bike. I was going to just go with the Kuryakyn electronic throtle lock.

Old 05-17-2010, 08:28 AM
cosshog
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks I think I will be adding the fender in the winter.

Old 05-26-2010, 06:18 PM
kelhogan
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice work. I love that look

Old 06-03-2010, 12:53 PM
miketedesco
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

So, I just got back from my trip all over the east coast this morning. Now its time to start tearing in to step 2 of this conversion....exhaust/bags.

I have done some mocking up of where I want the pipes and bags to set. I am making cardboard templates for my exhaust brackets since Bassani includes the brackets with the mufflers, not the headers and I am not using Bassani's mufflers, so that means I am on my own for brackets I guess. Once the exhaust is done and bolted up I will start fabbing the brackets for the bags (same style as cycle visions)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Softail Standard to Bagger Conversion (progress)