Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heartland kit...Worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2010, 09:48 AM
JRs08Rocker
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heartland kit...Worth it?

I am getting ready to drop some money into my rocker and the first thing to go is the seat. I really like the look of the heartland kit but 2 grand, or should I go with the Danny Grey seat which is cheaper?

Old 05-22-2010, 11:04 AM
Jaxx
Tourer

Depends how much money you have and how much you want to spend. The Heartland kit is definitely sweet, but I decided that I could do a pile of mods for that money.

I got my RSD exhaust (used), Danny Grey seat, TTS Mastertune, mirrors, pegs, Roto-Plate, Carlini bars (used but perfect), Tracker grips (out of box but new), Heat Demon grips, shifter peg and slotted lever, signal light relocators, 2 factory back fenders used (ebay) to do chops on, and my Daytona 3/4 helmet with bubble shield for the price of the heartland.

I don't mind the slight gap that is left while parked with the Danny Gray and when I am sitting on it, the gap is gone. The Heartland is definitely pimp but just not feasible for the $$$ in my opinion.

Edit: Forgot to include my new Dunlop Elite tires listes in my sig, Cobra II headlight, and Heartland front fender. All this for the price of the Heartland rear fender kit. Like I said the kit is great, but if you have a limited budget or don't want to sink a pile of money into your bike during the current economy, you can totally transform the rest of your bike for the same price as that kit.... Worth it, all depends on your income and priorities...

Last edited by Jaxx; 05-22-2010 at 02:20 PM.
Old 05-22-2010, 11:37 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

The heartland kit is worth it as it is a very well thought out and engineered product. I can get you a nice discount on it as well. I think it looks sick on the Rocker. It takes all the guess work out of changing the fender and struts. I can also get you the Danny gray seat at a nice discount. Shoot me part numbers and I will get you pricing via PM or email.

Drew

Old 05-22-2010, 02:51 PM
JRs08Rocker
Novice

Thanks guys for the info Drew I sent you a email.

Old 05-22-2010, 06:00 PM
m i k e
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

man the more i read these type o threads the more i
want to start a homemade heartland kit for folks
save some cash
jaxx good move that is a chit load of parts VS heartland!

Old 05-22-2010, 06:08 PM
Alain
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

you wont regret the danny gray seat. it's cheaper and you get almost the same look as the Heartland kit. i would go with the danny gray seat for now and spend the rest of dough on other mods. then down the road go for the heartland kit and make some money off the danny gray seat. that's what i did. i've rocked the danny gray for two seasons now and i'm still in love with the look and comfort of it but eventually i'm gonna go the heartland route.

Old 05-22-2010, 06:52 PM
Jaxx
Tourer

Originally Posted by m i k e
man the more i read these type o threads the more i
want to start a homemade heartland kit for folks
save some cash
jaxx good move that is a chit load of parts VS heartland!

Thanks man. I did alot of looking and waiting for the right part to come up used or on sale. Figure I have just under $2300 in parts listed above and I have read most guys have a little more then that into just the kit and the paint for the back fender. Like I said, I love the kit but I just can't justify when I see all the mods I have accumulated compared to what is offered for the Heartland Kit. It it was half the price, I would be all for it.

Old 05-22-2010, 07:00 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

The thing I like so much about the Heartland kit besides the simplicity of the install is the chrome struts. I always thought the Rocker looked kind of strange without struts. But that being said, it is not inexpensive. If you sent an email I will respond when it comes to my inbox or you can email me direct at anubisss@yahoo.com The drvtwin email is a company email and I can only get that when it gets forwarded to me on the weekends.

Drew

Old 05-22-2010, 07:01 PM
Rocker_Dan
Road Warrior
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Eveyone is different, I had a custom seat made like the Danny gray but I was never totally happy with the look, I stand back and look now and am glad I dropped the 3k on it(I'm in Oz so shipping was a killer) it works so well on the bike and when it's 2 up time it's a 20 second job, and it doubles nicely a luggage rack.

So yes it is worth it, you can add all the bling you want but it won't make the impact this kit makes to your ride...

....hmm except for wheels...maybe...

Old 05-22-2010, 07:22 PM
08rock
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I just bought and am in the process of painting the heartland kit. It fixes everything thats wrong with the Rocker, it is worth the money.
PS I got my kit form DR VTWIN great price and service he's the man.

Quick Reply: Heartland kit...Worth it?