Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

*Need old school exhaust ideas*

Old 05-26-2010, 07:50 PM
BigSeaDaddy
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rowdy82
I do the these, but not sure about where to start looking for them.
Custom Chrome sales the trumpet mufflers but you are going to have to piece it together as I know of no one that has the full exhaust for your bike. I think it should be fairly easy.

Would look cool. I also ran across this discussion in the sporty side but it will give you and idea.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/sport...nightster.html

Old 05-26-2010, 09:32 PM
chad pickens
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like these but Im biased. Hey there cheap too 105.00 thru jireh cycles .cut em ,wrap em or paint em at 105.00 they are cheap enough to tinker with !

Old 05-27-2010, 12:17 AM
SumYoungGuy
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the RSD tracker is too contemporary for your bike. I run darkside hooker rebels on my bike and like them. For your bike i think Hooker Fourbiddens would be awesome.

Old 05-27-2010, 11:10 AM
magna
Stellar HDF Member
Received 236 Likes on 145 Posts

Rick Doss used to make shotguns with trumpet ends,ive got them on a nightrain,theyed look good on a crossbones,you would have to check wether he still makes them,i got them from Custom Chrome.

Old 05-27-2010, 11:27 AM
RedBen
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rowdy82
Hey poco, man you have my brain spinning 7 different ways right now. I never really thought about the fact that old school means something different to everyone. I like the upswepts just not the ones that have the fishtails on them. I do the these, but not sure about where to start looking for them. Thanks for making me think a little, thats what i was hoping for. Also like the RSD but like you said that is more modern day old school (if that makes any since). thanks guys
I believe those are Paughco. They have them for softails too. Do a search on here (or use google) for Paughco upsweep bell tips. Someone on here has them on a Cross bones.

Old 05-27-2010, 03:19 PM
Jim Kraft
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 113 Likes on 40 Posts

1&3/4" slash cut drag pipes. Great sound, good looks, pretty much old school. Performance is good on my EVO.

Attached Thumbnails *Need old school exhaust ideas*-harley-with-new-seat-007.jpg   *Need old school exhaust ideas*-hd-softail-custom-2.jpg  
Old 05-27-2010, 03:43 PM
M THE ROCK
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by micahpop
How 'bout these? Maybe wrapped?

+1

Old 05-27-2010, 03:57 PM
Trex
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Run the stock for your bike head pipes with this flex tube on em and the trumpet mufflers.

Attached Thumbnails *Need old school exhaust ideas*-exhaustcover.jpg   *Need old school exhaust ideas*-0695.jpg  
Old 05-27-2010, 03:58 PM
Lundee
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Be fore warned man. These pipes hang way low. I smashed mine all to shiz. Had to chop and section them. Raised them up almost 4" to keep them from bangin. Low bike = no go. I dig any upsweeps on a cross bones. Cocktail shakers would be awesome!

Attached Thumbnails *Need old school exhaust ideas*-night-train-project-062.jpg  
Old 05-27-2010, 06:40 PM
chad pickens
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Lundee
Be fore warned man. These pipes hang way low. I smashed mine all to shiz. Had to chop and section them. Raised them up almost 4" to keep them from bangin. Low bike = no go. I dig any upsweeps on a cross bones. Cocktail shakers would be awesome!
I was able to reposition them on mine. I moved them in about 3/4 and up almost 1" it seems to have made a big difference. they did drag alot before but I havent drug them since

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: *Need old school exhaust ideas*