Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leather Lid Inserts Saddlebag Inserts? Anyone use these?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 07:53 PM
chrisangie
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im getting ready to buy a set for my bike as well so info would b greatly appreciated

Old 08-06-2010, 07:55 PM
lrsmith62
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Use Pappa Bags inserts! I bought the leather lids and they are a pain to install....the PappaBags are easy and work great!!! Google his website....direct purchase only I think.

Old 08-07-2010, 01:16 AM
ArmyMechanic
Intermediate

I have boss bags, just saying you cannot go wrong with the quality of their work and craftsmanship! Top Notch!

Old 08-20-2010, 09:32 AM
scott060462
Intermediate

I installed the Leather Lid Inserts yesterday, or at least tried to. The inside tops sort of fit OK, but had to trim off some of it. There are separate panels that go in the front and rear of each bad that I can't get to go into place. I would say these probably work well when the bags are new or near new. Any shrinkage and you need to trim down the parts to get them to fit. The instructions are poorly written and have been copied so many times you can't see the pictures. The online instructions are much more clear. Overall I would say I would not do these again. This is just my opinion. If anyone wants to see some pictures just let me know and I can email them.

Old 11-30-2010, 09:16 PM
BC from NJ
Stage I
Default Don't buy Leather Lid inserts

I'm a retired tool and die maker and consider myself very capable to alter/correct products that are not as advertised but the Leather Lid inserts deflated my ego as I could not get them to properly install. I found these to be extremely difficult to install and would advise all to not purchase them as I have now wasted both time and money. Very disappointed that my HD Heritage bags still look like @#$%. Starting my search all over again for a solution that easily works.... or maybe just buying new bags

Old 12-01-2010, 08:43 AM
rbg00600
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default boss bags

I sent my bags to Boss Bags and am extremely happy with the job they did.

Old 12-01-2010, 04:21 PM
chrisangie
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought the Leather lids as well, they was tough to install. I found it to work if u use saddle soap to grease the seams and slide them n from the top down. They look good and work as i wanted them to, but my bags was new so no shinkage. I dont think if they was any smaller at all i would have been able to have got them in.

Old 12-01-2010, 05:32 PM
fcsallan
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow, I'm glad mine were not so hard. I used the "gotsaggybags.com" ones and they were brilliant. I won't say easy to install but if you follow their instructions it all goes as instructed.

I looked at the boss bits but I din't like fact that they go in with Rivets. Leather is not exactly waterproof as it is, I didn't want more holes in them.

Old 12-01-2010, 06:18 PM
2011 Street Glide
Intermediate

I had my '04 Heritage done in 04 and when I trade it in they looked just like they did when it come off the show room floor. The lock comes in handy and you won't have to worry about having saggy bags anymore. If you have let your bags get wet and shrink they (BossBags) says they wont be able to install the inserts. Also if you go with boss bags make sure you get the longer buckle.

Old 04-21-2014, 05:08 AM
mack36
Stage I

I know if you order them to do yourself they will charge you a 17.29 UPS shipping fee and then send it via US mail service costing only 9.90 and then when you mention it to them they will tell you that you don't know what it takes to ship things and insinuate that you don't know what your talking about. They are arrogant. There are 2 of them Derek and Ray.

Quick Reply: Leather Lid Inserts Saddlebag Inserts? Anyone use these?