Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2008 Heritage Factory security system with no siron

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 12:31 AM
pacificrider
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Heritage Factory security system with no siron

Just bought a used 2008 FTLSC with Factory alarm with the Key Fob. However there is no cherping or Siren sound.
Where would I find the siren? And if I don't have one, where is the alarm and how can I add the siren?

Old 06-14-2010, 01:09 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts
Old 06-14-2010, 01:45 AM
pacificrider
Advanced

DR. V Twin, I am local (North Hollywood). Do you guys sell this siren and can you install it?

Old 06-14-2010, 09:58 AM
Joe Diver
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's not hard to install at all....I got the Harley siren because it has a built in FM transmitter...transmits to a FOB that beeps with the alarm.

The Harley siren snaps into place...on Softails, drop the rear fender liner enough to get your hand in there, and snap it into place. Put the liner back and done.

Old 06-16-2010, 05:33 PM
pacificrider
Advanced

Anyone knows what the part# is for the 2008 Heritage's Smart Siren? There seems to be ton of them and some of them Have an "a" at the end of the part #.

Old 06-16-2010, 09:56 PM
deadeye
Road Warrior
Received 92 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Diver
It's not hard to install at all....I got the Harley siren because it has a built in FM transmitter...transmits to a FOB that beeps with the alarm.

The Harley siren snaps into place...on Softails, drop the rear fender liner enough to get your hand in there, and snap it into place. Put the liner back and done.
+1 very easy install, just a few minutes. I was surprised it was not included with the stock alarm system for the bike. Its a real rip-off to sell it separately.

Old 06-16-2010, 10:07 PM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by deadeye
+1 very easy install, just a few minutes. I was surprised it was not included with the stock alarm system for the bike. Its a real rip-off to sell it separately.
I paid $300 extra for the stock alarm system when I put a deposit on the bike.
Wasn't happy to find it wasn't included.

Old 06-17-2010, 09:33 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

I can get you the siren and install it, but it is a very easy install. Remove the rear splash guard (two bolts) plug in the siren and zip tie it in place. I'd almost feel guilty charging to install it. Come by and buy it and I'll help you install it for free. I think the siren is $99.

Drew

Old 06-18-2010, 01:47 AM
pacificrider
Advanced

Originally Posted by DR. V-TWIN
I can get you the siren and install it, but it is a very easy install. Remove the rear splash guard (two bolts) plug in the siren and zip tie it in place. I'd almost feel guilty charging to install it. Come by and buy it and I'll help you install it for free. I think the siren is $99.

Drew

Thanks Drew. I will come by.

Old 07-25-2010, 02:56 PM
Bluetick
Intermediate
Default 2008 Heritage Classice Siren II Clarification

I just installed the Siren II on my 2008 Heritage Classic, and there are a few things to note: First of all the instructions and diagram that came with the siren II have a few errors in the instructions and the diagram. Part No. 68328-06A has the instructions for 2003 and newer softail models:

First, the instructions say to remove two bolts from the bottom of the fender shield, but there is only ONE bolt to remove.

Second, the diagram that is shown in the instructions is not correct for the 2008 Heritage Classic. Once I got the inner fender shield removed... it just does not look like the diagram.

I have posted two photos that show the existing security plug that hopefully will help anyone else who get confused. The Siren II actually snaps into an area about 4" below where the exiting connection is. You have to install the Siren II with the connection on the top of the siren (the instructions show the opposite). It was very easy to intall and I did not have to jack up the bike to remove the fender guard. Finding an area under the seat to install the transmitter wire was a little tricky, but it will work if you move a few wires around.

I hope these notes and photos will help.

Attached Thumbnails 2008 Heritage Factory security system with no siron-flstc08-sirenii-1.jpg   2008 Heritage Factory security system with no siron-flstc08-sirenii-2jpg.jpg