Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bassani pro street exhaust

Old 07-02-2010, 07:51 PM
dhein7
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for the help guys

Old 07-02-2010, 10:16 PM
Dark Horse
Cruiser

Check out my album if you want. You may want to consider wrapping them...although you're not "supposed" to according to Bassani. More on that in a minute...

I loved the look of them, plus you can have bags and a passenger...which was the 3 primary reasons I went with them. They sound pretty good too...though a little more back pressure might actually improve that "pop" a little...but I still set off my fair share of car alarms. Besides, the less you hear them on the highway, the easier your engine is working = better mileage.

Now...what I DON'T like... I put them on at 1K along w/ PCIII (before PCV was available, crap!) and the S&S teardrop. I wrapped them with DEI exhaust tape and used the black silicone spray sealer. About a 13 months after installation, I had the bike in the air for maintenance and noticed pinhole rusting about a 1/4" behind the weld at the 2 1/2" pipe. Understandably I was pretty f'n pissed off that I dropped almost $600 on these pipes only to have them rust through in a year....and its not like I ride it around the block once a week and park it to let the condensation build up.
I called my dealer, explained the problem and sent photos. They, in turn contacted Bassani, who declined to replace them because the noticed in the photos that I had wrapped them. But, they "graciously" offered a replacement at cost. I didn't have the cash at the time so I dropped the issue.
As well...over the past year (2nd year of use) the black coating seemed to burn off pretty quickly.

Anyway, I took a Scotch Brite pad to them, knocked the rust off and recoated with flat black flame-proof exhaust paint. They're still wrapped and still look/sound good. If the pinhole gets worse, then I guess I'll have to get something new...and it won't be Bassani.

Old 07-03-2010, 10:39 AM
dhein7
Intermediate

anybody know how the quality of the chrome is?

Old 07-03-2010, 10:44 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Bassani's chrome is top notch.

Old 07-03-2010, 01:51 PM
jtmurph00
Road Captain

Ive had 3 sets of bassani pipes over the years. Their construction is the best around, their chrome is great. Their black ceramic is another story though, if you want black buy chrome and paint it yourself, it'll be less hassle.

Old 09-29-2014, 11:08 PM
wumhenry
Advanced

Originally Posted by Dark Horse
Check out my album if you want. You may want to consider wrapping them...although you're not "supposed" to according to Bassani. More on that in a minute...

Now...what I DON'T like... I wrapped them with DEI exhaust tape and used the black silicone spray sealer. About a 13 months after installation, I had the bike in the air for maintenance and noticed pinhole rusting about a 1/4" behind the weld at the 2 1/2" pipe. Understandably I was pretty f'n pissed off that I dropped almost $600 on these pipes only to have them rust through in a year....and its not like I ride it around the block once a week and park it to let the condensation build up.
I called my dealer, explained the problem and sent photos. They, in turn contacted Bassani, who declined to replace them because the noticed in the photos that I had wrapped them. But, they "graciously" offered a replacement at cost. I didn't have the cash at the time so I dropped the issue.
As well...over the past year (2nd year of use) the black coating seemed to burn off pretty quickly.

Anyway, I took a Scotch Brite pad to them, knocked the rust off and recoated with flat black flame-proof exhaust paint. They're still wrapped and still look/sound good. If the pinhole gets worse, then I guess I'll have to get something new...and it won't be Bassani.
Vance&Hines also recommends against wrapping their pipes. The reason: it makes the pipes hotter by preventing them from radiating heat, which isn't good for the pipes and might be the cause of your problems with the Bassanis.

Old 09-30-2014, 12:11 AM
asputin
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I do really like the sound of them..But after just a year the black looks like shiit Ill coat them soon