Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heritage Classic or Deluxe

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 09:57 PM
RideAR
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heritage Classic or Deluxe

Ok, any comments on the Heritage Classic versus the Deluxe? Love the look of the Deluxe but was wondering what the biggest difference is in the ride. The Deluxe does feel a bit smaller and I am 6' tall. Not sure if there is that much difference. Thoughts???

Old 07-12-2010, 10:12 PM
Rancherat
2nd Gear

I've got a Deluxe that I really do like. It looks a little cleaner as far as not having the studs on the seat and such. The ride is excellent also, but both are great machines.

Old 07-13-2010, 12:00 AM
Other Sheep
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

The biggest difference I found in the ride is you can carry a lot of stuff in the saddlebags on the heritage. They're basically the same bike with different equipment options so the ride quality is going to be about the same on either bike.

Old 07-13-2010, 12:01 AM
Bowtieman31
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Both bikes are great bikes. The Deluxe has a lower seat height than the Heritage, but not by much. I think they ride and handle the same. I'm partial to the Heritage, owned two of them, I don't think you can go wrong with either one.

Old 07-13-2010, 03:15 AM
Notorious688
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Heritage if you like the frillies and studs and the old, classic look. Deluxe if you like most of the Heritage but you don't like frillies, studs, and you want the old classic look a little understated with the muted bags.

Old 07-13-2010, 04:48 AM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,364 Likes on 2,619 Posts

If you are buying new, the Heritage is something like $200 more and you get bags and a windshield, but they are essentially the same bike. Get the Heritage, and when you want it to be a Deluxe, take the bags and windshield off.

Old 07-13-2010, 04:58 AM
Phantomryder
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I asked myself the same question about what model to purchase. I wanted the look of the deluxe but needed bags and a windshield. After pricing the bags and windshield for the deluxe, I opted to purchase a 2010 Heritage this past Friday. I got a very good deal and got all the accessories I wanted too. The deluxe is lowered and I found myself scrapping the floorboards at turns. The bags that are on the Heritage will hold more volume than the set that Harley sells. I know their are aftermarket bags but you may have to change out the exhaust. So if looks are more important, then the Deluxe is the way to go. If you want the maximize your purchase, go with the Heritage. I am glad I did. Just my 2 cents...

Old 07-13-2010, 06:55 AM
jimmers1817
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Deluxe sits an inch lower than Heritage: ride will be a bit stiffer and depending on how you ride you may scrape the boards more.

Exhaust is higher on the Deluxe which affects saddlebag choice.

Stock pillion is not as padded as on the Heritage and combined with the lower suspension makes for a rough passenger experience.

Many say the Deluxe stock rider seat is not as comfortable as the stock Heritage one.

Not a whole lot of difference. But I'd say for 2up riding the Heritage has an edge.

Old 07-13-2010, 10:01 AM
plutnicki
Road Master
Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts

I think the only "mechanical" difference, as others have mentioned, is the ride height and associated compromises.

There are "fit" differences, seats, handlebars for example.

There are many "visual" differences like tailights, turn signals, paint options, fenders, studs.

For me, I don't like studs, so the seat and bags would have had to go. The stock windshield is too high for me, so it would have had to be cut down or replaced. I like the "bullet" style signals more than the disc style...

I'm 5'8", the Deluxe fits me just right. I have a hard time seeing a 6' comfortable without changing the seat at least on the Deluxe to get your further back. But that's me.

Which bike fits you better, and which do you like the styling of better?

Old 07-13-2010, 10:10 AM
hotrodsandharleys73
Road Master
Wink

I love the tombstone tail light on the Deluxe and the trim in the fender tips. If I were choosing between the 2 I would go with the Deluxe. With the light bar and front fender on the Heritage looking just like an Electra-Glide you might as well buy the bagger. At least they don't look like someone took a Bedazzler to them

Quick Reply: Heritage Classic or Deluxe