Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Backrest for 2010 Fatboy

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 09:06 AM
AusMongrel
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Backrest for 2010 Fatboy

Hello from Down Under!!

I have just picked up my new 2010 Fatboy - My first Harley, and as I do a lot of long distance riding, is there a drivers BackRest available for the stock seat??

I have a looked at the Mustang seat with drivers backrest, but I like the look of the stock seat. Would be good if there was a backrest I could just put on for the long trips.

Any ideas??

Cheers
-J

Old 07-30-2010, 11:55 AM
myfhfb06
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check out Fire House Customs

Old 07-30-2010, 03:24 PM
CycleDrider
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well there is a Kuryakin item that bolts to the struts. It was pretty expensive, I was half way ino a new seat by the time if I had bought that setup. I landed up getting the mustang sport studded seat. Its a super comfortable seat and the back rest is removable.

Old 07-30-2010, 05:51 PM
AusMongrel
Cruiser

Thanks lads! I will check it out!

I have been thinking of a Mustang seat myself. I would be interested in how you find it?

Old 07-30-2010, 07:45 PM
brucel
6th Gear

I have a firehouse customs backrest for my heritage classic. It is inexpensive, well made and looks great. It has made my ride much more comfortable. They deliver to Oz and the service was excellent

Old 07-30-2010, 08:19 PM
AusMongrel
Cruiser

Thanks!! The only issue is their sites states you can use the stock passenger seat on the 2010 model.

Old 07-31-2010, 08:04 PM
brucel
6th Gear

It's true that you have to take the passenger seat off on the 2010 model, which is really easy, even for a technically challenged moron like myself. Just loosen the screw at the back and the passenger pad slides out). I have done so, installed the seat, which was also idiot proof, and put a fender bib on the rear fender (about $50 from Cruisercustomising.com.) It gives the bike a whole new look- more old school--really cool.

Old 08-01-2010, 04:24 AM
brucel
6th Gear

Here's a couple of pics of the backrest on my bike. The rest cannot be adjusted but it suits my back perfectly. I have been on a couple of 200K rides and the difference is amazing. If you go with the mustang seat, be aware that is moves you forward on the bike, which will be a problem if you are tall. Hope this helps. ride safe!!

Attached Thumbnails Backrest for 2010 Fatboy-harley-pics.jpg   Backrest for 2010 Fatboy-harley-pics-2-.jpg  
Old 08-01-2010, 05:00 AM
jimmers1817
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I have the Mustang 17.5 touring seat w/backrest. The width is good for touring but I prefer my stock Heritage seat for everyday riding.

I also tried the FH backrest and it's a decent product and probably a good choice if you definitely know you don't want to change out your stock seat.

There are fitting problems with the 10 models, don't know if that includes your FB or not. But I would suspect that the pass pillion can be easily modified either DIY or by a leather shop to make it fit. There was a recent post from someone who was able to do that for his Mustang seat which also won't work with the stock pillion.

Old 08-01-2010, 05:50 AM
AusMongrel
Cruiser

Originally Posted by brucel
Here's a couple of pics of the backrest on my bike. The rest cannot be adjusted but it suits my back perfectly. I have been on a couple of 200K rides and the difference is amazing. If you go with the mustang seat, be aware that is moves you forward on the bike, which will be a problem if you are tall. Hope this helps. ride safe!!
Thanks mate.

I cant see the pics yet... have not been here more than 5 days.

A few more days and I guess I will be oK.

Quick Reply: Backrest for 2010 Fatboy