Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mounting Heritage Springer bags on Deluxe?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 10:06 PM
flh80
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You might burn the right one with those pipes, It'll be right in the firing line

Old 08-04-2010, 05:08 PM
Santo
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by flh80
You might burn the right one with those pipes, It'll be right in the firing line

I'm changing to true duels before I install the bags...

Old 08-04-2010, 08:10 PM
Mike NY
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I changed the Fender Struts and use Bubba's Brake Quick Disconnect system. Nicest bags but they look big but are really not inside.

Mike
NY

Old 08-05-2010, 08:47 AM
walknomor
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try ghost brackets I used them to mount springer bags on my deluxe, no drilling or changing of the struts is necessary

Old 08-17-2010, 05:31 PM
Santo
Road Warrior

Got them mounted, I made my own brackets to mount directly on to my docking station. That way I could still mount my rack and other items with the bags mounted. They are hard mounted but it takes about 2 minutes per side to remove. I didnt want to change my struts or drill thru them. Im very happy with the way they turned out for under $10 bucks..

Attached Thumbnails Mounting Heritage Springer bags on Deluxe?-softail-bagger-006.jpg   Mounting Heritage Springer bags on Deluxe?-softail-bagger-009.jpg   Mounting Heritage Springer bags on Deluxe?-softail-bagger-005.jpg  
Old 08-17-2010, 07:51 PM
ElSupremo
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Those look nice. Got any pics of the brackets you made? Does it mae them stick out any further than stock?

Old 08-17-2010, 11:20 PM
Santo
Road Warrior

They stick out about 1" away from the strut. Here are a few picks of the brackets. I used 1/8 inch flat stock. In one of the picks the braket looks uneven but I fixed it to be level so the top of the bag is even with the top of the strut. The bolt in the front of the strut was replaced with a 3" hex bolt that holds the bag. The second whole is where I put a 1" bolt that goes thru the second hole or rear hole on the bag, and last part is the hook looking part on the end of the bracket. I am still using the original mounting brackets that came with the bags and they attatch to the foot peg mounts. The beauty of this is that they diddnt cost me much (under 10 bucks), they are hard mounted, I can still use my back rest on the quick detach docking system, they only stick out 1" from the strut, and I didnt have to drill or replace my struts. PM me if you want any other pics or I cant send you a templet of the bracket.

Attached Thumbnails Mounting Heritage Springer bags on Deluxe?-softail-bagger-001.jpg   Mounting Heritage Springer bags on Deluxe?-softail-bagger-002.jpg   Mounting Heritage Springer bags on Deluxe?-softail-bagger-003.jpg   Mounting Heritage Springer bags on Deluxe?-softail-bagger-008.jpg  
Old 08-18-2010, 07:51 AM
hspring03
Elite HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 49 Posts

Nice work..........They don't stick out any further than any of the quick detach stuff out there

Old 08-18-2010, 08:57 AM
Santo
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by hspring03
Nice work..........They don't stick out any further than any of the quick detach stuff out there
Thanks, yeah my bro-inlaw has asy brackets on his and they stick out way more then mine do. It works for me.

Old 10-03-2010, 04:48 PM
mjohnston66
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Santo
They stick out about 1" away from the strut. Here are a few picks of the brackets. I used 1/8 inch flat stock. In one of the picks the braket looks uneven but I fixed it to be level so the top of the bag is even with the top of the strut. The bolt in the front of the strut was replaced with a 3" hex bolt that holds the bag. The second whole is where I put a 1" bolt that goes thru the second hole or rear hole on the bag, and last part is the hook looking part on the end of the bracket. I am still using the original mounting brackets that came with the bags and they attatch to the foot peg mounts. The beauty of this is that they diddnt cost me much (under 10 bucks), they are hard mounted, I can still use my back rest on the quick detach docking system, they only stick out 1" from the strut, and I didnt have to drill or replace my struts. PM me if you want any other pics or I cant send you a templet of the bracket.
Hey Santo, thanks for sharing. This setup looks terrific. I am planning on doing the same thing and just started researching when I came across your post. I'm going to send you a quick PM.

Quick Reply: Mounting Heritage Springer bags on Deluxe?