Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A little help for the Tall guys, or anyone that needs to "fit" their bike, with pics.

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2011, 05:51 PM
rsarno
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I am 6'2 and im also feeling like some added height would do be some good! Fantastic job I love it!

I must ask, how the hell do you keep your bags so perfect?? I have GSB kits in mine and they are better, but not like yours. Advice?

Old 11-27-2011, 10:54 AM
Talldog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by rsarno
I am 6'2 and im also feeling like some added height would do be some good! Fantastic job I love it!

I must ask, how the hell do you keep your bags so perfect?? I have GSB kits in mine and they are better, but not like yours. Advice?
Thanks

At the time of this post, the bike was fairly new so that helped a lot.

I did have Harley's bag stiffener kit for the top of the bags, and the GSB liners for the bottom half of the bags too.

Old 11-27-2011, 01:26 PM
Dogs57
Tourer
Received 80 Likes on 52 Posts

I put a set of 3 inch Ness forward control extentions on mine. It made a big difference. My son is 6 foot 7 and has a set on his 03 softail standard and it helped him.

Old 12-15-2011, 08:18 PM
jskin
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thank You

Originally Posted by Talldog
Sorry it took so long to answer, I just noticed your question.

Yes, that is the correct part #

Welcome to the forum!
Thank You. I bought the seat on ebay at a good price. I have it on my bike, but to cold to ride. I have sat on it and feel real comfortable.

Old 12-15-2011, 08:26 PM
spongetail
Road Captain

This is an interesting thread. I am 6'2" and have a 2008 Heritage Classic that I am a shade too bid for. I was going to the Fit Shop at my local dealer to see what can be done to help out. This gives me some good info to take with me. Thanks!

Old 12-15-2011, 10:03 PM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 12,220 Likes on 4,770 Posts

I'm 6'4" with a 34" inseam. I went with board extensions and a pogo seat. Not everybody's cup of tea I know but the seat set up really made a huge difference for me. moved me up and back. Of course I lost the sitting in the bike feeling and now have the sitting on the bike feeling but it tripled the distance I can go and not feel the need to get off and stretch my legs.

Old 03-19-2015, 07:07 AM
redcoat54th
3rd Gear

I am also 6' 3" with a 35" inseam. I am going to try the Tallboy option. My new seat is inbound. Apart from being cramped for space, my hips do not like being spread with my feet on the ground to clear the footboards. I do noy have the leverage I would like to hold up the bike with my feet so far forward. I am thinking the taller seat will bring things more in line with a natural stance.

Old 03-19-2015, 04:50 PM
Kraken1
6th Gear
Default Getting There

New to forum.
6'8" 275# Size 15 boot
2014 FLHR

Old 03-23-2015, 06:46 AM
redcoat54th
3rd Gear
Default Tallboy Installed

Tallboy seat PART#51469-06A was an easy install. I now have a much more comfortable riding position to ease the hip and leg strain. The 2" back did not make too much differance for my wife but getting on and off is more difficult due to the 3" gain in height. Not a problem, just something we noticed right away.
Next move will be a taller windshield: the one on the bike is shorter than stock at 15" and I catch a lot of slipstream with the taller seat. I see they make a 23" one. After that comes a set of footpegs on the engine guard so I can rest my heels on the floorboads and angle my feet outward. I had this setup on my Road King and Ultra and loved it.
I want to move the floorboards forward but not out but that will come after I tweak everything else. Getting a bike just right takes time.

Old 01-23-2017, 08:39 AM
Joebrock
3rd Gear
Default Extended boards

Originally Posted by NorCal Dog
i'm also 6'4 & wear wrangler 38 length jeans as riding pants, as i hate it when my jeans come up over my boots when i'm riding

i've got 3" extended footboards / shifter / brake pedal & that took care of the cramped feeling in my legs

dumped the stock fatboy bars & installed fatboy lo bars, that let me stretch out my arms

Hey NorCal,, could u tell me more about the extended boards, I need to do something about my leg rm, and I really like the boards and wouldn't want to get forwards w pegs

Quick Reply: A little help for the Tall guys, or anyone that needs to "fit" their bike, with pics.