Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for a rear kickstand for my train

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 12:56 PM
Ash16
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Looking for a rear kickstand for my train

Looking for a rear mounted kickstand for my 09 Train lowered 2 inches in back. Will they work with my swingarm bag? Which one would be the best?

Old 11-03-2010, 04:37 PM
klf33
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Ash16
Looking for a rear mounted kickstand for my 09 Train lowered 2 inches in back. Will they work with my swingarm bag? Which one would be the best?
I think Story808 (one of this forum favorite champions) has this setup, you can ping him but make sure he answers publicly so we know the answer.

I am putting a full fatboy-lo setup on my bike (boards) and Ness 1" under kickstand, will let you guys know how it works.

Old 11-03-2010, 04:54 PM
SMF
Banned

I think it going to look killer dude

Old 11-03-2010, 05:29 PM
Joe What
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have an arlen ness rear adjustable kickstand
for sale. Its slightly scraped, when mounted or
extended the scrapes are not visible. Pm if interested.

Old 11-03-2010, 05:29 PM
Joe What
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have an arlen ness rear adjustable kickstand
for sale. Its slightly scraped, when mounted or
extended the scrapes are not visible. Pm if interested.

Old 11-03-2010, 07:04 PM
story808
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Haha... thx Klf

I've always wanted a swing arm bag but I would have to relocate to many things.

Ash... The one I have on my bike I needed to drill and tap the frame cause I wanted it to mount higher on the frame then the Ness bolt on one. But I think that any rear stand will be a pain with a swing arm bag?

I have a friend here on Island that put his rear stand on the other side of the bike???
It looks trippy when it's leaning the other way compared to all the other bikes, Just throwing it out there... Something different?

Good luck and let us know if you find something... See where mine bolts up? Unlike the Ness one that would use the existing holes where the true duals bracket would mount up.

Old 11-03-2010, 07:11 PM
story808
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Oh yeah... Rear Stands don't lock out like the Jiffy's do... So you need to be really aware of how and where you park... I always park my bike in gear so it can't roll forward and fall off the stand!

Old 11-03-2010, 08:00 PM
SpicOfTheDevil
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by story808
Oh yeah... Rear Stands don't lock out like the Jiffy's do... So you need to be really aware of how and where you park... I always park my bike in gear so it can't roll forward and fall off the stand!
word...headups on this one, i've got the ness stand and lowered the rear round 1.5", bike went down and f'ed up the clutch inspection cover, bike was in facing downward in a very slight slope in the sidewalk in front of my house, started her (me off it) and while putting my helmet my neighbor asked for help carrying some heavy lamp she bought, i left the bike running and while doing the good neighbor thing herd the clunk sound it does when going to 1st gear, turned my head and damnnn....
so listen to story's advise, i've always being careful where and how i park my bike, yet was my time to do a stupid thing...i still think the rear stand makes the bike look stylish and helps short people like me

Old 11-04-2010, 01:44 PM
Ash16
Outstanding HDF Member

Thanks for the info Story. Your bike has always been one of my favorites. I keep waiting for you to change it up enough for me to do some of the things that you have done without ripping off your style but every time you do something new I like your bike even more. Eventually I'm gonna have to do the triple trees, handlebars, and front fender. You will just have to tell me I suck a$$ or maybe I just won't post any pics.

Old 11-04-2010, 01:49 PM
klf33
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

I knew Story has all the answers ,
Question, how do they fold ? forward or backward as well ? I guess they would look odd folded !.

Quick Reply: Looking for a rear kickstand for my train