Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bullet Fairing on Fatboy Lo

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2014, 08:32 AM
JP-FLSTFB
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by s5051
Jimmy Dixon, Memphis fairing part number - 2330-0086, and 2320-0100. Ordered through Wanaryd, but the part numbers translates to MEM7121, and MEB1975 respectively.
Question for you, what signal mirrors are you running? I am thinking of putting a batwing fairing on my lo and your signal mirrors look like I could get away with those without putting the signals on the forks. I don't care for the looks of them there. Would like to use the mirrors instead if they clear the fairing. They look longer than stock mirrors? Do you have a part number?

Thanks!

Old 04-22-2014, 09:23 AM
peg20
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I haven't really used my bullet fairing since I bought it, but am planning to take it on a Euro ride in a couple of weeks so thought I'd better test it out. I noticed that the brackets had a slight bend in them, outwards on one side, and inwards on the other. I kept glancing down at them at stops and realised that the bushings on one side of the forks looked different to those on the other side. Sure enough, there are different bushings for the top and bottom fork mounts and I hadn't noticed, putting one type on one side and the other on the other.

So when you come to mount the bushings; make sure you identify the top bushings from the bottom ones and fit appropriately. Otherwise, like me, you'll find you have to push hard to get the fairing to fit on. Now mine clips on and off much easier. Doh!

Old 04-22-2014, 10:03 AM
Jimmy Dixon
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by peg20
i haven't really used my bullet fairing since i bought it, but am planning to take it on a euro ride in a couple of weeks so thought i'd better test it out. I noticed that the brackets had a slight bend in them, outwards on one side, and inwards on the other. I kept glancing down at them at stops and realised that the bushings on one side of the forks looked different to those on the other side. Sure enough, there are different bushings for the top and bottom fork mounts and i hadn't noticed, putting one type on one side and the other on the other.

So when you come to mount the bushings; make sure you identify the top bushings from the bottom ones and fit appropriately. Otherwise, like me, you'll find you have to push hard to get the fairing to fit on. Now mine clips on and off much easier. Doh!
nice!

Old 04-23-2014, 09:26 PM
Wabbit
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by shortmon
If I were to guess, the mounting hardware is simmilar.
I'd buy the fairing that will fit, with the fatboy black mounting kit.
I'd bet it will work.
Ok, so I can say for a fact that you can't get the MS Bullet fairing on a Fatboy Lo with the Freight Train nacelle.

The folks at Dennis Kirk were kind enough to work with me on this. The guy in tech support got the parts for a Fatboy fairing brackets and a Roadking version of the Bullet and verify that they fit together. He said that if it didn't work, I could return it, so I ordered it.

Unfortunately, it just doesn't tilt back over the top of the nacelle. So back to the drawing board.

I wonder if the MS Batwing fits on a Fatboy Lo with the freight train nacelle and quick release?

Old 07-26-2014, 10:26 PM
JPDU4
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Picture request

Originally Posted by WAhog
Hey Brad - can't get to the bike right now but I have 1.75 inch thick T-bars with 8 inch rise and 12.5 inch pull back - I will try and get some measurements tomorrow.

I still have my 10" round utility bag attached the bars underneath the screen (and still managed to fit a bag of five burgers in under the screen coming home last week!). Would have thought that apes would be a no go with this fairing though, even if they did fit not sure it would look right anyway.
can you send a picture of what the 10inch bag looks like under the screen?