Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 03-16-2015, 03:36 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Have a trouble code? Forum members post several methods to clear different types of error codes. Sometimes, error codes can be caused by wires that have rubbed through and are shorting out. Be sure to check your ground connections to ensure it is not a simple fix before tearing your bike down.

Read the full discussion below to find out more.
Print Wikipost

How To: Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC's)

Old 08-03-2011, 02:45 PM
RicardoJPinto
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi there

I have 2 DTC error codes:
b2206 and b2208 on my 2011 Rocker C, anyone knows what they mean?

Thank you.

Old 08-18-2011, 12:52 PM
tsdchief
Stage I
Default DTC diagnostics mode

What if when you place the jumper you don't get any lights (won't even give me the intial 10 second routine)?

2001 Fatboy
Thunderheader 2:1
Stage 1 AC
PCIII

Old 09-30-2011, 01:37 PM
illwill
4th Gear

About a month after purchasing my '11 FLSTC, with ABS and security, I was teaching a college class during the day and left my lights on. After being alerted that my lights had been left on, I went to the parking lot and my battery would barely turn the engine over - surely wasn't going to start. After class, I got a couple of the male students to help me push-start my scooter.

From that point forward, when I'd get off the bike to fill up or anything else that took only a few minutes, and then try to 'hot' start my bike, it would try to turn over, and wouldn't quite make it. Immediately letting off the starter button and then pressing it again, the bike would start, but my ABS light would continue to flash. I'd pull up the code, and it showed a low voltage/excessive idling code - can't remember the number, but I'd have to clear that code before the ABS would start working again.

The bike was so new, I thought this was just an inherent problem with 'hot starts' so I continued to struggle with this happening for about 10 months.l I had the local dealer check it out and they couldn't come up with a better explanation than I had - that the compression of the new engine was just keeping me from starting it immediately after shut down. WRONG! I had the battery replaced, under warranty and that FIXED THE PROBLEM.

One of the reasons I never suspected the battery is because, after having been in the auto parts industry for 3 decades, and having sold batteries from all of the few battery manufacturers in the U.S., I'd never seen a battery that went bad that quickly after only one deep discharge - still had dim lights and would try to turn over, so not completely depleted. If this is a problem for more than just a few, may be time for HD to switch battery manufacturers - might try DELCO for a good solid battery - best in the industry, imho...

Anyway, just thought this might help someone with a similar problem with their newer ABS rides. If this doesn't belong here, feel free to move it, mods...

I believe the code was CO562 or something like that...........

Old 10-10-2011, 08:07 PM
sprint12
Road Warrior

On an 03 FLHTC...no codes flash after jumping the diagnostic connector.
When you start the bike the check engine light stays on for approx. 20 -30 seconds. The bike will hiccup going down the road sometimes. It is injected also.

Old 10-11-2011, 12:47 PM
poppavein
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RicardoJPinto
Hi there

I have 2 DTC error codes:
b2206 and b2208 on my 2011 Rocker C, anyone knows what they mean?

Thank you.
I'm sure you've already fixed this but I just got my Electrical Diagnostic Manual.

B2206: Engine stop switch input open/shorted high
B2208: Engine stop switch input open/shorted low

Old 10-30-2011, 06:32 PM
RicardoJPinto
Advanced

Originally Posted by poppavein
I'm sure you've already fixed this but I just got my Electrical Diagnostic Manual.

B2206: Engine stop switch input open/shorted high
B2208: Engine stop switch input open/shorted low
Yes already fixed it was the connector of stop switch under the tank.
But Thank You anyway.

Now I have 2 new ones:
P1632
B2161

Old 07-10-2012, 11:02 AM
Renegade64
Stage I

Originally Posted by kkiley
FYI, for the '00-'03 carb models, the test procedure is correct but the codes are not. Those models are very limited in their diagnostic code abilities.

Does anybody have the codes for carb models?

Old 09-29-2012, 09:57 PM
kkiley
Road Master
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Why was this thread removed as a sticky? It needs to be added back

Old 12-10-2012, 10:43 PM
cudajames
Stage III

Hey , Anyone know the code for a carbed bike ? I have a 2000 Road King & have a flashing engine light -

4 slow - 4 slow - 6 fast
4 slow - 2 slow - 6 fast

Any ideas on what they mean ?

I also did the speedo ck & I get the d01-d10 . Most clr - 1 says ck - I presume that one has an issue . I think it was the d08 - I had the booster pack & battery charger on it - voltage went up a bit too high . I think that's what caused that .

Next click leads me to "cal03" any ideas on what that means ?

Old 01-19-2013, 12:37 PM
czarone
6th Gear

Hey y'all, I followed the check code process and got code Pn34327.06. Anybody have a clue what that means? When BIKE(2006 FXDLI, 80,000 miles) is cold, problem with spiting back thru valve body and dies sometimes, but after she warms up, runs good. Also problem with the RPM's(idle) going up and down. Thanks....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How To: Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC's)