Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heritage seat options

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2016, 09:45 AM
tbplayer
Cruiser
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Heritage seat options

If you love the stock seat on the Heritage as I do, are there really any decent alternatives?

When I did the hardbag conversion on my Heritage, I tried a couple of aftermarket seats. I tried the Mustang vintage wide sport touring seat, and the LePera Sanora.

The quality and "heft" of the Mustang seat was unquestionable. Very hard, which was okay, but the vinyl heated me up relative to leather, so I eventually went back to stock.

The LePera looked nice, but after many miles, the lack of support became obvious, and like on my last bike (Vulcan 900) I started to feel like I was just sitting on the bar underneath. So that was completely useless - and I eventually went back to stock.

I'd really love it if there were an option that did a better job of complimenting the lines of the bike, and maybe customized. For example, I was looking at the Corbin the other day, and the dark snakeskin surface with contrast stitching looked really cool.

But with two bad experiences behind me, I'm reluctant to try anything else without asking around first.

If not, I'll stick with stock - because I can ride for hours on it.

Thanks.

Old 11-11-2016, 10:24 AM
<- user name here
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I tried the Harley touring seat that had the rider backrest and was not happy at all, went to the Harley sundowner and and have been very pleased. rode from Tennessee to Panama city beach a few times and no complaints at all.

Old 11-11-2016, 11:39 AM
Berick
Tourer
Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

If you plan to buy a Corbin I would make sure you are able to physically see or touch the seat you are buying before you buy it. I've been told the best thing is to roll into their shop in California and have them measure you up and get you a custom seat.

If you intend on ordering through them online.... I don't recommend it. I got mine and it was blemished. Their customer service after a sale is the absolute worst and I'm basically stuck with a blemished seat that cost me a ton of $$$.

Personally, I would not buy another Corbin unless I was at their shop to see the seat before handing them my cash. Read their reviews online before you buy. I should have.

Old 11-11-2016, 02:06 PM
Bone Doc
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 10,863 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Many riders who want a different seat look for new seats. Another alternative is to customize your stock seat, especially if you like it. You can replace the stock foam with gelfoam and have gel pads added. They can customize it to lower or raise you, push you back, etc. The options are really endless.

An excellent place for this is Mean City Cycles.

Last edited by Bone Doc; 11-11-2016 at 04:51 PM.
Old 11-11-2016, 02:54 PM
Mike Lawless
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 485 Likes on 324 Posts

I bought a Corbin for my Deluxe last year. Nice looking seat. Very good quality. I didn't have the issues Berick had.

Hard as a rock. I like doing all day and multi-day rides. They say the hard Corbin seats need a couple thousand miles to break in. After 4000 miles, it was still a pain in the a$$ after about five or six hours, even with breaks.

This last summer, I took the stock seat, which was a bit weathered, to a local custom upholstery guy who specializes in motorcycle seats. He did a fantastic job. I had him do the passenger seat and my bolt-on Grasshopper back rest to match along with a matching tank bib. I shoulda done that at the beginning. But in January, there was a long wait time to get it done, and I was impatient, As a result, I spent money twice, and I have a good looking, hard as a rock Corbin and backrest sitting in a box.

Old 11-11-2016, 03:42 PM
cocky
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 152 Likes on 124 Posts

+1 on Mean City Cycles. Just have them recover your stock seat.

The following users liked this post:
tbplayer (11-16-2016)
Old 11-12-2016, 07:39 AM
RedHogz
Tourer
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

I picked up a Saddleman Gel seat and rear pillon for my '03 Heritage. It was like riding on a steel pan for a month but now conforms to the shape of this old ***. Very comfy and better than Harley's in '03 hands down.

Old 11-12-2016, 10:16 AM
jkiser
Cruiser
Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

I have an ultimate with driver backrest on my 16 Heritage and its the best seat I have ever owned. Great quality and very comfy for me and my lady. Its expensive but worth every penny.

I have tried all the Harley seats and none worked for me. Also tried Mustang, nope..

Get an Ultimate, you won't be sorry..

Old 11-12-2016, 10:54 AM
Tony_N
Road Master
Received 252 Likes on 175 Posts

Seats are a personal preference. For me the Mustang Wide Touring is a lot more comfortable for a long ride than the Fat Boy seat that was on it. But the Fat Boy seat looked better.

I've heard good things about C&C seats, but haven't tried one.

Old 11-12-2016, 02:16 PM
Bestrafen
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 518 Likes on 267 Posts

After going through about 5 different seats on this bike, I have to say I'm keeping the Danny Gray seat. YMMV. FWIW, my LePera was the harshest riding seat ever. I think a 2x4 would be more comfortable.

The following users liked this post:
tbplayer (11-16-2016)

Quick Reply: Heritage seat options