Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'09 Crossbones Modifications (and so it began)

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2011, 08:05 AM
TedMan
Road Warrior
Received 230 Likes on 145 Posts

Welcome to the Bobber Bones club. Good looking scoot. Ride safe.

TedMan

Old 01-23-2011, 10:45 PM
dazc76
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sportster Spence
Hi Darren, let me know how much you want for your Air Cleaner and I'll arrange payment and shipping with you.

Do you have Paypal?

I'll be out of town until Friday, I'll get back to you by the weekend unless I can get to a computer before then. I don't have paypal, as for price I have no idea, make an offer and we can go from there.

Last edited by dazc76; 01-23-2011 at 10:52 PM.
Old 01-23-2011, 10:58 PM
dazc76
Cruiser

Originally Posted by TedMan
Welcome to the Bobber Bones club. Good looking scoot. Ride safe.

TedMan
Thanks. I was going to go shorter on the fender, similar to yours, but the ol lady was nagging about where she was going to sit. So I broke and got a longer one, not drilling any holes though. She'll have to make do with a stick on.

Old 01-24-2011, 06:27 AM
JakesDad1
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good job! Wish I could get the time to finish mine!

Old 01-29-2011, 01:54 PM
dazc76
Cruiser

I'm completely disappointed with Shade Tree Fabrications, I ordered a new battery cover to replace the stock one (which will no longer fit unless I do some serious cutting). It's been 4 weeks already. I contacted them last weekend, they told me sorry and would be sending it out. Well I still haven't heard anything yet. They are seriously delaying me. Unfortunately my headlight relocation bracket hasn't arrived yet either so it looks like I won't be getting much done this weekend. BOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-29-2011, 07:08 PM
Bugsplat
Road Captain

Bones Bobber - that is one sweet looking ride!

Old 01-29-2011, 08:54 PM
Kadorja
Road Captain
Received 149 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by dazc76
I'm completely disappointed with Shade Tree Fabrications, I ordered a new battery cover to replace the stock one (which will no longer fit unless I do some serious cutting). It's been 4 weeks already. I contacted them last weekend, they told me sorry and would be sending it out. Well I still haven't heard anything yet. They are seriously delaying me. Unfortunately my headlight relocation bracket hasn't arrived yet either so it looks like I won't be getting much done this weekend. BOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!
Where did you put your ECM? I never got a bracket to put mine behind the oil tank so right now its under the seat. Wish I hadnt chopped up the old battery cover and just went with a custom leather cover like im planning on right now. I would of just given you mine.

Old 01-30-2011, 11:23 AM
dazc76
Cruiser

Right now it looks like I'm going to put the ECM in a tool bag and secure it between the groove of the fender and battery cover. We'll see how that looks and works. What is the issue your having with the ECM under the battery cover? That was another option I was looking at.

Old 01-30-2011, 02:59 PM
fallenspringer
Cruiser

should remove the front fender, my opinion. I did it to my classic and will never have a front fender again.

Attached Thumbnails '09 Crossbones Modifications (and so it began)-brawler1.jpg  
Old 01-30-2011, 04:53 PM
Kadorja
Road Captain
Received 149 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by dazc76
Right now it looks like I'm going to put the ECM in a tool bag and secure it between the groove of the fender and battery cover. We'll see how that looks and works. What is the issue your having with the ECM under the battery cover? That was another option I was looking at.
Its just so high up the stock cover and the new one from shadetree wouldnt fit. It clears the seat without the cover but with the cover in place it pushed up so much the seat would never fully lock onto the posts.

Im going to try to get some black leather like what runs down the tank and continue on with it under the cover. I try not to ride in the rain if I know a storm is coming but now I can honestly say I cant ride in the rain. Dont want any electrical gremlins to pop up.

My next issue is rear turn signals.

Quick Reply: '09 Crossbones Modifications (and so it began)